Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Other than The Man Who Sold The World album and few songs I don't know much of Bowie's work I'll have to check that song out

Yeah it's a decent song. It's kinda obscure and comes later in his career. His most popular albums from the late 60's and early 70's and radio songs from following decades is what i'm most familiar with but I think I found out about that song on spotify.

The least good song in my books is St.Jimmy, but it still awesome.

And to me Whatsername is an awesome closer, and to be honest rhyming doesn't bother me at all. And I just can relate with it, objectively I realise it is not that creative, but it strikes a chord with me and subjectively it is my favourite on AI. Taken alone many songs beat it but in its context Whatsername is perfect.

Especially that last part that seems to be about coming in terms with one's past and realising that it will never come back and actually one doesn't even want that.

That seems to be a perfect closer to a perfect album, right?

Yeah it's a decent song. It's kinda obscure and comes later in his career. His most popular albums from the late 60's and early 70's and radio songs from following decades is what i'm most familiar with but I think I found out about that song on spotify.

When it comes to Bowie, take a heed of this word: Berlin.

Honestly. A trilogy that actually is awesome from start to finish.

• Like 1

I kind of Nightlife musically.

It would have been such an awesome song with better lyrics and Billie singing some dark melody instead of the rapping in the verses.

There's not enough Jason Freese in this thread. I honestly think he was the most entertaining member of the band on the Breakdown tour. The lack of saxophone at the most recent shows was a bit of a disappointment.

• Like 2

There's not enough Jason Freese in this thread. I honestly think he was the most entertaining member of the band on the Breakdown tour. The lack of saxophone at the most recent shows was a bit of a disappointment.

They should've made him the fourth member instead of White.

Do I have to bribe you to change your sig

Hey, Tom, you fucker...Zack is mine! Zack...come to me if you want something done. Tom is my best buddy, i can make it happen ;)

I may be the only one who doesn't think Billie is a bad actor.

Well that's why this is unpopular opinion thread.

• Like 1

I didn't like the amount of times Billie used the word fuck on Uno or Dos, rather I think the amount of fucks he gave on Tre was just right.

Uno broke the record for swear words on a Green Day album with a grand total of 47. Dos had 15, the same as 21st Century Breakdown, and Tre had 7, making it their third cleanest album to date, behind Warning and Kerplunk. Yeah, yeah. I know. I made a Green Day powerpoint and it has a list of curses from each album. What can I say, I'm a fan.

I think American Idiot would be an even greater album if it didn't include She's A Rebel in it. I mean, i really love the song, but it just doesn't fit all the stuff going on in the album. If they put Favorite Son instead of She's A Rebel and put the song on the b-sides i think that would've made the album better. Personally speaking here.

It is definitely the weakest point in the album, but it's the only glimmer of happiness St. Jimmy and Whatshername get, so I would leave it in simply for the balance. Before this track, he's overdosing on drugs and after it his girlfriend is crying and crying, thinking about leaving him. So....yeah. I think Saint Jimmy really deserves this sliver of poppy happiness. We all do every once and a little while.

• Like 1

Uno broke the record for swear words on a Green Day album with a grand total of 47. Dos had 15, the same as 21st Century Breakdown, and Tre had 7, making it their third cleanest album to date, behind Warning and Kerplunk. Yeah, yeah. I know. I made a Green Day powerpoint and it has a list of curses from each album. What can I say, I'm a fan.

But if you don't include Kill the DJ, Uno will probably go down A LOT

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic