Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

Id love to hear Nightlife as the one played in Cuatro...

I forgot about that version. That might not be half bad!

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So just saw the News post by Andres on GDA mentioning there would be a CD. Does that mean you can only buy the CD on Record Store Day?

Thats when it'll first be available. Most things pop up online, or are full-on released later in the year. I wouldn't fret too much about not getting to hear it.

Thats when it'll first be available. Most things pop up online, or are full-on released later in the year. I wouldn't fret too much about not getting to hear it.

Thanks. :) I don't think there are even any record stores in my area anymore.

We're going to record a podcast tonight to talk about demolicious. So uh, if you care to hear out speculation on it, that'll be up tonight at some point.

We're going to record a podcast tonight to talk about demolicious. So uh, if you care to hear out speculation on it, that'll be up tonight at some point.

OH YES !!!

What if it's just 17 different takes of 99 Revolutions? :sick:

Seriously? That was one of my favorite Trilogy songs, how dare you! haha

The 21st demo sounded just as polished as the album version (not that I dislike it) but I hope these are a little more raw and whatnot. The trilogy songs might really benefit from less production. And my god I'm so excited to hear the new song and I really hope Rusty James and Wild One make it on the album. And please keep Troublemaker and Makeout Party and The Forgotten the fuck away from this.

I'm torn between wanting the new song to be Dreamcather or something we haven't heard yet

I still have a cassette player somewhere. I think it still works too so I'm definitely gonna get the cassette. :lol:

I've got one too! Will probably just buy the cd or digital version though :P

Guys, some things make me think that some songs we request might never be released.

1. Olivia :

Just like Minnesota Girl , Olivia wasn't played a lot. Actually, it was only played once, and , when we heard it, it wasn't that much of a "fisnished song". Unlike Drama Queen that was already we structured, Olivia sounded a little raw and new, I don't think they'll ever release it. + the song never appeared in Cuatro's sheets of titles

2. Oh Girl :

Could be an option. But the song doesn't sound trilogy'ish. We heard it once but, still, it was played the same day as Stay The Night and DreamCatcher. + song wasn't on any lists

3. Dream Cactcher

I think(and want) that DreamCatcher is going to be the one to get released . Why? Because 1: The song was well structured, and completed(even in 2010). It's the best song out there. It sounds like a song from the trilogy + , it appeared in Cuatro's lists of songs.

4. Gabriella

Some lyrics were swapped to Ashley, I don't think we'll ever hear a finished version of that one. + Was listed in Cuatro

5. Any credited songs on Cuatro! (Ruby Mae, Hotfoot Jamboree.

Most songs that weren't trilogy songs on Cuatro were pretty much only little girl riffs.)

Possible choices : State Of Shock, Gabriella, Dreamcatcher

Do people really feel the need for a new album right now? Seriously? We just got 3 brand new fucking albums (which apart from about 2-3 songs, are excellent) and now we're getting this . . a 2 disc collection of possibly all unreleased Green Day demos and people still want more?? I just don't get it . . people are never satisfied with anything.

I remember when International Superhits/Supervideos was released and everyone went apeshit. They were overcome with happiness, over songs and videos that had all been previously available for years. My how times have changed.

Who pissed in your fucking cheerios

Omg Dreamcatcher please please please please!!!

What if these demos are better than the actual songs and this Lp will sell more than the Trilogy itself??!!?

What if these demos are better than the actual songs and this Lp will sell more than the Trilogy itself??!!?

Not surprinsing :P

No seriously, I always found that these songs were too ''perfect'', talking of the sound of them etc. Completely finished, clean etc.

I don't think the trilogy sold poorly because everybody was like "EW" at the music, it sold poorly because nobody cares about Green Day anymore aside from their dedicated fans.

I have a funny feeling this will become the cool thing to like when you talk about the trilogy haha.

Please be Dreamcatcher please be dreamcatcher please be dreamcatcher please be dreamcatcher

Maybe they announced that there will be an unreleased song so they can perform it in one of the upcoming Australia shows... :ninja::ninja::ninja:

I really want to get my hands on the Cassette and CD version. I want the LP too, but I think I can only afford the previous two.

I think we can say that 99% of the GDCers want Dreamcatcher on it :P

Don't even need a poll up to find out which song everyone would like!

Archived