Your Favorite Billie Joe "Rant"

Thisnamehasnoreason

Why do people think that rant during Letterbomb is against technology? He's talking about the horrible things we see in the news, not how we see/hear the news.

Also I love the anit-technology rant on Static Age and the gay marriage during KFAD during one 99 Revolutions's show

Ooh, I love that one. :wub:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't link to the video from here, but from one of the 21CB-era club shows:

"Y'know, we haven't decided if we're gonna play the whole album or not, fuck it, should we play the whole fuckin' album? Y'know, you never know what the future's gonna bring? I mean, I don't have a fuckin' clue. I don't know what the fuck I'm doing, I don't know where the fuck I'm going. I never fucking do. But sometimes it's important to think about the future but stay in the fuckin' moment at the same time. So it's about nights like this to create memories like this. It's about Franz Ferdinand playing across the street. Hallelujah, hallelujah!"

He proceeds to sing "Viva la Gloria!", and while he butchers the lyrics his voice is in top form. While the whole thing is kinda cringingly embarrassing and incoherent, it also seems incredibly genuine compared to later rants, and for some reason it's stuck with me. That's also my fave live performance of VLG.

I LOVE the "you worry" rant during She. I'll have to look up some more rants at some point and see if I find a better one.

Was he on drugs during the ''You worry thing'' ? Druggie or just insane ? :P

Hes just being Billie.

His anti-technology rant annoyed me. It was hypocritical. And it seems even worse now, coming from a guy who uses Instagram!

I wouldn't say it was totally hypocritical.

Was he on drugs during the ''You worry thing'' ? Druggie or just insane ? :P

He was probably high as a kite :P

I think the Minority speech in BIAB was one of the best ones he's done. Well-worded and succinct. Historically he is better at voicing his feelings through song though :P

And his banter during Woodstock was fucking hilarious.

Ah, here's the video of that aforementioned rant.

That was actually beautiful with the background piano and what-not. And that Hallelujah. Wow.

That one where he made those really thought-provoking statements and didn't make himself look like a complete asshat.

By which I mean none of them.

He was probably high as a kite :P

"probably"

Hes just being Billie.

He wa so high he was literally floating off the ground.

I was unaware of that, I just thought he was totally off his tits in Chicago. That'd be awesome! :D

There was this one time he was rambling about his teddy bear in the closet and another time where he kept on going about his pet rock John, for instance. :P But yeah, the Chicago one sounds kinda more...spontaneous? At least he really sounded off the bat in that one while he was only slightly more sedate in the other two.

EDIT: Come to think of it, during the Dookie era they almost always seem to do pretty much the same stuff. Just an amateur observation (going by the bootlegs), Billie growls somewhere during Chump (doesn't always happen though), does a bit of Bon Jovi ('It's all the same...') during Disappearing Boy and that whole 'M-I-C-K-E-Y' thing during Paper Lanterns.

That one where he made those really thought-provoking statements and didn't make himself look like a complete asshat.

By which I mean none of them.

"probably"

Yeah he was probably higher than a kite :lol:

I'll say none, as well. It's hard for me to tell the difference if he's "joking" or bloody serious like he was on iheart =/

BUT on the last 99Revolutions shows he gave those speeches about "this is the night" or it's all about love and all that, and that... that makes me so freaking happy :wub::happy:

I love pretty much everything he says at the Woodstock performance. He was fucking hilarious in that one.

No he wasn't he was on speed.

Like Tman has said, he has had other rants exactly like this. Therefore, I deem that he was not, in fact, on speed.

I love pretty much everything he says at the Woodstock performance. He was fucking hilarious in that one.

"How now brown cow!"

And his banter during Woodstock was fucking hilarious.

"Hey, look at me! I'm a f**king idiot!" :lol:

Like Tman has said, he has had other rants exactly like this. Therefore, I deem that he was not, in fact, on speed.

"How now brown cow!"

He was most definitely on speed.

You can take speed more than once.

And people aren't so twitchy when they're sober :P

"Hey, look at me! I'm a f**king idiot!" :lol:

"You're just maaaad cos you're in the rain, well fuuuuck you!"

Unless that was Mike :ninja:

He was most definitely on speed.

You can take speed more than once.

And people aren't so twitchy when they're sober :P

So your telling me that he took speed at multiple shows, and the speed caused him to go off on the same exact rant each time?

Seems legit.

Archived