Billie Joe and Miranda Lambert are doing something at the Grammys

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

19GreenAngel91 said:

at 32:35 :)

Shoot! I can't watch it. Not available in my region.

I used Hola and It worked for me...it's just few seconds of them ..

Wow, hearing him say that was cringe-worthy, mostly because the guy probably genuinely thinks she's dueting with Billy Joel, and she's too nice to correct him and make it awkward.

Yeah a lot of Billie Joel commercials here in the Chicago market. Ugh NOT the Billie Joe I reference to.

Really looking forward to watching this. It's been far too long since we've had a TV performance. It makes up for the cancelled shows during the Trilogy promotion I guess. :happy:

Do we know if the tribute to Phil is a separate performance from the standard "In Memorium" segment where they do the montage of all the people who have died this year?

I ask because it would certainly effect how much the cameras actually focus on the slideshow vs. the performers. Not to be selfish and RIP to all those we lost this year, but I'm hoping that Billie & Miranda's performance is a standalone shoutout to Phil and not the background music to a montage...

I'm going to hell, see y'all there :)

I wonder if the reason we don't have a video interview of Billie is because he's afraid somebody will bring up the iHeartRadio incident and rehab... :(

I wonder if the reason we don't have a video interview of Billie is because he's afraid somebody will bring up the iHeartRadio incident and rehab... :(

Well they joked about it in his interview on The Jeff Matika show, I guess you could say they're all friends though so it's not the same as an official interview, but I think in a real interview he would either ask beforehand for it not to be brought up or just brush it off quite quickly and move on if they did ask. I guess we'll find out next time there's more press! :happy:

Apparently Norah is pregnant. I assume that's why she isn't joining BJA.

Yeah, she wouldn't want to implicate him as the father :lol: But where did you hear that news?

Nah, he can't avoid the press his entire life, and the limited and promo-type interviews he would possibly do for this would be quick, short, and professional. Like Foreverly. And he got a few vague rehab questions in some of the Foreverly interviews and he didn't evade them entirely. He's a big boy.

I was just thinking about how if the situation were reversed and Norah was performing an Everly tribute at the Grammys without Billie but with, say, Dave Grohl, we'd all be sadly speculating about how Billie is irrelevant and unimportant and was not asked to perform.

Yeah, she wouldn't want to implicate him as the father :lol: But where did you hear that news?

Oh God, let the speculation commence...

"OMG THEY HOOKED UP WHILE RECORDING AND ITZ BILLIEZ BBY!!!"

Oh God, let the speculation commence...

"OMG THEY HOOKED UP WHILE RECORDING AND ITZ BILLIEZ BBY!!!"

Hmmmm...it does fit the timeline...Lol

I wonder how short notice it was that Miranda would be performing alongside Billie instead of Norah? I'm sure it'll be a great performance either way. :happy:

Billy Joel again. Will people ever learn? How long until that guy dies?

Especially since Billy Joel is a huge name in music, so it's weird to confuse the two.

I wonder how short notice it was that Miranda would be performing alongside Billie instead of Norah? I'm sure it'll be a great performance either way. :happy:

That's assuming Norah was originally slated to do it with him, which I don't think she necessarily was. The Grammys love random pairings and this could have been their plan all along. It wasn't the artists' idea, it was Grammy. Miranda is nominated this year, and she has also performed this song before.

Interview with Miranda about her and Billie Joe and shots of them rehearsing

Apparently Norah is pregnant. I assume that's why she isn't joining BJA.

She could still perform while pregnant. It's just singing. I'm assuming she isn't very far along. But whatever.

Interview with Miranda about her and Billie Joe and shots of them rehearsing

If that's the audio of their rehearsal playing in the background then Billie's voice sounds amazing and they've really rocked up the song. SO pumped now!

Wow Miranda Lambert is really pretty :happy: Looking forward to hearing Billie sing an Everly Brother's song that wasn't part of Foreverly too.

I didn't plan to watch the Grammys, but now I will just because I want to see Billie Joe on my tv's screen.

Archived