Green Day Instagram Photos

Liam

16 minutes ago, GenXIdiot said:

The comments people are making on his last post! I hope he doesn't give up on humanity.

I'm sure he knows there are still good people around. They just don't hang around Instagram that much but on GDC instead

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always been a pretty outspoken, passionate conservative/libertarian, and I often get asked by my friends how I reconcile being a huge Green Day fan with my political beliefs. I like how Billie seems to be unapologetic for speaking his mind, and I like that he seems to think for himself. As long as he's staying true to his own morals, I'm okay with that. I dislike when other more conservative-minded people try to tell him that he should shut up and stick to music on Instagram. What do you expect? GD has been a very well-known politically-oriented band since AI, and it's so hypocritical for conservatives to be trying to silence dissenting opinions. As far as I know, other conservative libertarians try to encourage free speech and more open dialogue about the issues plaguing our society these days. To accomplish that, we need to hear all opinions and views; we can't just tell liberals to shut up just for speaking their minds. That reply exemplifies another reason why I love Billie. He just gets classier and classier. That's a very measured, respectful response to a not-so-polite comment. I like to see that kind of maturity from (whom I consider to be) a former punk. I like class, and I think that Green Day really just has been slowly but surely accumulating more and more of that.

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Billie's posts and reply are admirable.

Just what I thought. 

He could have just ignored the comment or replied with a "Fuck you". But he reacted in the most admirable way. 

While I admire Billie for constantly posting about social issues and politics, I also understand people who get tired of it and choose to write an angry comment, telling him to stick to music instead. I'm not saying it's a good thing or justified, only that I think I get them. There's so many bad things happening in the world, constantly. People die every day and the news are constantly reporting about a bombing here, dead people there, another shooting somewhere else, and as tragic as it is, it gets tiring and it starts to wear you down and make you feel hope- and powerless. I guess most people see social media as an opportunity to escape that and forget about the troubles of the world by looking at a few nice pictures of people enjoying themselves before they turn the news back on. 

That's why I think Billie's response was a very good one. Instead of complaining about the angry comments and/or deleting the post afterwards, he explained why it was important to him. I doubt he would care much if people unfollowed him for being an activist. :) And to be honest, if he didn't post about social issues that would reflect bad on him -at least in my opinion- and make him seem hypocritical, because as it has already been said, Green Day have always been very political and outspoken about societal issues. It would be disappointing if they suddenly started to only stuck to their music and completely ignore all of that, because frankly politics is their music and what they're all about. Thanks for being a voice of reason, Billie.

I like how in his reply he didn't talk down to the guy or tell him he was wrong. He gave an answer like a friend would give another friend. Very interesting.

Um, is it just me or are the instagram photos cut off in the middle for everybody else too?:mellow:

10 minutes ago, Juste Bro said:

Um, is it just me or are the instagram photos cut off in the middle for everybody else too?:mellow:

They don't show to me at all since the update. 

32 minutes ago, Juste Bro said:

Oh my gosh, yeah, I thought that I was the only one!

Yeah it's a known issue. The admins have been trying to figure it out, hopefully will be sorted when possible but for now just have to click through to see the whole photo.

It happens to other forums with this forum style as well so I guess it's the theme or whatever.

59 minutes ago, petros said:

It happens to other forums with this forum style as well so I guess it's the theme or whatever.

There are other forums?

5 hours ago, Juste Bro said:

It'll do that when people post links from their phones. The makers of the forum have been informed so we're waiting on a fix from them.

I'm SCREAMING...BILLIE JOE'S HAIR IS BLACK ! GREEN DAY IS OFFICIALLY ALIVE AGAIN...I told you!!!!:runaround:

12 minutes ago, Jake69 said:
black hair= green day hair!

Holy SHIT he looks so good. 

It's early in la - maybe they have plans tonight..... 

@JJ1964 put your Long Island iced tea down & check GDC... 

photo of Billie Joe looks like it was taken at Jingletown bathroom.

13627103_10154024620048961_8032531354793

This from Viva La Gloria lyrics 2014

Ho as hell. But still lol at the teenage emo selfie :P 

Another selfie! But I'm still waiting for him to take a selfie with a selfie stick!  #givehimaselfiestick

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived