Random Musician Thoughts

Spike

4 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

So, things went pretty much allright on Tuesday, but on Friday I got fucking screwed again. We set Monday as a practice day - I leave the Monday afternoon free for that every week and usually come at the girl's place even though the journey home takes me an hour. She can't practice the next Monday because she absolutely has to (!) hang out with a friend she goes to school with. As we need to practice (there's a competition ahead of us in May) and I have no time for the rest of the week, I got pushed into practicing in the Tuesday afternoon, which means I'll spend 13 hours either sitting at school or running around the city withought a lunch break. Just great. I'm so angry I could cry. I always end up doing things like that because of stupid shit like this. She always gets soo passive aggressive at me that I surrender. Fuck this. I'm so dumb.

For fuck's sake she's an utter dick. Save all that anger until Tuesday and tell her on no uncertain terms that you're pissed as fuck and she can't do this shit, if she gets passive-aggressive then you get actually aggressive.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Libertine Angel said:

For fuck's sake she's an utter dick. Save all that anger until Tuesday and tell her on no uncertain terms that you're pissed as fuck and she can't do this shit, if she gets passive-aggressive then you get actually aggressive.

I WISH! 

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

I WISH! 

What can she do if you go through with it? She brought it on herself.

4 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

What can she do if you go through with it? She brought it on herself.

You're right. She takes advantage of my letting her be a dick basically. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2016 at 2:04 AM, JJ1964 said:

Fellow females, this is ugly as shit, but I still want to give it a try.  

http://nerdist.com/st-vincent-ernie-ball-guitar-for-women/

I was going through this thread and found this :lol:

Have you tried it? To me it looks like most part of this is marketing. Of course I prefer guitars that aren't heavy and have smaller necks but I think it's not a problem to find ones that fit. At least I never thought I needed a boob cutaway.

12 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I was going through this thread and found this :lol:

Have you tried it? To me it looks like most part of this is marketing. Of course I prefer guitars that aren't heavy and have smaller necks but I think it's not a problem to find ones that fit. At least I never thought I needed a boob cutaway.

I've had 3 kids, I need a boob cutaway  :lol:.  No, I haven't tried it, it is a special order item

• 2 weeks later...

I think the St. Vincent signature guitar is an absolute work of art. Gorgeous to no end, and so refreshing to see a signature that's more than a pretty paint job. On the note of "random musician thoughts", I got in here to post my random thought today while writing on the Jaguar.
"Am I writing a lot because I'm really good at this, or am I just getting lazy and hearing strong progressions in worn out chords?"
That's my musician thought for the day, but I coincidentally post a ton on twitter throughout the week.

a spirit (me) rises to deliver a message (this) from the mountains. will you listen?

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Jane Lannister said:

What the hell is this supposed to be good for.

http://theintuitivemusician.com/

but looking at his lists of musicians he considers related by their...well what? four letters? is kind of interesting.

Marketing company needs your email for the result and the "about" section sounds like self-aggrandising wank, I'm calling bullshit.

1 hour ago, Libertine Angel said:

Marketing company needs your email for the result and the "about" section sounds like self-aggrandising wank, I'm calling bullshit.

I agree, what's most ridiculous is the fact that the guy keeps saying it should somehow help you improve but never mentions how :P

• 1 month later...

*sigh* i wish i could get my music out there but i don't know where to start. This isn't even a joke I'm rapping up writing a concept album and its taken me over a year, and I'm still not completely done with it. I'm being such a perfectionist, when i shouldn't be.

Sorry for the rant lol

10 minutes ago, zeldachick14 said:

*sigh* i wish i could get my music out there but i don't know where to start. This isn't even a joke I'm rapping up writing a concept album and its taken me over a year, and I'm still not completely done with it. I'm being such a perfectionist, when i shouldn't be.

Sorry for the rant lol

What is it about? 

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

What is it about? 

It's kinda like pink floyd's "The Wall" mixed with "American Idiot" without the politics. It's a love story, and the beginning of it takes place in the past and the rest is in the present. In the past the guy and the girl are in love and he's in a band and then they get seperated etc. And then the present he's become a successful musician and they run into eachother again and it's kind of about the bumps in the road along the way. Kinda cheesy lol.

3 hours ago, zeldachick14 said:

It's kinda like pink floyd's "The Wall" mixed with "American Idiot" without the politics. It's a love story, and the beginning of it takes place in the past and the rest is in the present. In the past the guy and the girl are in love and he's in a band and then they get seperated etc. And then the present he's become a successful musician and they run into eachother again and it's kind of about the bumps in the road along the way. Kinda cheesy lol.

I'd love to hear it :)

I was planning to start a project for fun this summer in which I would take some of my favorite songs and try to write out flute sheet music for them, but I never got around to doing it. Huh. 

• 1 month later...

Been checking out some different cover artists on Youtube and right now my favorite is Matt Krumins. 

• 1 month later...

1 more song to write and then my own concept album is complete! :ga:

On 9/30/2016 at 11:53 AM, 21guns&novacaine said:

Been checking out some different cover artists on Youtube and right now my favorite is Matt Krumins. 

That is a goooood looking guy :toocool:

7 hours ago, zeldachick14 said:

That is a goooood looking guy :toocool:

Indeed he is haha :lol: 

• 4 weeks later...

So, I was just thinking, the music I write has changed A LOT over time. Back in 2013/2014, it was way more hardcore punk influenced, but now I write more alternative rock-type stuff. I'm still heavily influenced by punk, especially bands like the Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys, Crimpshrine, Screeching Weasel ect, but now I'd say alternative rock is my main influence. Bands like Nirvana, Husker Du, The Pixies, Dinosaur Jr, R.E.M, The Cure, ect.

Just for the hell of it, here's a list of the 50 most influential albums to my music. It goes from most to least influential: https://rateyourmusic.com/list/Minigun/top-50-influential-albums/

• Fuzz unpinned this topic

Archived