Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

My least favorite is 21 Guns, come at me.

Lol I don't like 21 Guns either. I liked it at first but eh. It got old really fast.

My least favorite songs would probably have to be 21 Guns, Last of the American Girls, Nightlife, Waiting and Ashley. I don't hate the Trilogy at all, but Dos is far from my favorite. I have more songs I don't like on Dos than any other album by them, but I didn't feel like listing too many.

What's wrong with I Want To Be Alone ? :/

I don't dislike it but I don't think it's as good as the other songs on 1039/SOSH. It's very repetitive and Billie's voice is a bit whiny. On the plus side it does amuse me by making me think of this famous line whenever I hear it though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvHqUnRzh0s

Guess what?! I just made it through the Trilogy, one by one, front to back, not skipping one single song! YEAH! Probably for the first time. Even more - it supported my housework, and I really enjoyed it. Now the kitchen is clean and the floor as well. :runaround:

• Like 1

This :lol:, and not only that they must've been written when they were like 14 and it shows. I like them for the isn't it cool/cute to hear how their songwriting started out and what they sounded like recording on the spur of the moment on a tiny budget and turns out it wasn't bad factor, but I couldn't rate them above any of their other songs. Except maybe I Want To Be Alone.

What about Why Do You Want Him? I thought that was one of the first they wrote too, they just recorded it later.

I am also definitely pro hey-oh. For the record, I'm also pro heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

• Like 2

21 Guns is the whitest piece of music I've ever heard. Absolutely no groove to it whatsoever. It's just an incredibly robotic rehash of BOBD, which is why I don't like it. The solo is ok, but even that is lifted from the infinitely superior Give Me Novacaine.

• Like 1

21 Guns' biggest sin is that it's just boring. It's too clean, too polished, the lyrics are nonsensical (foreshadowing The Forgotten), it's just a really bland piece of music. Saying it's better live means nothing, every GD song with the exception of X Kid is better live.

What about Why Do You Want Him? I thought that was one of the first they wrote too, they just recorded it later.

I am also definitely pro hey-oh. For the record, I'm also pro heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey-ooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Yeah I've heard that was written early as well but I feel like the Sweet Children songs were probably written earlier judging by how good they are (I don't know if that's the case for sure but the lyrics seem less mature and I believe Billie has said Best Thing In Town was the first song he wrote for the band or something like that). In any case they're not as good as Why Do You Want Him. But that's pretty low down on my list too.

21 Guns' biggest sin is that it's just boring. It's too clean, too polished, the lyrics are nonsensical (foreshadowing The Forgotten), it's just a really bland piece of music. Saying it's better live means nothing, every GD song with the exception of X Kid is better live.

I find the music quite interesting especially with the cool eerie bit at the beginning and after the guitar solo, and the awesome build up to the guitar solo. And with the falsetto, doesn't seem remarkable now but when it came out we hadn't heard a lot of that from Billie before and it was quite striking. I think BOBD is better and more interesting but 21 Guns is decent too. But then again I also like The Forgotten :P

• Like 1

I´m not so sure about 21 Guns. Sometimes I like to hear it, sometimes I´m just pissed, because it´s so slow and tiring. So I think it depends on my mood. And I love, love, love Novacaine. Don´t know why, but I could melt into the sadness of this song...

Yeah I've heard that was written early as well but I feel like the Sweet Children songs were probably written earlier judging by how good they are (I don't know if that's the case for sure but the lyrics seem less mature and I believe Billie has said Best Thing In Town was the first song he wrote for the band or something like that). In any case they're not as good as Why Do You Want Him. But that's pretty low down on my list too.

I'd put WDYWH and the Sweet Chidren songs ahead of all the worst of the Trilogy, with WDYWH better than most of the average Trilogy songs as well (the Sweet Children songs beat a good amount of Dos too).

She is easily in my Top 5 Green Day songs of all time. Cannot understand anyone not rating it.

It's in my top 5 also. So is Waiting.

Guess what?! I just made it through the Trilogy, one by one, front to back, not skipping one single song! YEAH! Probably for the first time. Even more - it supported my housework, and I really enjoyed it. Now the kitchen is clean and the floor as well. :runaround:

If you need any help/support right now shoot me a PM

We're here for you

• Like 1

She is easily in my Top 5 Green Day songs of all time. Cannot understand anyone not rating it.

It´s not so new that you don´t understand people who don´t share your opinion. :P

• Like 1

If you need any help/support right now shoot me a PM

We're here for you

Thank you, I knew I could count on you!

My opinion is always right. Everyone should share it :P

You´re obviously not convincing enough that not everybody does. :)

My top 5 songs are probably:

- Stuart and the ave

- Going to pasalacqua

- Homecoming

- When I come around

- Deadbeat Holiday

The few green day songs I cannot stand are Amy, Nightlife and Christian's Inferno. There are more I dislike but those are def my hated ones :P

• Like 2

Why is Christian´s Inferno so disliked? It´s one of my favourites, I listen to it quite often. Maybe I love it just because of the beat, and maybe because of the kind of apocalyptic mood. Love it.

• Like 4

:cry: Some of these posts are making my heart hurt, but I suppose it's all a matter of personal taste. To me, 39 Smooth is way better than any track on the trilogy. Then again, it's my favorite album and reigns supreme in my eyes. Also, Sweet Children, Best Thing in Town and Strangeland are some of my favorites from Kerplunk! They have a character of their own. & I personally love the crappy production sound. :lol:

Why is Christian´s Inferno so disliked? It´s one of my favourites, I listen to it quite often. Maybe I love it just because of the beat, and maybe because of the kind of apocalyptic mood. Love it.

I dont like Christian's Inferno because I think it's disjointed. The verses are very angry and hard. Then the chorus is repetitive and childish. Its like what a song would sound like if they collaborated with The Wiggles

• Like 2

My top 5 songs are probably:

- Stuart and the ave

- Going to pasalacqua

- Homecoming

- When I come around

- Deadbeat Holiday

The few green day songs I cannot stand are Amy, Nightlife and Christian's Inferno. There are more I dislike but those are def my hated ones :P

Mine are:

5. Lazy Bones

4. Dry Ice

3. No One Knows

2. Armatage Shanks

1. Stuck With Me (Obviously)

But yeah, I agree with those little dishonorable mentions you put there.

I don't really like Brain Stew that much...

What's worse was they took a great Zepplin song and made it slow and boring

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic