Green Day to release LP titled "Demolicious" to support Record Store Day

Fuzz

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe that after all this time I'm finally listening to this now. Love it so far, and I'm just at the edge of 99 Revolutions. It's how this sorta music should be, no polishing or perfection!

You're not the slowest person around here, I still haven't listened to it and I don't even know why. XD

I still have an unopened LP and cassette if anyone wants to trade/make a decent offer for them (individually or as a pair). PM me if interested.

I managed to complete the set yesterday with getting a cassette for $5 from a record store in Sydney who order it in for me last week.

The highest quality files would come from your CD, not iTunes. :P

I don't want to open it! I said that! I left in wrapped up for so long that I'm kind of like, eh, what's the point now? It's purty in mint condition. :lol:

I don't want to open it! I said that! I left in wrapped up for so long that I'm kind of like, eh, what's the point now? It's purty in mint condition. :lol:

You're better off downloading a FLAC version of it, or at least a version with a high bitrate. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with iTunes. You don't need 94000000 kbps quality when the songs haven't even been mixed properly.

You're better off downloading a FLAC version of it, or at least a version with a high bitrate. Honestly, there's nothing wrong with iTunes. You don't need 94000000 kbps quality when the songs haven't even been mixed properly.

I plan on just downloading some iTunes files for my iPod. Fuck, even the leak sounds fine to me. Still better than 93% of the trilogy. :lol:

I plan on just downloading some iTunes files for my iPod. Fuck, even the leak sounds fine to me. Still better than 93% of the trilogy. :lol:

The leak is better than iTunes Store. The leak is ripped from the CD at 320kbps, AAC (at least the original leak)

So I lucked up on a cassette this morning

I had called one store a week before RSD and said he wasn't getting it

Last night he calls says he had a cassette come in

The leak is better than iTunes Store. The leak is ripped from the CD at 320kbps, AAC (at least the original leak)

Ah, I stand corrected then.

Baby Eyes had become one of my favorite songs and the Demolicious version knocked my socks off. That bass intro is sick and fits the song perfectly....Mike is an assassin on bass and leads into the song incredibly well. Sick.

On the whole Demolicious is a great add to the catalogue. Some of the songs are disappointing quality wise but that's what happens when you have a collection of demos. The bittersweet, overarching takeaway for me is the fact that they worked so hard on this trilogy and had so much fun at times (and you can hear it in the commentary at the end of the songs) and then when the final albums were released....the reception was tepid at best. It kind of sucks. These albums were incredible and the fact that songs such as Stay the Night, Rusty James, X Kid, etc. will never receive the recognition they deserve kind of makes me sick. Thank you Green Day for absolutely rocking our world. Not everyone will always appreciate it, but you're absolute musical geniuses.

Baby Eyes had become one of my favorite songs and the Demolicious version knocked my socks off. That bass intro is sick and fits the song perfectly....Mike is an assassin on bass and leads into the song incredibly well. Sick.

On the whole Demolicious is a great add to the catalogue. Some of the songs are disappointing quality wise but that's what happens when you have a collection of demos. The bittersweet, overarching takeaway for me is the fact that they worked so hard on this trilogy and had so much fun at times (and you can hear it in the commentary at the end of the songs) and then when the final albums were released....the reception was tepid at best. It kind of sucks. These albums were incredible and the fact that songs such as Stay the Night, Rusty James, X Kid, etc. will never receive the recognition they deserve kind of makes me sick. Thank you Green Day for absolutely rocking our world. Not everyone will always appreciate it, but you're absolute musical geniuses.

I think the 99 Revolutions demo is what gets me the most. The demo is a completely badass, call to arms punk song. Then you listen to the studio version and it just falls short, Shame, it could have been a huge hit

Looking for a sealed Cassette with the RSD sticker on it. My store never got any in.

Looking for a sealed Cassette with the RSD sticker on it. My store never got any in.

$500 and we have a deal.

Um, no. I'll get one off amazon for like $25

I'll sign it in silver Sharpie. Deal?

Has anyone figured out the changed lyrics in the Oh Love demo or is it just Billie making things up to fill the space before he had lyrics to go there?

$501

SOLD TO THE MAN WITH THE BLUE BADGE

I think the 99 Revolutions demo is what gets me the most. The demo is a completely badass, call to arms punk song. Then you listen to the studio version and it just falls short, Shame, it could have been a huge hit

After listening to some of the Demolicious tracks (99 revs, Carpe Diem, etc.) I think there are two takeaways for Green Day's next album: (1) Take the fucking makeup off, boys, at best you don't need it and at worst, it holds you back; and (2) Chris Dugan should produce the damn thing. He knows how to capture their live sound better than anyone else can.

After listening to some of the Demolicious tracks (99 revs, Carpe Diem, etc.) I think there are two takeaways for Green Day's next album: (1) Take the fucking makeup off, boys, at best you don't need it and at worst, it holds you back; and (2) Chris Dugan should produce the damn thing. He knows how to capture their live sound better than anyone else can.

Chris was the head engineer for both the trilogy and 21CB and listen to the differences in sound. The sound differences are certainly a combination of the band, Chris, and Rob.

I think an ideal situation would be having Chris and the band in charge of sound but keep Rob for ideas, inspiration, and direction. Just not sure how much experience Chris has with being a producer (i.e. Rob and Butch's roll)

Just not sure how much experience Chris has with being a producer (i.e. Rob and Butch's roll)

He produced the Foxboro album

Archived