Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

It's crazy hearing people yap about the guitar tone. I swear it was only like ceadoggy dog and a FEW others complaining about that from the beginning.

It's okay, I feel quite vindicated right now :happy:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Now I'm singing out the alphabet

As the tears are putting out my cigarette"

Those lyrics are used in both Angel Blue and State of Shock

It's crazy hearing people yap about the guitar tone. I swear it was only like ceadoggy dog and a FEW others complaining about that from the beginning.

proud to be one of the early haters of the whole production ;)

another thing i noticed: the vocals without all the effects and with mike in the backround sound a lot better as well. they are alive and breathing. not cold and sterile like on most trilogy songs.

btw: that bass intro for baby eyes :runaround:

Also Baby Eyes is AMAZING on Demolicious. That intro is incredible with Mike's bass

I think I've got the Let Yourself Go breakdown:

I wanna live with normal people
Wanna breath with normal people

Wanna work with normal people

Wanna die with the scene and I gotta let it go

Not 100% on the end of the last line, but yeah.

I love the way mike sings his part in sex, drugs and violence. It sounds so much more bad ass than the studio version.

When I hear Stay the Night acoustic I can't help picturing Billie going to the studio at night to record, maybe after a few beers... honestly, such a sleepy voice :lol:

:o

every link ive been given to demolicous doesnt work!! can someone PLEASE give me one that does work!!
THANKYOU!!!

Intro of Baby Eyes Demo Reminds me Christians Inferno

Has anyone figured out the breakdown of Let Yourself Go?

What I have so far:

I wanna live with normal people

Wanna breath with normal people

______ with normal people

??????????

Also, what about the bridge in Oh Love? Any one have a clue?

I suppose it's something like this

"gonna work with normal people"

"when i die they gonna see i'm gonna let yoursef go"

They were right though. These versions with a good guitar tone are so, so much better, it truly can make or break a song. Clearly the band thought so too or they wouldn't have released a load of demos...

"when i die they gonna see i'm gonna let yoursef go"

Nice to see Billie's grammar is as good on demos as on album tracks.

Is there any on YouTube?

Yeah, but some videos don't play. If that happens try watching them in 240p. Normally works

I like State of Shock quite a bit. The hook is impeccable and so are the chorus harmonies. Some of the lyrics come off a little awkward in parts but not bad lyrically compared to a lot of the trilogy.

But at times I hear quite a similarity with Scumbag.

Can't be the only one can I?

I pretty much like all the songs better. just saying.

They were right though. These versions with a good guitar tone are so, so much better, it truly can make or break a song. Clearly the band thought so too or they wouldn't have released a load of demos...

Nice to see Billie's grammar is as good on demos as on album tracks.

-you know

Finally getting a chance to listen to it... Could have done without Oh Love and Ashley, but the rest of them are blowing me away! They really fucked up the trilogy with its shitty production. I dunno if I'll be able to listen to the studio versions of these songs anymore. "Let's make a stripped down album by polishing the fuck out of it..."

This does SOUND much better; however, the lyrics are still shitty for many of the songs which is the biggest problem. Like I felt with UNO, Let Yourself Go and Stay The Night were the standouts, and Stray Heart being the best from Dos. This demo just shows me how stupid of an idea it would've been to bundle all of these songs into one album because If we would've got this, I would've been pissed. Overall, like the trilogy, it's just eh, only song that wows me from this was Stray Heart, which I already liked.

But at times I hear quite a similarity with Scumbag.

Can't be the only one can I?

No, you can't. When I first heard the live version I thought it sounded oddly like Scumbag...

But that's not a bad thing. I really don't mind. :D

As for the acoustic version of Stay the Night, the toned down vocal gives it a much more emotional feel. I can appreciate that but at the same time I wish Billie would have changed keys and we given us a litte more vocal flourish in parts.

Because for me acoustic songs are really about lyrics and vocals. Billie's here is interesting and quite good but I would've liked more.

No, you can't. When I first heard the live version I thought it sounded oddly like Scumbag...

But that's not a bad thing. I really don't mind. :D

Yeah I really don't mind at all either, it's only a small part

So? Like, how many songs have "broken home" in them lol.

Archived