Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

16 minutes ago, tacobellfan456 said:

IDK if this is unpopular but Walking Alone and Reject are awesome. I feel like the entire second half of Nimrod never gets talked about (Except for Good Riddance of course).

I don't think Nimrod is as good as people make it out to be but Reject is a great song. Walking Alone I don't think so though

16 minutes ago, tacobellfan456 said:

IDK if this is unpopular but Walking Alone and Reject are awesome. I feel like the entire second half of Nimrod never gets talked about (Except for Good Riddance of course).

I'm with you on this! Two of my favourites off Nimrod are Reject and Prosthetic Head!

• Like 4

Fuuckin' love Nimrod side B just as much as A. Jinx, Haushinka, Walking Alone and Reject are all terribly underrated badass tunes! Some of my favorites off Nimrod. Prosthetic Head isn't that much fun to play, but I love the lyrics and singing it.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, tacobellfan456 said:

I feel the same. Walking Alone is my favorite song lately. I love the lyrics and can relate to it. I love the harmonica too. It's just a great overall song, as is Jinks, Reject and the second half of Nimrod as you said. 

• Like 1

And this is where the Unpopular Opinions thread has landed: saying that Troublemaker is a top Green Day song. We have because a twisted, disjointed bunch.

In terms of the trilogy, I think Troublemaker is a good song! Catchy and fun with a nice guitar solo!! :lol:

• Like 1

Troublemaker is less worse than Nightlife and Lady Cobra. Those songs were awful even for FBHT-recasts. The second half of Nimrod is indeed seriously underrated and underplayed. It's always Nice Guys, Hitchin', Scattered or sometimes Redundant or All the Time. Jinx/Haushinka is just awesome.

My own unpopular opinion: Warning is overall a stronger album than Insomniac.

EDIT: I still want Take Back live. Do it guys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dakke said:

Troublemaker is less worse than Nightlife and Lady Cobra. Those songs were awful even for FBHT-recasts. The second half of Nimrod is indeed seriously underrated and underplayed. It's always Nice Guys, Hitchin', Scattered or sometimes Redundant or All the Time.

Wait, really? I feel like All the Time never gets talked about either. Knowing me I'm probably just missing something. :D 

4 hours ago, Dakke said:

The second half of Nimrod is indeed seriously underrated and underplayed. Jinx/Haushinka is just awesome.

Spot on! It's always amazed me how many tracks on Nimrod don't get the attention or praise they deserve. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dakke said:

Troublemaker is less worse than Nightlife and Lady Cobra. Those songs were awful even for FBHT-recasts. The second half of Nimrod is indeed seriously underrated and underplayed. It's always Nice Guys, Hitchin', Scattered or sometimes Redundant or All the Time. Jinx/Haushinka is just awesome.

My own unpopular opinion: Warning is overall a stronger album than Insomniac.

EDIT: I still want Take Back live. Do it guys.

I think Lady Cobra is an underrated track. People hate it or ignore it solely because of the name associated with it

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

I think Lady Cobra is an underrated track. People hate it or ignore it solely because of the name associated with it

I like Lady Cobra a lot. It's said to be a rip-off though. 

• Like 2

Wow just seeing the Troublemaker praise. As the official defender of that song, how nice :D 

Lady Cobra is awesome. Particularly enjoyed it live, really fun and catchy.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Lady Cobra is awesome. Particularly enjoyed it live, really fun and catchy.

I'd love to hear it live. And other trilogy songs as well. They are all better live. 

Let's all vote to have Brutal Love back in the set as some representation of the Trilogy on the upcoming tour. Maybe the guys will see and put it in. If enough people demand it, y'never know.

• Like 2

Yeah Brutal Love/Good Riddance is the greatest show closer of all time. I suppose that spot before Good Riddance is one of the most common times for them to pull out random/different songs too, so seems like there could be a reasonable chance of it one day.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Jake69 said:

Yeah, that won't happen. You can't force a band to play a certain song live.

You can't force them, but you can always ask/make suggestions to help them gauge what's popular.

• Like 3

Doesn't require a whole lot of rehearsal, it's still pretty fresh from the last tour. So there's a small chance at least.

7 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

Let's all vote to have Brutal Love back in the set as some representation of the Trilogy on the upcoming tour. Maybe the guys will see and put it in. If enough people demand it, y'never know.

There's quite a few "golden nuggets" (as I call them :D) from the Trilogy that I think would be great to hear live on the tour! e.g Brutal Love, Carpe Diem, Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Stop When the Red Lights Flash and Makeout Party (Mike's bass solo would be epic!!!) :lol:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

If they put ONE trilogy song back in the setlist I'd hope it was that one. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

There's quite a few "golden nuggets" (as I call them :D) from the Trilogy that I think would be great to hear live on the tour! e.g Brutal Love, Carpe Diem, Nuclear Family, Stay the Night, Dirty Rotten Bastards, Stop When the Red Lights Flash and Makeout Party (Mike's bass solo would be epic!!!) :lol:

I saw a few of the Trilogy shows and aside from Brutal Love I'd have to say Stray Heart was the best one that they played live. So let's not forget that one...

I love your list though- from the songs that I saw them play live, I'd say that I'd love to see the following (in order):

Brutal Love- one of their best

Stray Heart- great live and they have a lot of fun live while Mike plays that awesome bass line

Stay The Night- just a great, classic GD song

Carpe Diem- they played a half step down on their old guitars when I saw this (in the middle of a bunch of Dookie songs) and it sounded awesome,

SWTRLF- good energy live, although they have so many awesome live songs I wouldn't be too disappointed if they left this off

• Like 4

Still breaks my heart that Wow! Thats Loud never got played live (well, once. But not after the album was released).

• Like 1

Was watching the Wreck 'n' Roll DVD last night. Too bad the entire Irving Plaza show is not on it, a serious shame in fact, they gotta release that shit! What is on it is great and Nuclear Family is so killer live, that's one that doesn't take much time and rocks quite hard! The 21st Century Breakdown songs on the first half of the DVD are a lot of fun, especially Little Girl. Crowd sucks and Billie hits some really weird notes but a descent DVD none the less.

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic