Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I've been brainstorming a Top 10 Worst Green Day Songs and figured I'd get everyone riled up on the GDA.   I hope your favorite song made my list :)  I love Green Day so much, even these are not terrible.   Just the ones I skip the most if I'm skipping.   

1.       Bouncing Off the Wall   -   wouldn't have made the list if someone added an S.

2.       Amanda  - very meh, but kind of fun sometimes.    

3.       East Jesus Nowhere   - I don't like the music or the lyrics in this one much.    Grinds my gears at times.   

4.       Little Boy Named Train    -   the clunkiest lyric and song title of all time.   Like Amanda, I have to be in a mood, but sometimes I don't mind.   

5.       Warning  - lyrical masterpiece.   Musical equal to a wafer.    

6.       Last Night on Erath   - I like slow songs, but this one very rarely gets me all emotional like all the other ballads.   

7.       Wow, That’s Loud   -  Yes, there is volume.   No, there is no wow.   

8.       Fire Ready Aim    -  I like this when it's playing, but I also forget it ever existed before it even goes off.   Listen to this if you need to think about literally anything but Green Day.  

9.       Words I Might Have Ate   -  Not a terrible song, but one with one of the worst replay factors.    Try harder, Words.   

10.   Haunshinka     -    Yes, this is the worst.    The song title is hard to pronounce, much like Going to PlakawakaDingDongLake but not as fun to listen to.  Billie's vocals are just awful, like their out of some art house idiot's basement who thinks he knows what he's doing, but he's really just an American Idiot.    Melody is bad.   Lyrics are uuuuuuuh......okay.    Get off of Nimrod so it can claim the title of Greatest Album of All Time, ya dufus.  

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I've been brainstorming a Top 10 Worst Green Day Songs and figured I'd get everyone riled up on the GDA.   I hope your favorite song made my list :)  I love Green Day so much, even these are not terrible.   Just the ones I skip the most if I'm skipping.   

1.       Bouncing Off the Wall   -   wouldn't have made the list if someone added an S.

3.       East Jesus Nowhere   - I don't like the music or the lyrics in this one much.    Grinds my gears at times.   

4.       Little Boy Named Train    -   the clunkiest lyric and song title of all time.   Like Amanda, I have to be in a mood, but sometimes I don't mind.   

6.       Last Night on Erath   - I like slow songs, but this one very rarely gets me all emotional like all the other ballads.   

8.       Fire Ready Aim    -  I like this when it's playing, but I also forget it ever existed before it even goes off.   Listen to this if you need to think about literally anything but Green Day.  

9.       Words I Might Have Ate   -  Not a terrible song, but one with one of the worst replay factors.    Try harder, Words.   

10.   Haunshinka     -    Yes, this is the worst.    The song title is hard to pronounce, much like Going to PlakawakaDingDongLake but not as fun to listen to.  Billie's vocals are just awful, like their out of some art house idiot's basement who thinks he knows what he's doing, but he's really just an American Idiot.    Melody is bad.   Lyrics are uuuuuuuh......okay.    Get off of Nimrod so it can claim the title of Greatest Album of All Time, ya dufus.  

If Here Comes The Shock is not on this list it is invalid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, That Dude said:

You are so wrong about Haushinka, you are most wrongest wrong ever 😉😉😂😂 I love that song, and Bouncing Off The Walls and East Jesus Nowhere and how can you not like Warning ffs 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If Here Comes The Shock is not on this list it is invalid

It was taken into consideration, but it's kind of a bop.  

17 minutes ago, jengd said:

You are so wrong about Haushinka, you are most wrongest wrong ever 😉😉😂😂 I love that song, and Bouncing Off The Walls and East Jesus Nowhere and how can you not like Warning ffs 🤔

I double checked, I'm not wrong.  It is definitively and objectively the worst Green Day song of all time.    If Nimrod could just cast this one off, shake it from the track listing somehow, I just might say Nimrod Beats Idiot.   

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

I love all those songs :lol:

Really I do

In fact there is almost no GD song I don't like. Really not mad about HCTS and probably Sweet 16 (the latter sounded so funky at the club shows but was such a drag on the album) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, That Dude said:

Ok I'm mad about East Jesus Nowhere and Last Night on Earth. Wtf? The only song here I agree should be here is probably FRA though there are worse songs on that album

• Like 1

15 hours ago, That Dude said:

I've been brainstorming a Top 10 Worst Green Day Songs 

1.       Bouncing Off the Wall  

4.       Little Boy Named Train      

5.       Warning  

9.       Words I Might Have Ate  

Nooooo 😭

Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight and Good Riddance starts playing.

