Written by a fan - "Why I Still Love Green Day's Dookie, 20 Years After Its Release"

desertrose

No it's not. Green Day wasn't mainstream before AI. They were punk rock before but then they made a rock opera and gave birth to poser fans.

why would they be poser fans if they like the album? im not understanding this.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why would they be poser fans if they like the album? im not understanding this.

You are to young to understand.

You are to young to understand.

lol oh jesus h. it looks as though you're a grand total of 3 years older than me. i bet you remember those dookie years like yesterday!

To be fair the topic is fine, it's just me talking to seagull that isn't :P

lol oh jesus h. it looks as though you're a grand total of 3 years older than me. i bet you remember those dookie years like yesterday!

I started to listen them through Nimrod/Warning era. A true fan even if he wasn't borned in the 90' would say: "I wish I was around when Green Day played at Woodstock or Gilman"

Soooo all the people on here who discovered green day when ai came out are posers? Oh wow I'm sorry we all weren't conceived in time to be around during the release of 39 smooth we all must be terrible fans!!

I started to listen them through Nimrod/Warning era. A true fan even if he wasn't borned in the 90' would say: "I wish I was around when Green Day played at Woodstock or Gilman"

i say that all the time! and yet i still love american idiot and breakdown.

No it's not. Green Day wasn't mainstream before AI. They were punk rock before but then they made a rock opera and gave birth to poser fans.

Wow...TIL that selling 20 million copies of one album doesn't make you mainstream. Nice.

Right, this thread is turning into an absolute joke and I consider all this "true fan" bullshit and all its responses spam of the highest order. Cut it out, we've done this a million times and no one cares. If you're not willing to post legitimate points about whether Dookie is great or not, keep it to yourself. Arguing about what makes a "true fan" is nonsensical and there's no place for it in this thread.

If you hadn't noticed, Steven Seagull is a blatant troll and by feeding him you're almost as bad as him.

Dookie is great. :) Up there with the very best.

Might just listen to it now, actually.

hey i wasnt even being that serious lol, either way, apologies for helping screw up the thread. now..back to dookie!

i agree with that for me its Insomniac

Its so hard to choose, they all have there highs and lows. I really like Dookie because they weren't huge until its release so its purely them, not them trying to fulfill any expectations. Thats also why I love Stop Drop and Roll so much. Then again it is Green Day and I don't think they give a shit about impressing anyone, they do what they feel is right.

Insomniac had to kind of grow on me to be honest, which is really strange now since its easily in my top 3 favorite albums. Not really sure what is was about it, I guess I wasn't really connected to the songs yet. but after Knowing where the aggressiveness and heaviness of the record comes from, it makes it even more enjoyable to listen to. who doesnt like background stories to albums?!

Yeah man Green Day were so punk and underground before american idiot!They had only sold like 30 mil albums and had three or four no1 singles.

I wish they never made american idiot and become famous :(

Because it's simply the best fucking Green Day record ever made. True fans will never pick AI. Dookie is The Shit!

ahem, insomniac. Wait just realised you're a troll, nevermind

Archived