Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

Maybe they dropped the solo from Sex Drugs & Violence because it sounds too similar to another solo? It sounds familiar to me.

Someone said yesterday that it sounds like the solo Billie has been playing during American Idiot at live shows. Personally I don't hear it though.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they dropped the solo from Sex Drugs & Violence because it sounds too similar to another solo? It sounds familiar to me.

It's the vocal melody followed by some blues wank followed by the vocal melody.

I dig the quote on the back of the sleeve. It reminds of something the Joker would say :P

This has probably been asked before, but what does Billie say in the Let Yourself Go demo instead of 'everyone's fucking with my head now'? I think he says 'wanna live with no more people'?

He says:

Wanna live with normal people.

Wanna breathe with normal people...

??? with normal people.

When I die I'm going to see myself let yourself gooo?

Not sure how accurate that is.

I just finished listening to this a little while ago.

I like all the songs, just not the demo sounds of them. However, hearing the reactions after the song was finished was priceless. Overall, I'm glad they decided to tweak the songs.

I honestly didn't think Oh Love could possibly be any more boring, but low and behold, I was wrong. Also, is Billie Joe the one singing on the Stay The Night acoustic? It honestly didn't sound like him to me.

Stay the night acoustic sucked so much!He made a kinda interesting song so boring.

The rest is pretty awesome though!And i actually dislike the trilogy.But this sounds better and also how are the demos more simplex than the recorded versions?I think when they were re-recording some stuff from the trilogy they added some little things on the demos here and there and that actually works on all the songs the way they did it.

How's that good? And what's the quote?

Closure in the sense that they're closing the book on all the craziness that happened with the release of the Trilogy. Releasing this gives them a chance at getting a fresh start.

I just finished listening to this a little while ago.

I like all the songs, just not the demo sounds of them. However, hearing the reactions after the song was finished was priceless. Overall, I'm glad they decided to tweak the songs.

I honestly didn't think Oh Love could possibly be any more boring, but low and behold, I was wrong. Also, is Billie Joe the one singing on the Stay The Night acoustic? It honestly didn't sound like him to me.

The demo version of Oh Love was much more boring :(

But it's also very annoying on a musical level, the way his voice keeps cracking and shit and the guitar annoys me as well.

That's what it sounds like when you're writing a song. Or, at least how most people I know sound when they're writing a song.

On another note, Oh Love's great, but the demo is unnecessary.

STN acoustic would be cute as a serenade (sitting on the edge of your bed, acoustic in hand, really relaxed and unbothered by how it sounds because its the thought that counts) but as part of the record? Nah. It's TOO bare. Any one of us could do that with a guitar, a phone, and a basic knowledge of the song (it even sounds like he messes it up in some parts).

Yeah, I can even play the acoustic version better than him :P

Same. :lol: It's the only one I like more on the trilogy.

In other news... Rusty James is incredible. The rawness suits the tone of the song so fucking well. It's my new jam.

I thought Rusty James was amazing, but he ruins it with the "hey-oh" or whatever in the beginning :(

STN acoustic would be cute as a serenade (sitting on the edge of your bed, acoustic in hand, really relaxed and unbothered by how it sounds because its the thought that counts) but as part of the record? Nah. It's TOO bare. Any one of us could do that with a guitar, a phone, and a basic knowledge of the song (it even sounds like he messes it up in some parts).

Well, its´not meant as a professionally engineered, regular and polished album, it´s meant as a glimpse behind the scenes, to share moments in the progress with us (and, of course, make some money...). I like it, may the songs be better or worse than on the trilogy. I just enjoy the fact that they share some rare moments we would never have experienced otherwise. And as for me I just like this "private" atmosphere and, yes, the far from "perfect" sound and style. Just trying out and enjoying themselves. Great! I didn´t expect much more.

Demolicious is amazing :runaround::woot: really digging State of Shock!
And the acoustic version of Stay the Night is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l :wub: it's like Billie is sitting on the edge of our beds and singing a lullaby for us. EDIT: Cat and I thought the same :lol:

The first time I listened to the acoustic stay the night, I was like: what is this shit. But now I find it brilliant. I love it cause it isn't perfect. Wrong lyrics sometimes, wrong chords, his voice cracks etc.. and that is exactly what makes it perfect. It is simple and pure,even with the mistakes. I love it and I consider it a sort of a "gift" from Billie..

The first time I listended to the acoustic stay the night, I was like: what is this shit. But now I find it brilliant. I love it cause it isn't perfect. Wrong lyrics sometimes, wrong chords, his voice cracks etc.. and that is exactly what makes it perfect. It is simple and pure,even with the mistakes. I love it and I consider it a sort of a "gift" from Billie..

This.

After listening to Demolicious, the stuff Billie said in Cuatro and those teaser videos isn't so ridiculous. These demos have a lot of character. A lot more cool layers too.

I've listened to all the songs now, and I think it's wayyy better than the trilogy. I especially love Mike's vocals. And I would have like to have seen all the extra stuff at the end of tracks (like people saying random things and amps turning off etc.) in the released albums. It gives them a nicer feel, I think.

I made this edit about the album for tumblr:

tumblr_n3zz9cIEgM1rsocino1_500.png

All the songs are better on Demolicious, especially Baby Eyes, Sex, Drugs & Violence, 99 Revolutions, Rusty James and A Little Boy Named Train.

It's good that they fixed the typos in the titles ("Sex, Drugs & Violence" and "A Little Boy Named Train")

What typos?

exactly, that's what I thought too...and maybe he recordered it with the iphone too? Cause that's what it sounds to me..

Ugh, I hope not. 64 kbps :lol:

It's a double LP. So one will be red, one will be clear. The sleeve contains both colors.

Example: Sides A & B on red, sides C & D on clear

I don't think that's correct, considering the picture that Adeline posted today.

Is this being released on CD?

Yes.

Check this

Via 1-2-3-4 Go! Records "Billie Joe was nice enough to stop by and autograph the "Demolicious" test pressing we're raffling off on Record Store Day. Just be one if the first 100 people in line, turn in your ticket and you'll be entered to win it! @bj_unoxx #greenday #1234gorecords #rsd #rsd14 #rsd2014 #recordstoreday"

1601216_10152146013111785_21213012917302

I'M JELLY :cry: How lucky

The only song I still don't seem to like is Rusty James. It's just so boring...

That quote on the back goes along with the idea of the album sounding like "demolition," which something said earlier.

I wish they'd kept the feedback/whatever that noise is on the second verse of Ashley.

Archived