Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Do you know your Anakin?

Do you know your Anakin?

Well gotta know your Anakin, Darth Maul!

Well fear, it leads to much anger, oh-ay-oh-ay-oh,

Anger will hatred incur, oh-ay-oh-ay-oh,

Hatred causes suffering, oh-ay-oh-ay-oh,

Suffering comes from prequels, so GIVE ME GIVE ME LAWRENCE KASDAN

• Like 4

Well fear, it leads to much anger, oh-ay-oh-ay-oh,

Anger will hatred incur, oh-ay-oh-ay-oh,

Hatred causes suffering, oh-ay-oh-ay-oh,

Suffering comes from prequels, so GIVE ME GIVE ME LAWRENCE KASDAN

Can't anger lead to fear, and fear lead to suffering, and suffering lead to hatred?

• Like 1

Can't anger lead to fear, and fear lead to suffering, and suffering lead to hatred?

Yes, but George Lucas doesn't seem to realize this. :P

• Like 1

https:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SvhLaHRvUs

How I hate this dumb "Gregorianied" pop-fuck-shit... Gregorian chants are so brilliant, but these shitty popfuckshit rip-offs piss me off... :sick::fuckyou::thumbsdown:

I really don't connect with the story of American Idiot. I don't know why - I guess it's just not my thing. But I just don't get the story itself and I have no interest in the characters at all really.

But I think it's a mark of the brilliance of the album that even for me, somone who has no interest in the story, it's still my favourite album, solely coz of the music. I don't even know why really. Technically speaking, it's not difficult to play (none of their stuff is), but there is just something about the overall writing, music and production which blows all of their other music out of the water.

But as for the story? Yeah I just tend to ignore that.

• Like 1

I really don't connect with the story of American Idiot. I don't know why - I guess it's just not my thing. But I just don't get the story itself and I have no interest in the characters at all really.

But I think it's a mark of the brilliance of the album that even for me, somone who has no interest in the story, it's still my favourite album, solely coz of the music. I don't even know why really. Technically speaking, it's not difficult to play (none of their stuff is), but there is just something about the overall writing, music and production which blows all of their other music out of the water.

But as for the story? Yeah I just tend to ignore that.

Come to think of it I actually agree with this. They're great songs, it's a great album with extremely good lyrics, but I prefer to take each song in isolation because they're all meaningful regardless of any link to the supposed story, so I don't even feel like I'm losing out by not caring for the story. It's just a different way of interpreting the whole thing, which is what the band want people to do with their music anyway.

So how nerdy am I if I found that chant cover absolutely fucking amazing? <3

I'm ashamed at how long it took me to understand what that gif meant... :cry:

• Like 3

I'll keep my gifs more low-brow from now on, wouldn't want to stretch the country girl's brain too much :ga:

I'll keep my gifs more low-brow from now on, wouldn't want to stretch the country girl's brain too much :ga:

Country girl? In the last thread I posted in I just got done saying I was scared because I heard a coyote for the first time last week. :lol:

Country girl? In the last thread I posted in I just got done saying I was scared because I heard a coyote for the first time last week. :lol:

:lol: You'll learn. Are coyotes even scary? Aren't they just like bulky foxes?

:lol: You'll learn. Are coyotes even scary? Aren't they just like bulky foxes?

Doesn't look like something I'd want to find in my backyard...

coyote2.jpg

Come to think of it I actually agree with this. They're great songs, it's a great album with extremely good lyrics, but I prefer to take each song in isolation because they're all meaningful regardless of any link to the supposed story, so I don't even feel like I'm losing out by not caring for the story. It's just a different way of interpreting the whole thing, which is what the band want people to do with their music anyway.

I'd have to agree with this as well, I just can't really follow it...doesn't mean I don't love it all the same.

• Like 1

That makes two of us. ;) But when my slow, fucked up mind found out there was a big LOL on my dumb face.

• Like 1

Indeed. :happy:

This is nothing—I first discovered Green Day through a trailer for a Star Wars fanfilm, no less.

Hah. I got to Green Day via Weird Al and Yugioh Abridged. Guess we could pull off a 'Who's the dorkier?'-type of competition here, but on second thought, no.

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic