Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Carpe Diem is great (except for Billie's kind of slow lyric delivery in the first verse, but then it's awesome). I actually wish State of Shock was more polished/a studio version. Stray Heart is still wonderful, just in a different way. The drums in Oh Love are good. And what the fuck, I hated Makeout Party and now I kind of like it, so I guess that along makes the trilogy better for me :lol:

It's for Record Store Day...

Also, since the trilogy, arguably, was a "for the fans" album, this is just another gift.

Aren't all albums for the fans? Who else (aside from yourself) would you release it for?

I did say at the end of my post that I thought maybe it was just a RSD effort!

WHERE THE FUCK IS EVERYBODY GETTING THIS.

I understand, it pisses me because I feel like shit and I'm always clueless :P

Malaysia!

ng what ?

Why did they add in those effects to Mike's vocals in the final version. The demo version is PERFECT.

This is as disappointing as I expected!

What's the point in releasing demos of songs in there finished state, release a version with earlier/alternative lyrics or in a different key or somehow musically different, not just lower quality versions! Yes in some of these songs there are small differences musically, but not enough that I would say it warrants a demo version to be released!

Although having said that I do appreciate that maybe this is more of an effort to help RSD!

Perhaps the drastic change in production on every instrument warrants a small release (which is what this is, they didn't promise anything earth-moving). The raw sound improves (not necessarily saves) every song almost.

I actually like stay the nights studio version better!

The little guitar bit at the end of Fell For You!! This album is so so so good!! :wub:

The little guitar bit at the end of Fell For You!! This album is so so so good!! :wub:

the drums at the beginning of fell for you also sound soooo much better

I've re-ordered the album into two discs, splitting the songs into those which sound like studio recordings and those which sounds like they were recorded at the Tiki Bar by a phone mic hidden inside a cake. Not that that's a bad thing.

When were these recorded?

like when they were doing the trilogy?

Lol, well i didnt know if there were actually 2 different sessions or what!

When were these recorded?

like when they were doing the trilogy?

I'm pretty certain I hear Rob Cavallo in one of them. So my guess is during the recording, maybe while practicing before they actually recorded. A few of the rawer ones were likely done before they even started that process.

I'm pretty certain I hear Rob Cavallo in one of them. So my guess is during the recording, maybe while practicing before they actually recorded. A few of the rawer ones were likely done before they even started that process.

Thanks!! the rawer ones are the best out of the album in my opinion.

Archived