Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

It's not the guitar tone that makes (some of) these songs sound better, it's the fact that they're being played live.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So are there going to be two colours of vinyl or not? I thought there were, but the sticker on the front says "pressed on red/clear vinyl" which some people are saying means clear red vinyl?

10168104_677065682360069_452144046864932

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I'm too lazy to search.

So are there going to be two colours of vinyl or not? I thought there were, but the sticker on the front says "pressed on red/clear vinyl" which some people are saying means it'll be clear red vinyl?

10168104_677065682360069_452144046864932

Sorry if this has been discussed already, I'm too lazy to search.

The person explained in the description that the vinyls are Red & Clear (each record has one half Clear and the other half Red) - that's what I understood. So like this:

240px-Panic_In_Their_Eyes_Half_Red_Half_

The person explained in the description that the vinyls are Red & Clear (each record has one half Clear and the other half Red) - that's what I understood. So like this:

Ahh okay, thank you :) makes it easier to collect at least!

It's a double LP. So one will be red, one will be clear. The sleeve contains both colors.

Example: Sides A & B on red, sides C & D on clear

At least, this is my understanding. I could be wrong.

After spending the last day with this, I've decided that I enjoy the Demolicious versions of songs more than their album counterparts EXCEPT for Stay the Night, Ashley, and Stray Heart. Songs I hated before (Baby Eyes, Angel Blue, Carpe Diem, SDV) sound miles better than they did to me before. This version of Baby Eyes is one of my favorite things Green Day's done in the last nine years.
And I still love State of Shock.

This has probably been asked before, but what does Billie say in the Let Yourself Go demo instead of 'everyone's fucking with my head now'? I think he says 'wanna live with no more people'?

Pokéball!! :wub:

I really can't fathom how the demo of stay the night can be worse than the one on Uno. I mean I haven't listened to it but really? I can't even bare to listen to the Uno version anymore. All that crappy reverb on the solo and the god awful intro, just horrible.

I really can't fathom how the demo of stay the night can be worse than the one on Uno. I mean I haven't listened to it but really? I can't even bare to listen to the Uno version anymore. All that crappy reverb on the solo and the god awful intro, just horrible.

I think it's better, it's pretty much the same as the studio version structure wise but just more pure

Most of the songs on here sound pretty great and I can understand how you'd prefer them to the Trilogy. Not sure if I will yet but who knows, still a fun album to listen to.

I love Stay the Night on here and on the Trilogy. I even like the little acoustic song although it can be kind of boring. Billie's voice sounds nice and it's simple and I don't know why anybody would expect a Green Day song from 2012 to sound anything more than simple as fuck on acoustic guitar. Anyway a really cool RSD release for the fans and I'm happy with it

I like how in some elements of these songs they use them live. 99 Revolutions on Demolicious sounds nearly identical to the way it sounded when I saw them last year

I like how in some elements of these songs they use them live. 99 Revolutions on Demolicious sounds nearly identical to the way it sounded when I saw them last year

the outreo expecially sound exactly as it was played live.

aalso I'm in love with a little guitar solo on Sex Drug & Violence

Sex drugs and violence is much better. The "English Math and Science" line even bothers me less because of how much better Billies vocals sound.

love the quote on the back, implying that this demo album is closure for them in a way

How's that good? And what's the quote?

It's not the guitar tone that makes (some of) these songs sound better, it's the fact that they're being played live.

Yeah, bad sound quality, but much more authentic and pure. That´s garage sound in my ears. I enjoy it much more than the originals. I feel carried back to times when my brother and his friends were jamming in some basement, someone bringing coke and beer, having fun and fooling around. Ah, those good ol´times... :)

Did you guys see Adeline Records's instagram post of demolicious? Shows both discs on clear vinyl.

Just called my local record store, said they don't have a lot so I should come in early. The girl said she doesn't know if they're getting cassettes, but I hope they do. I don't want to go there super early though, people are gonna lind up at 6am! Hell, i waited in line for 3 hours to meet Mike Dirnt, I ain't waiting in line 3 hours just to buy a record.

Wait but in the end are they splitting up or not? Just a break, right?

Who knows...

State of Shock, Let Yourself Go, and Stay the Night are 110% identical. Same guitar tone, same room sound, same everything.

Oh, and Stray Heart and possibly Oh Love.

I completely disagreed until I relistened before replying. It's the lack of life in State of Shock I think that made me think that. I like the song I just think that was a weak take.

Maybe they dropped the solo from Sex Drugs & Violence because it sounds too similar to another solo? It sounds familiar to me.

Archived