Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

St. Jimmy is the song that made me want to play guitar. Oddly enough, I haven't even tried to learn it. :lol:

It's the first rock song I learned for piano precisely because of what Ceadog just said. :lol:

It's the first rock song I learned for piano precisely because of what Ceadog just said. :lol:

Congratulations, you can also play Blitzkrieg Bop. And Welcome To Paradise if you play it backwards.

• Like 1

Congratulations, you can also play Blitzkrieg Bop. And Welcome To Paradise if you play it backwards.

And God Save The Queen. Not the shit version.

Oh and basically half of all of Green Day's songs ever if you throw in a G chord every now and then.

• Like 1

Oh and basically half of all of Green Day's songs ever if you throw in a G chord every now and then.

You're getting a bit complex now.

• Like 1

A. D. E.

You can now play it.

Don't forget the 6-note solo. It's a damn complicated song.

A. D. E.

You can now play it.

Thank you.

There's piano in that song?

I can play both of them! Welcome to Paradise is actually a half-step down. :P

Don't forget the 6-note solo. It's a damn complicated song.

dont h8

I know.

edge.jpg

great googly moogly you didn't

Nope, I arranged the guitar chords and the vocal melody for piano.

Can you record it for me to hear?

So apparently it's an unpopular opinion but I fucking love how fast they play St. Jimmy now. I've always loved really fast punk songs like that and I think it sounds awesome.

• Like 2

Not in the slightest. I dunno, I'm a sucker for melody and that one just doesn't appeal to me. It was my favourite song on AI when it first came out, but it wore thin faster than any other track on there.

I swear to god i could've written this post.

I love the ending of the song. The beginning isn't bad but it doesn't do much for me. Not worth the spot on the set list.

I don't even know why they'd want to play St Jimmy. The ending is good but before that it's pretty weak.

Because Billie gets to run around the stage being his badass alter ego! He clearly loves and relishes playing that role. It's probably quite fun for all the band to play a song really fast too.

• Like 1

I thought that Jason White being boring and average was the most popular opinion on GDC. I even started a GDC meme about it.

I don't think I've seen that meme :P

I don't think I've seen that meme :P

There's a small handful of people who've been stating that opinion about him and making jokes based on it for the last few months on GDC, not sure it qualifies as a meme or even a real opinion in most cases.

Jason White jokes are hilarious, okay.

Some of them are :P. Wouldn't call them a genuine indication of GDC's collective opinion of Jason White though.

I listened to St. Jimmy from Irving Plaza and BIAB and WOAH. It sounds so much better slow. Plus, his voice is fab in BIAB. :wub:

• Like 1

I listened to St. Jimmy from Irving Plaza and BIAB and WOAH. It sounds so much better slow. Plus, his voice is fab in BIAB. :wub:

I think Brain Stew is his best vocal on there. :wub: I'm in the minority in preferring is BIAB vocals to his AAF vocals.

• lizziebix featured this topic