Green Day Instagram Photos

Liam

13 minutes ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

And THAT'S why you disable comments. 

For some reason I think it's stupid when people do that. I just feel bad about it - like that person isn't able to handle disagreement. 

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Yeah, although sometimes he likes to have discussions and that's cool. I can see the logic in disabling comments but can also see the logic in either posting something and allowing discussion or not posting it (even if he can sometimes change his mind about whether he'd prefer to post it or not lol), might not like the idea of just broadcasting his opinions without letting people answer them.

Disabling comments on IG is better than posting then deleting something as it ends up on Facebook where idiots are still going to leave stupid comments. Anyway he felt strongly enough to post it in the first place and shouldn't be afraid of what people might think of his opinion. He's on the right side of social justice and has always spoken openly about how he feels about issues that are depressingly taking centre stage in politics and, as a result, daily life right now. He shouldn't feel the need to neuter his comments and if he doesn't want to listen to a bunch of people call him a "faggot" he can just disable the inevitable asshole comments. 

8 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

For some reason I think it's stupid when people do that. I just feel bad about it - like that person isn't able to handle disagreement. 

He has disabled comments before on his picture after Trump won. 

I think the reason for deletion lies more with the idea of not contributing to the spread of hate speech, which he's said before on instagram as a reason to not post or to take something down.

2 minutes ago, jumpsalty said:

I think the reason for deletion lies more with the idea of not contributing to the spread of hate speech, which he's said before on instagram as a reason to not post or to take something down.

"Make America white again" complete with a swastika would generally be considered hate speech but he didn't delete this. 

1 hour ago, Hero_Of_The_Hour said:

Disabling comments on IG is better than posting then deleting something as it ends up on Facebook where idiots are still going to leave stupid comments. Anyway he felt strongly enough to post it in the first place and shouldn't be afraid of what people might think of his opinion. He's on the right side of social justice and has always spoken openly about how he feels about issues that are depressingly taking centre stage in politics and, as a result, daily life right now. He shouldn't feel the need to neuter his comments and if he doesn't want to listen to a bunch of people call him a "faggot" he can just disable the inevitable asshole comments. 

He has disabled comments before on his picture after Trump won. 

I don't know if it's because of what people might think so much as he just doesn't always feel like reading that shit and being depressed by it :lol:. I think the posts he does leave up show he doesn't mind if people disagree, just sometimes he decides he can't be bothered with it. From his comments about "fuck Trump" chants at shows I think he's kind of conflicted about it, on the one hand he wants to speak up but on the other it's a shame for everything to be dominated by it. Sometimes he might be up for a discussion about hateful graffiti but others he might look at it along with hateful comments being posted and just want to delete it.

I agree with Jane about disabling comments, I could see doing it occasionally but when people do it all the time/on every controversial post it does make it seem like they can't handle disagreement and just want to broadcast their opinion to an echo chamber. Seems to me he's happy for discussion and debate to happen most of the time, just occasionally decides he's not in the mood for it and takes an all or nothing approach.

10 hours ago, St. Jonny said:

Never seen Tre's dog HAHA. Or is that someone else's?

It's his, and I believe from the same litter as Billie's dog Mojo (is that correct? I know they got them at the same time)

2 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

Who are the other two guys?

The band's security guy Eddie and (I think?) Chris Dugan

3 minutes ago, Maria Gloria said:

The band's security guy Eddie and (I think?) Chris Dugan

Ah thanks! :) 

look at all the fucking hashtags. who let the intern post on instagram :D the only thing that's missing is shit like #follow4follow #instafollow #bandsofinstagram #like4like

14 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

look at all the fucking hashtags. who let the intern post on instagram :D the only thing that's missing is shit like #follow4follow #instafollow #bandsofinstagram #like4like

And #stillbreathing :(

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived