Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

This forum has made me dislike/caused indifference on a lot of the Trilogy, but it will have to pry my love for Fell For You out of my cold, dead hands tbh.

OK, good, I wasn't sure if we were still on the same page concerning our love for that one. :happy:

I also don't like Longview that much, it's kind of boring.

You are only the second person in the universe to say that.
  • Like 2

Did you delete nightlife? haha

Nightlife, Amy, Makeout Party, Ashley, and Baby Eyes. I kept the Demolicious versions of the last 3 though.

Nightlife, Amy, Makeout Party, Ashley, and Baby Eyes. I kept the Demolicious versions of the last 3 though.

You didn't delete Lazy Bones. It's a bright side.

I think the "future genaration" of fans will judge the Trilogy differently than we do now. The whole situation is analogical to Warning - disappointed fans used to bash the album back then almost as much as we bash the Trilogy now, but a lot of post-warning fans like the album. It's usually considered underrated, overlooked etc. A lot of people wonder why it was so unsuccessfull. Fans who weren't around in 2000 weren't affected with the atmosphere and the general bad mood - we didn't "see it" flop, I could listen to the album without prejudice from the first time, there was nobody to tell me how terrible it was. I think I'm not the only one who actually could enjoy Warning and make his own opinion about it thanks to the interval between the release of the album and the year we heard it for the first time. I think if I'd heard Warning when it came out I would have been disappointed. It's never been that new shitty album for me so I never needed to think about it from the same point of view as I do about the Trilogy. But if Warning was released in 2012 instead of the Trilogy I would be disappointed and most of us would hate on it as much as people did back then.

Another reason why post-warning fans usually don't mind the album being different is that a lot of us already knew "what happened next" when we discovered Warning. We were sure Green Day weren't going to turn into a weird folkrockpunkpopreaggaecountry band and play pipes. Warning is an interesting piece in their catalogue, but it's much better when you are sure that American Idiot actually came out and Billie lost weight.

Objectively, the Trilogy is much worse than Warning. No one can unhear the production, lyrics, tambourine, and tons of other faults, but I don't think it will be such a big deal in, say 2020. I doubt anyone will give a damn if the next album is decent. In context of their career it's not such a huge thing anyway.

To be honest I doubt my friends who aren't Green Day fans even spotted they released an album in 2012. :D

• Like 3

I don't think Warning was ever bashed or looked down upon, it just wasn't as successful as their other albums. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I wasn't on the internet when Warning came out

I don't think Warning was ever bashed or looked down upon, it just wasn't as successful as their other albums. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I wasn't on the internet when Warning came out

I wasn't in gda I was on various boards back in Warning era I don't remember it being liked at first but the boards wasn't a green day board it was a all artists type setting

I always thought it was, since it was pretty unsuccessfull it sort of makes sense... Obviously I don't remember it personally and can't recall who told me so.

The Trilogy is far superior to Warning, which is a snooze fest.

Damn I was about to call you Seagull...

I thought it was seagull did he hack your account?

Oh no he didn't.

Can you check to see if Seagull hacked his account or if Seagull and Lukie are the same person...

• Like 2

but it's much better when you are sure that American Idiot actually came out and Billie lost weight.

You can judge a book by its cover.

• lizziebix featured this topic