Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Foxboro Hot Tubs and Pinhead Gunpowder are the best side projects.

This has made me try and work out whether I prefer Pinhead Gunpowder or The Frustrators, and it's one of the hardest questions I've ever had to think about.

This has made me try and work out whether I prefer Pinhead Gunpowder or The Frustrators, and it's one of the hardest questions I've ever had to think about.

It has to be Pinhead for me, can't beat Aaron's writing.

• Like 1

It has to be Pinhead for me, can't beat Aaron's writing.

I think they win, but not by much - I think part of it is simply that they've done a lot more than The Frustrators, so there's more to compare. And yeah, Aaron writes a good song (though I'm really not a fan of his vocals).

I think they win, but not by much - I think part of it is simply that they've done a lot more than The Frustrators, so there's more to compare. And yeah, Aaron writes a good song (though I'm really not a fan of his vocals).

I don't think he sings....but now I'm not sure :lol:. It's usually Billie or Jason and I can recognize their voices, isn't it band members other than Aaron singing at other times?

I don't think he sings....but now I'm not sure :lol:. It's usually Billie or Jason and I can recognize their voices, isn't it band members other than Aaron singing at other times?

I think he does a few songs on Jump Salty, but not much (I could be wrong, and I can't remember exactly what songs, but I think it was similar to some Crimpshrine I listened to).

You're all wrong, the Frustrators are the best and AAA alone is better than anything Green Day, Foxboro or The Network have ever done put together.

I think he does a few songs on Jump Salty, but not much (I could be wrong, and I can't remember exactly what songs, but I think it was similar to some Crimpshrine I listened to).

I just looked in the booklet and it does credit him with "drums and vocals" on there so I think you're right! He's also credited with that on Compulsive Disclosure (I'm thinking just for that little "Porch" song) but only for "drums" or "drums and lyrics" on the others. He's written that he can't sing/is awful at singing before which is why I assumed it was other band members but that description does fit some of the singing on that album and that song :P so I guess he didn't let that hold him back. But it's usually Billie or Jason singing and sometimes the others as well so it's not really enough to affect how much I like the singing in general.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that refuses to accept the X-Kid video?

I don't think it captured what the song was about at all. It's hard to explain, but the video that plays in my head when listening to this song is a lot darker, and more lonely.

I don't think it captured what the song was about at all. It's hard to explain, but the video that plays in my head when listening to this song is a lot darker, and more lonely.

Don't think there's an official video is there?

Wait, you're not talking about the official one, are you? 'Cause I'd hardly call that a video.

Don't think there's an official video is there?

There is!

• Like 2

I didn't say it was an official video, just a crummy choice of a "fan video" to showcase.

The nuclear family fanmade video was cute though.

It does sort of capture loneliness and not changing. A caset which is very outdated and the image of one thing on it's own never changing just repeating

Wait, you're not talking about the official one, are you? 'Cause I'd hardly call that a video.

There is!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdLYCjTACpQ

Not really a video lol

I wish there was a real video to it

• Like 1

It does sort of capture loneliness and not changing. A caset which is very outdated and the image of one thing on it's own never changing just repeating

You guys are just trying to throw me through a loop, right?
I'm talking about this one.

You guys are just trying to throw me through a loop, right?

I'm talking about this one.

I've never seen that one before :lol:

• Like 1

In drama queen the line "wet & wreckless" is more contraversial than "old enough to bleed".

it is controversial, but the thing is that guitar in this song is quite good, that just sorts out the problem

I always had a feeling that drama queen was about a prostitute that he felt bad for :confused:
But I highly doubt it is

I love X Kid. It's such a good song. I always feel sad when I listen to it but I can relate to what its saying too.

Edited by unextraodinarygirl

Currently on a Green Day high and basically in love with every single song they've ever made. Including Nightlife, Amy, Drama Queen, and all of Dos.

Sue me.

Currently on a Green Day high and basically in love with every single song they've ever made. Including Nightlife, Amy, Drama Queen, and all of Dos.

Sue me.

How can you not love Amy the whole time?

• lizziebix featured this topic