Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

8 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Tight Wad Hill is officially my least favourite Insomniac song. I've been listening to the album on a loop over the last few days (because it's in my car CD player) and the temptation to skip is strongest for that song :lol: I don't hate it and can't even put my finger on why I don't like it as much as the rest of the album but when I hear it between Westbound Sign and Walking Contradiction I'm like...meh.

He's just trolling for a response like this :P 

I love tight wad hill - this verse is stellar.

Begging for another fix
Turning tricks for speedballs
One more night

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, St. Jonny said:

Oh, damn right!! Tight Wad Hill rules. Drugstore hooligan, another white trash mannequin, on display to rot up on the hill!! Fuckin amazing lyrics, love it.

So there @Jenn.

• Like 1

I thought I read that Tight Wad Hill was written about Dee Dee Ramone -  I think it was Punk's Not Dead.  Not sure though.

Tight Wad Hill is about a place Billie knows/went near his town where he grew up.

1 hour ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

Tight Wad Hill is about a place Billie knows/went near his town where he grew up.

I'm talking about the line turning tricks.

5 hours ago, Tinkle said:

So there @Jenn.

:ga: I know the significance of the song and I like the lyrics, just musically it doesn't flow for me as well as the other insomniac songs. I like singing the chorus though :D 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jenn. said:

Tight Wad Hill is officially my least favourite Insomniac song. I've been listening to the album on a loop over the last few days (because it's in my car CD player) and the temptation to skip is strongest for that song :lol: I don't hate it and can't even put my finger on why I don't like it as much as the rest of the album but when I hear it between Westbound Sign and Walking Contradiction I'm like...meh.

He's just trolling for a response like this :P 

Word. It's just the least interesting song on there I think, nothing really stands out about it.

I don't think he is and I agree with him. Nightlife with the sort of rap from sort of rapper Lady Cobra was a nice taster but a collab with a proper well respected rapper would be amazing. Ever since I heard them quoting classic gangsta rap lines in Like A Rat Does Cheese and saw Tre in an NWA hat I've hoped for it :D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Word. It's just the least interesting song on there I think, nothing really stands out about it.

I don't think he is and I agree with him. Nightlife with the sort of rap from sort of rapper Lady Cobra was a nice taster but a collab with a proper well respected rapper would be amazing. Ever since I heard them quoting classic gangsta rap lines in Like A Rat Does Cheese and saw Tre in an NWA hat I've hoped for it :D 

I really like the Basket Case mashup with Nelly - I wouldn't mind a re-recording like Jay Z and Linkin Park did. 

Tight Wad Hill is about drug dealers and shit. Making there rounds once again. Turning up empty handed. Bumming a ride, burning daylight, last up at dawn Tight Wad Hill. A thrillseeker making deals, sugar city urchin wasting time. Town of lunatics, begging for another fix, turning tricks for speedballs one more night. God those lyrics are magnificent and the song is just heavy as fuck!

4 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

Tight Wad Hill is about drug dealers and shit. Making there rounds once again. Turning up empty handed. Bumming a ride, burning daylight, last up at dawn Tight Wad Hill. A thrillseeker making deals, sugar city urchin wasting time. Town of lunatics, begging for another fix, turning tricks for speedballs one more night. God those lyrics are magnificent and the song is just heavy as fuck!

Word 👍

• Like 1

I like the Kerplunk-version of Welcome to Paradise better than the Dookie-version.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MMwhatsername said:

I like the Kerplunk-version of Welcome to Paradise better than the Dookie-version.

Yesss. The sound of it seems more fitting for the subject of the song, and it has the cool spooky noises in the instrumental part. The Dookie version does pack more of a punch but it's less interesting and too clean by comparison, I'll always prefer the weirder and rougher Kerplunk original.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, St. Jonny said:

Just an opinion. In mine, it tears it to pieces! Just can't take Blink very seriously, but that is just my opinion. Never hated them, and have owned a few albums, they just don't quite do it for me like Green Day.

Agree 100%

So I used to have an 'unpopular' opinion, but I've changed my mind.

I've said before that KYE should be after Bang Bang and Rev Rad, but having watched footage of my gig again, I actually like the KYE - Bang Bang - Rev Rad order. I think I probably went into my gig expecting to not like that order.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I've said before that KYE should be after Bang Bang and Rev Rad, but having watched footage of my gig again, I actually like the KYE - Bang Bang - Rev Rad order. I think probably went into my gig expecting to not like that order.

I agree, KYE is a great opener, it really gets everyone up and moving

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Whatsername_123 said:

I've said before that KYE should be after Bang Bang and Rev Rad, but having watched footage of my gig again, I actually like the KYE - Bang Bang - Rev Rad order. I think I probably went into my gig expecting to not like that order.

Same for me, I never expected that I'd change my mind on KYE as an opener, but since I experienced it I think it's great. 

I'd prefer a Rev Rad song as opener just on principle :lol:, but I agree KYE is great live (wherever in the set it is) so it's not a bad one.

• Like 1

True blue. I think he knew that would be an unpopular opinion, hence, posting it in here. :lol: To each his own, they are great too. Nobody writes more meaningful lyrics to me than Bille Joe, even on his worst day.

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic