Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

I would like to take a moment just to say that whoever things Dos is terrible has to be a dumb person. I know that's rude, but sadly, it's true. Lazy Bones, Stray Heart, Lady Cobra, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, and Amy are some of the best songs on the entire trilogy. I even like Fuck Time. I'm so happy we got a studio version of that song. I agree it would have been better as a FBHT song, but I still love it. Because of the aforementioned songs, Dos is easily the best album of the trilogy. All those songs have a much better rock n roll vibe and beat to them than anything else in the trilogy (with a couple exceptions), and I love that Green Day way more than the generic Green Day with songs like Oh Love.

Come on, this is an amazing song. I hope to see it live.

To me Dos just doesn't feel cohesive as an album it feels they had songs and just randomly threw songs together the songs themselves aren't bad

To me Dos just doesn't feel cohesive as an album it feels they had songs and just randomly threw songs together the songs themselves aren't bad

That's true of the entire trilogy. Me liking Dos is all because I like more songs on there than the other albums. Each has their own few gems. I'd rather have several songs I really like rather than 12 cohesive songs that I think are mostly mediocre.

• Like 1

I'd rather have several songs I really like rather than 12 cohesive songs that I think are mostly mediocre.

I was about to say I agree with that until I remembered how much I love 21st Century Breakdown.

Great compared to modern pop shit? Definitely. Great compared to other Green Day albums? No way!

Great compared to modern pop shit? Definitely. Great compared to other Green Day albums? No way!

Y'know, it'd be really fantastic if one of these days you actually gave us a reason as to why's that's true that doesn't rely on "true fan" nonsense.

• Like 3

Backtracking.

I think Dos is cohesive. It explores the idea of indulging in some mid life crisis partying and wildness, with a bit of reflection about it/agonizing over it in between, and then the bad consequences of taking things too far at the end. And it has a retro/garagy sound tying it together musically.

• Like 2

Listening to Dos is like watching your married 40 year old uncle getting shitfaced at a wedding and dancing on a table with a 20 year old bridesmaid to a Robin Thicke song.

I would like to take a moment just to say that whoever things Dos is terrible has to be a dumb person. I know that's rude, but sadly, it's true. Lazy Bones, Stray Heart, Lady Cobra, Stop When The Red Lights Flash, and Amy are some of the best songs on the entire trilogy. I even like Fuck Time. I'm so happy we got a studio version of that song. I agree it would have been better as a FBHT song, but I still love it. Because of the aforementioned songs, Dos is easily the best album of the trilogy. All those songs have a much better rock n roll vibe and beat to them than anything else in the trilogy (with a couple exceptions), and I love that Green Day way more than the generic Green Day with songs like Oh Love.

Come on, this is an amazing song. I hope to see it live.

Has this been boiling for quite some time? :P I don't think a day goes by without Dos being trashed in this thread

Listening to Dos is like watching your married 40 year old uncle getting shitfaced at a wedding and dancing on a table with a 20 year old bridesmaid to a Robin Thicke song.

*slow clap*

i'm sorry, i have to do a list

1. american idiot

2. insomniac

3. nimrod

4. 21st century breakdown

5. dookie

6. shenanigans

7. warning

and the rest i really do not care or know enough about to put in a list. it's honestly not that i think they're that bad, i just can't get into them enough to hear them subjectively and form a positive opinion. i could probably find it in me to enjoy the trilogy; i honestly just would rather do other things with my time :P

• Like 2

That's true of the entire trilogy. Me liking Dos is all because I like more songs on there than the other albums. Each has their own few gems. I'd rather have several songs I really like rather than 12 cohesive songs that I think are mostly mediocre.

And I agree with that

This post changed me.

Dos really is pretty cohesive though. More so than Uno or Tre IMO.

It's pretty consistently sleazy, I'll give you that.

Yes! Exactly. And it's wonderful.

I'll take respectful-of-women Billie over let's-have-sex-with-everything-that-moves Billie, but to each his/her own. :P

• Like 1

In the most ironic way possible, I find Longview to be a motivational song

How?

I'll take respectful-of-women Billie over let's-have-sex-with-everything-that-moves Billie, but to each his/her own. :P

I think there's only one Billie. Dos just shows off some of his dark fantasy/mid-life crisis feelings. I like how honest and raw those feelings are, I wouldn't consider it disrespectful to anyone.

• Like 1

Yeah, if Dos has anything, it is cohesiveness. Or at least, more cohesiveness than Uno or Tre. It's still easily the equal shittiest album Greem Day has done, along with Uno.

The best song on it is Lazy Bones, which is probably one of my all-time favourite Green Day songs.

• Like 1

1. American Idiot

2. Dookie

3. Kerplunk

4. Insomniac

5. Nimrod

6. Warning

7. 21st CB

8. Tre

9. Dos

10. Uno

11. SOSH

And if you think SOSH is the best green day album it is clearly because you haven't overplayed it like crazy like with Dookie. Dookie has to be at least in the top 3.

I still don't get why Stray Heart is on Dos, isn't the song pretty much about cheating on someone and wishing you could have them back. Much better on Tre.

• Like 1

• lizziebix featured this topic