Green Day Instagram Photos

Liam

Everytime I see them and Billie in particular, play at an event with other artists, he always seems to feel so out of place. IT is almost like he is fanboying for all his favorite artists. He doesn't seem to realize how much respect he is given by his peers. It really is adorable.

I think we all feel that way! I couldn't believe how many people were there only for Green Day. It was both shocking and validating.

But yes, they were all fanboying hardcore. It made me feel good to know everyone has at least one idol out there, no matter how famous they are!

Billie Joe's new profile photo in Instagram

11180065_824870197561723_908514997_n.jpg

That's him rehearsing for Cleveland. It's not new.

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, right? It seems so easy to think "oh, a few talking points will be OK" but even if there's a small crowd in front of me I usually blank. I can't imagine how nervous he was for this! When he said he didn't write a speech I about shit myself. I think you can hear me in the video my husband took saying something along the lines of "oh shiiiiit." :lol:

But still, seeing him make these follow-up posts is very encouraging because it shows he's still thinking about this, how seriously he takes it, and how much it means to him. I really think the entire band left Ohio super inspired and humbled by the entire experience. I'm very proud of my home state. :happy:

I would not have been able to speak half as well as he did without a legitimate speech. I mean, most people that night who said eloquent things were, I think, reading off a teleprompter. And I was a little bummed he didn't write one, because he has written lovely speeches in the past. That said, I understand why he felt as though he couldn't write one. To the guys, this honor really MEANS something. To try to sum that up is very difficult, and to sound rehearsed about it probably wouldn't have captured the awe he showed when he was just speaking from the heart.

And I've been loving reading these follow-up thank yous. He is such a sweet and genuine person.

This is so great omg

That video had me cracking up.

I would not have been able to speak half as well as he did without a legitimate speech. I mean, most people that night who said eloquent things were, I think, reading off a teleprompter. And I was a little bummed he didn't write one, because he has written lovely speeches in the past. That said, I understand why he felt as though he couldn't write one. To the guys, this honor really MEANS something. To try to sum that up is very difficult, and to sound rehearsed about it probably wouldn't have captured the awe he showed when he was just speaking from the heart.

And I've been loving reading these follow-up thank yous. He is such a sweet and genuine person.

Oh, I completely agree! My job is to tell stories, so I understand the difficulty of summarizing things into words that convey the proper emotions and message. Putting it on paper is artistic, but in a different way. For this situation, speaking from the heart was the most genuine, heartfelt, perfect thing he could do. It was even more impressive coming from someone as socially awkward as him.

And I don't mind if he continues to follow-up with thank you messages for weeks on end. It's good to hear from him. :happy:

And I don't mind if he continues to follow-up with thank you messages for weeks on end. It's good to hear from him. :happy:

YOu know he is in his living room, pacing, just going over in his head who he forgot. Then he has an "oh shit" moment and posts an instagram.

11196262_10153055879688961_3316925147094

dannybones64

17 hours ago
I'm offerrring select photographs for purchase - 50% off my reg price - to support my Shannon Hoon documentary on kickstarter - click the link in my bio to support ! Thank you ! Green Day Woodstock 1994 #greenday #pearljam #brucespringsteen #pattismith #radiohead #neilyoung #blackkeys #foofighters #tupac

That's him rehearsing for Cleveland. It's not new.

New for his profile photo, as the person indicated.

The BEARD! And out-of-bed-hairstyle. Yeah! :D

That is not a beard, it is stubble. Stubble is good, beard not good.

strawberrymelonmoe

22 hours ago

OH MY FUCKING GOD #greenday #billiejoearmstrong #brokenguitars #bestdayever #crazyfangirl THANK YOU PARKING METER FOR SCREWING ME OVER AND LETTING ME MEET BILLIE AHHHH WE EVEN TALKED FOR A BIT AHHHHH I CAN DIE HAPPY

josiesupernovae What did you talk about?!
geekgirl86 Billie is such a sweetheart. I'm so happy for you.
strawberrymelonmoe @geekgirl86 he really is! Thank you! :)

strawberrymelonmoe @jasonnghe I've lost all abilities to function like a normal human. I forgot how to go home and kept driving straight until I realized that it wasn't home
jasonnghe @strawberrymelonmoe LOL NOOO. What are you now? A pile of goo? Haha atleast no accident happened.
strawberrymelonmoe @jasonnghe I'm still shaking and I can't talk in normal sentences lol goo would be a compliment. I was cracking lame jokes and dying the whole time
strawberrymelonmoe @jasonnghe I was so lame, my jokes didn't even sound like a joke LOL and my voice was all weird and funky. Oh geez....

Okay, okay, you nit-picker, it´s stubbles. :P I love his stubbles, and when they are grownup, the beard. :D

It will be a regular hobo style beard by this time next week...beard is good, stubble even better :happy:

via strawberrymelonmoe

11203166_950843038295920_121433703525725

Her face! That would totally be me.

New for his profile photo, as the person indicated.

Well yeah, but elsewhere on the forum people were suggesting it was a "sign" they were recording/practicing again, thinking it was new. Just didn't feel like having that conversation again!

via strawberrymelonmoe

11203166_950843038295920_121433703525725

:lol: That's basically what my face would look like if I ever tried to take a selfie with him. Cute.

Also, man, he grows beard/stubble fast! It's amazing how different he looks from two weeks ago without his makeup/cleanly shaved look.

(Is it bad I don't really like the beard? :ninja: )

Also, man, he grows beard/stubble fast! It's amazing how different he looks from two weeks ago without his makeup/cleanly shaved look.

(Is it bad I don't really like the beard? :ninja: )

Clean shaven Billie, yes.

Clean shaven Billie, yes.

I think it's the gray that throws me off. I don't mind stubble at all (my husband has a beard these days), but I don't like to remember that Billie is 43. :lol:

I think it's the gray that throws me off. I don't mind stubble at all (my husband has a beard these days), but I don't like to remember that Billie is 43. :lol:

Stubble is alright but if he goes back to looking like a hobo...

Is it possibly... time to dye the beard?

For 43 years old, the man looks good.

Haha, and for me the grey stubbles are just the icing on the cake... Maybe because he´s rather in the direction of my age and I`m getting used to... umm... grey... :ermm:

Off topic: is it right that in American English it´s "gray" and in British English "grey"?

Haha, and for me the grey stubbles are just the icing on the cake... Maybe because he´s rather in the direction of my age and I`m getting used to... umm... grey... :ermm:

Off topic: is it right that in American English it´s "gray" and in British English "grey"?

Yes. And no. I use them interchangeably but mostly grey. It's just my personal preference.

• BeachBum locked this topic

Archived