Blasphemy & Genocide: Unpopular Green Day Opinions, Part 2

Spike

Lars Ulrich should replace Tre

Hello Alien, Tre is the hero, he's a badass drummer, godfather of sir Billie Joe ( some sources say), and don't forget. No man can eat 50 eggs!!

• Like 1

Hello Alien, Tre is the hero, he's a badass drummer, godfather of sir Billie Joe ( some sources say), and don't forget. No man can eat 50 eggs!!

I don't think you guys understand sarcasm. Of course Lars shouldnt replace Tre :lol:

I don't think you guys understand sarcasm. Of course Lars shouldnt replace Tre :lol:

for then, justin bieber should replace Billie Joe :D:P

• Like 1

Lars Ulrich should replace Tre

Sure, then let Robert Trujillo takes Mike Dirnt's place.

for then, justin bieber should replace Billie Joe :D:P

NO THIS IS NOT EVEN SARCASM HELL NO NO JUST NO AND NO.

• Like 1

So, you basically admit that troublemaker and nightlife are worse songs than state of shock but yet you like them better? State of shock is as good a b-side as maria, poprocks and coke, and hearts collide. I don't really think it tries to be more than that. In fact that was kinda the point of the song. Turns back the clock a bit. I enjoy songs like that more than almost everything from the trilogy or 21 CB.

Quite the opposite, actually. Troublemaker and Nightlife are better songs than State of Shock. I just don't like them very much. Actually, fuck y'all, I like Troublemaker quite a lot. But anyway. Purely by virtue of being creative and trying something new, I consider them to be better additions to the trilogy than State of Shock (not technically part of the trilogy, but you get my point regardless), even if I don't actually enjoy listening to them much.

When a band's been around this long, creativity and the ability to try new things is incredibly important, possibly more important than anything else. With a few important exceptions, I'd rather a band release a bad album that at least was trying something new instead of rehashing the same formula over and over with no evolution. I respect that most people probably feel differently, but yeah.

• Like 4

Yeah at least Troublemaker's riff is a bit different. I'll give it that.

• Like 1

Yeah at least Troublemaker's riff is a bit different. I'll give it that.

Not to mention the vocal stylings aren't really like the way Billie's sung any songs in the past.

I hate to beat a dead horse but it's weird how I've only recently come to realise, Green Day should have completely gone all out on the trilogy. With that freedom of 3 records they should have done much experimental and creative things. Different structures, instrumentation, genres. I get that they were going for a back to basic sound but that could have been achieved through one album.

Just, just yes.

21st Century Breakdown achieves much more in one album than the trilogy did with three.

And you lost me. American Idiot was the real groundbreaker, imo.

• Like 3

Not to mention the vocal stylings aren't really like the way Billie's sung any songs in the past.

Just, just yes.

And you lost me. American Idiot was the real groundbreaker, imo.

it was, but 21st century breakdown is more musically 'daring'

it was, but 21st century breakdown is more musically 'daring'

Purely musically, maybe, but overall, AI is a complete departure from everything they'd done before. 21CB just continued to experiment with that format. So in terms of their overall career, I think AI was far more important than 21CB was.

• Like 3

AI is standard GD music wise...

21st is so far different

standard GD music is 1039 smooth and slappy hours... that's classic Green Day, and nearly in every album they change their sound, so we cannot say which is a proper GD sound!!

AI is standard GD music wise...

How can you POSSIBLY say that? Like, that's not even a subjective thing, it's just not true. The production, the musical structures, the lyrics; everything about it is so far removed from anything they'd ever done before.

How can you POSSIBLY say that? Like, that's not even a subjective thing, it's just not true. The production, the musical structures, the lyrics; everything about it is so far removed from anything they'd ever done before.

The production is the same as all the others... 21st is their first radically different production album they've done... That's not even debatable AI is your standard Rob Cavallo produced album zero difference between AI's production to Nimrod or Dookie for for that matter...

The music itself is no different than past albums with the exception of JoS and Homecoming...

Ok lyrically they matured than the previous albums I'll give you...

But to say 21st is simply a follow up is very wrong escp on the production part...

standard GD music is 1039 smooth and slappy hours... that's classic Green Day, and nearly in every album they change their sound, so we cannot say which is a proper GD sound!!

Joking right?

• Like 1

standard means Billie Joe on on Guitar/Vocals, Mike on Base Guitar/backing vocal.. Tre Cool on Drums.. Jason on Rhythm/lead Guitar.... jason freeze on Keyboards (sorry if get that spelling wrong) .. and F- the world, we're playing what we've been playing for years!!!

The production is the same as all the others... 21st is their first radically different production album they've done... That's not even debatable AI is your standard Rob Cavallo produced album

Joking right?

how'd you know that ????? o.O

How I know what the standard Rob Cavallo part or the reply to your GD has no standard sound?

GD had a standard style up til Warning they changed starting from Warning than to AI and going full fledge with 21st...

As far as the production well Cavallo doesn't really change what he does if you study his records he produces they don't changed much sound wise if you're into production and start studying producers you will pick up styles etc

To say American Idiot has similar production values to anything prior to it is just wrong. It may be comparable to Nimrod in some ways at a push, but everything is so much more hi-fi sounding, straight up balls out rock. It might be considered "standard Rob Cavallo" these days but for Green Day it was a departure. The songwriting didn't change a great deal, it was just a lot more focused and stylistically consistent. It's the production that really sets it apart, as their sound got so much bigger.

• Like 3

To say American Idiot has similar production values to anything prior to it is just wrong. It may be comparable to Nimrod in some ways at a push, but everything is so much more hi-fi sounding, straight up balls out rock. It might be considered "standard Rob Cavallo" these days but for Green Day it was a departure. The songwriting didn't change a great deal, it was just a lot more focused and stylistically consistent. It's the production that really sets it apart, as their sound got so much bigger.

Sound got bigger yes but the actual production itself was set up the way Cavallo liked

There was a little bit of experimentation in terms of style on the Trilogy. Bear in mind that it included ballads, rap, garage rock, punk, stadium rock and more straight forward punk rock. But I wish they'd been more experimental in terms of sound, production, arrangement and songwriting, different guitar/drum sounds etc.

standard means Billie Joe on on Guitar/Vocals, Mike on Base Guitar/backing vocal.. Tre Cool on Drums.. Jason on Rhythm/lead Guitar.... jason freeze on Keyboards (sorry if get that spelling wrong) .. and F- the world, we're playing what we've been playing for years!!!

If that' standard, then how is any Green Day album standard? Jason Freese doesn't appear on any studio album, and The other Jason only recorded for the trilogy. 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours only has Billie, Mike, John, and also Aaron Cometbus on Knowledge. This is a thread for opinions, not lame attempts at jokes.

Also, if these opinions are so "unpopular", why do they get so many likes? This is pretty much a rep factory here :P

• Like 1

As far as the production well Cavallo doesn't really change what he does if you study his records he produces they don't changed much sound wise if you're into production and start studying producers you will pick up styles etc

WOW, That's Loud... then what happened with Uno, Dos and Tre??, was that not produced by Rob uncle, or he was way too busy?

Also, if these opinions are so "unpopular", why do they get so many likes? This is pretty much a rep factory here :P

The never-ending paradox of the Unpopular Opinions thread. I constantly struggle over it.

If that' standard, then how is any Green Day album standard? Jason Freese doesn't appear on any studio album, and The other Jason only recorded for the trilogy. 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours only has Billie, Mike, John, and also Aaron Cometbus on Knowledge. This is a thread for opinions, not lame attempts at jokes.

Chill, Chill. god it's turning out to be another world war!! :P

• lizziebix featured this topic