Did Green Day Change The World?

xxPistolxx

Billie's rewritten punk a few times.

Yes but they have not changed the music industry or how it operates... no band has

Tell me what format did GD force the music industry to switch to?

Tell me how GD signing to Reprise made labels differate on how they signed other bands?

They've influenced a genre of music to be more popular within the industry (which can be debated at that) but they havent made an entire industry change at all

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes but they have not changed the music industry or how it operates... no band has

Tell me what format did GD force the music industry to switch to?

Tell me how GD signing to Reprise made labels differate on how they signed other bands?

They've influenced a genre of music to be more popular within the industry (which can be debated at that) but they havent made an entire industry change at all

They've certainly changed how people view punk music. Billie put it in the mainstream with Dookie, and again with American Idiot.

They've certainly changed how people view punk music. Billie put it in the mainstream with Dookie, and again with American Idiot.

Debatable some call Nirvana a punk band hell they stared in a 1992 movie called 1991 The Year Punk Broke... if Nirvana can be considered punk (as they are not grunge...) then Nevermind would be the break out (as Dookie nor AI has out sold Nevermind)

But they still didnt change the music industry...

Debatable some call Nirvana a punk band hell they stared in a 1992 movie called 1991 The Year Punk Broke... if Nirvana can be considered punk (as they are not grunge...) then Nevermind would be the break out (as Dookie nor AI has out sold Nevermind)

But they still didnt change the music industry...

I'd consider Nirvana more grunge than punk.

I'd consider Nirvana more grunge than punk.

Nirvana is very far from grunge

Grunge is very slow very heavy its slowed down metal pretty much

Closet Nirvana ever got to that was Bleach and that was one song...

Grunge isn't really a genre. It's more of a label or way of packaging bands from Seattle in the early 90s. Bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in chains etc. Nirvana were basically a punk rock band and even Kurt thought they were.

Papercuts?

Grunge isn't really a genre. It's more of a label or way of packaging bands from Seattle in the early 90s. Bands like Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in chains etc. Nirvana were basically a punk rock band and even Kurt thought they were.

Papercuts?

Yeah couldnt think of the name I dont care for the song

If yoy want to hear grunge listen to TAD and early Melvin's

I believe everybody changes the world just a little.

So for Green Day who touched the lives of many...

What genre is Nirvana then?

What genre is Nirvana then?

They arent grunge nor alternative rock or heavy rock

Alot and even Kurt said they were a punk band which im not all too jumpy on that they had alot of punk ethics but I dont know if that makes the music punk...

Does it even matter how a band's style is labelled? Nirvana sound like Nirvana, Green Day sound like Green Day, they both have a wide range of influences and neither are quite punk.

You definitely changed some lives when you came here, but I'm not sure if that was for the positive. :P

I heard that people were screaming when leaving GDC. It's nice to think that I can change the world lol.

Does it even matter how a band's style is labelled? Nirvana sound like Nirvana, Green Day sound like Green Day, they both have a wide range of influences and neither are quite punk.

to be honest, I hate genres. It labels a band and when they do anything slightly different, everyone goes crazy and says theyre sellouts. Pisses me off

Hey everyone. So in english class this term, we have to choose someone who has changed the world, and talk about him/her. Someone like Nelson Mandela or Gandhi or whatever. But i want to choose Billie, or Green Day in whole, and i want to know your opinions about this subject.

Do you think Green Day contributed in changing the world? If so, how? and why?

Less personal, more informative please.

So yea, and i hope you guys like this topic. If not, mods can do whatever they want.

Billie Joe has changed my life more personally than Nelson Mandela has.

Archived