Billie Joe playing with The Replacements

That's the kinda classy suit I wouldn't mind him wearing as Green Day. Just sayin' :whistle

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep thinking about how cool it is of The Replacements to let Billie Joe pretty much join them. Maybe they know he can help draw in crowds, but it's also a risk and plenty of their fans probably resent it. I can't help but wonder how Green Day fans would respond if they allowed some random pop punk musician to join them for an entire tour just because he idolized them as a kid. We probably wouldn't like it, but that's what Billie is getting to do with his favorite band.

With that hairstyle, slap some eyeliner on him and it's 2004 again.

Dont forget the red tie and studded belt :P

Tara Michelle @tmfamb01 4h

Within four hours I saw & met brett dennen, met billy Joel Armstrong, saw the replacements, sang along to ray lamontagne...

alexis dickens @alexispaige4321 14h

I met Cage the Elepahants, Beck, the Replacements, and Billie Joal from Green day while working back stage! and CTE told me they loved me

Tara Michelle ‏@tmfamb01 4h

Within four hours I saw & met brett dennen, met billy Joel Armstrong, saw the replacements, sang along to ray lamontagne...

alexis dickens ‏@alexispaige4321 14h

I met Cage the Elepahants, Beck, the Replacements, and Billie Joal from Green day while working back stage! and CTE told me they loved me

Billie Joal. Haha OMG this is new. Someone should make a list of all of his "names" lol

Btw now he can understand fans on stage who kiss him

Good, I'd had enough of Hobo Billie.

Oh what a wonderful thing to come home to! :D He looks great and happy. Love it.

A review and some better quality pics: http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/billie_joe_armstrong_joins_the_replacements_for_a_sloppy_rambunctious_perfo

The Replacements made no special mention or acknowledgement of Armstrong, simply treating him as just another member of the band. It's entirely possible that many festival goers were unaware of who the striped jacket clad, jet black haired guitarist actually was. Billie Joe seemed to relish in this relative anonymity, grinning from ear to ear at another opportunity to perform with the reunited rockers.

While their set, the group's first in two months, had its share of sloppy moments and false starts, a fact readily pointed out and mocked by bassist and founding member Tommy Stinson, as well as guitar smashing antics, Armstrong's enthusiasm coupled with the unwavering momentum provided by current drummer Josh Freese, helped bind the songs together and keep things afloat.

Replacements_BillieJoe5.jpg

Replacements_BillieJoe3.jpg

Replacements_BillieJoe1.jpg

Billie Joe at Forecastle:

c1557f340343739.jpg b41c24340343741.jpg

(Click images for HQ.)

He was absolutely gorgeous yesterday :wub: This look is kicking the beardy look in the booty :happy:'Cause the hair was pure perfection. And he was happy like every time he plays, so I'm sure everybody there had a great time.

It all makes sense now. :lol:

Archived