First thought: Well, that's appropriate. :)

Second thought: Or wait, is Philadelphia saying fuck you to me?

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Sitting at the airport waiting for my flight and Good Riddance starts playing.

First thought: Well, that's appropriate. :)

Second thought: Or wait, is Philadelphia saying fuck you to me?

Maybe a bit of both? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of hearing Green Day songs in random places, I was channel surfing through my car radio yesterday and hit upon "When I Come Around" on a 90s station. I never play my car radio and was wondering what channel it was even on LOL. I try to minimize distractions in the car and I take my music so seriously that if I did play the radio I would just get engrossed in it and drive off a cliff LOL.

Also, today I was at my local credit union making a payment on my credit card and asked to review my last few transactions and the teller was like, "There's a pending transaction from yesterday for for $32.49 for...Green Day?" And I was just like, "Yes, that's right." She sounded like she either didn't know what Green Day was or was confused as to why I would be paying them (apparently the transaction did not include "webstore" LOL). 

6 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Ok I'm mad about East Jesus Nowhere and Last Night on Earth. Wtf? The only song here I agree should be here is probably FRA though there are worse songs on that album

You're right, Fire Ready Aim shouldn't have been insulted by being lumped in with Harishuku or whatever.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

36 minutes ago, That Dude said:

You're right, Fire Ready Aim shouldn't have been insulted by being lumped in with Harishuku or whatever.  

Outrageous! 😉😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/24/2021 at 4:56 PM, That Dude said:

Gotta say Warning is pretty awesome, bother musically and lyrically. They tried something different and it worked. How is FRA not the worst song of all LOL?

15 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Gotta say Warning is pretty awesome, bother musically and lyrically. They tried something different and it worked. How is FRA not the worst song of all LOL?

Fire Ready Aim is SO forgettable, I only know it's quality while listening to it.   I'm trying to imagine the song right now and all I know if they scream the title a lot and hockey hockey something something something.      

On 8/25/2021 at 6:21 PM, That Dude said:

Fire Ready Aim is SO forgettable, I only know it's quality while listening to it.   I'm trying to imagine the song right now and all I know if they scream the title a lot and hockey hockey something something something.      

I dunno FRA is fine. I like it better than FOA and it's a good way to get the crowd amped up live. If only Green Day would remember this and actually play the song during Hella Mega...

• Like 2

Been listening to Green Day on Spotify, and the Trilogy sounds a lot better on there than the cds. The guitars sound turned up to me, dunno.

Maybe because it's a different car. 

I never liked you either, St Trilogy Rules!

• Haha 1

I believe that Pukey should be on the new album cover for Nirvana's Nevermind.   

Out with the old, in with the new.   

I'm working on the design now.  

On 8/20/2021 at 12:54 PM, RedundantIdiot said:

Watched MTV Seville (again!) with the family last night. As soon as it started, Dad pretended to moon in front of an unimpressed and unamused Mum. He then pointed at Billie on the TV and said "he does that doesn't he?!"

Let's hope that he doesn't get wise to any more of Billie's on stage vulgarities :whistle

This is actually awesome LOL. I really hope Billie will bring back the mooning. 

Finding the 10 worst Green Day songs was easy enough.  Haushoota all day long. 

But the Top 10?  Nearly impossible.  I've got it down to 41 but I can't rank these 41 songs.

What is everybody's favorite song ever?  Some of my choices for #1 - Too Dumb to Die, Jesus of Suburbia, The Saints Are Coming....

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, That Dude said:

But the Top 10?  Nearly impossible.  I've got it down to 41 but I can't rank these 41 songs.

What is everybody's favorite song ever?  Some of my choices for #1 - Too Dumb to Die, Jesus of Suburbia, The Saints Are Coming....

HAUSHINKA 🤣🤣

just kidding but I do love it.  I can’t make lists like that, change my mind every five minutes.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I don't know about top ten but Waiting, She, Give me Novocaine, Uptight and Castaway are right up there and always will be. 

• Like 3

• Liam unpinned this topic