Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

27 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

ALWAYS

I don't even have a weird and wacky wish list this time around.    Just one thing - FOUR SINGLES.    Promote the album, gosh darn it.  

It can sound like literally anything.   

And maybe it should come with coffee.  Okay, I do have a wish list.  But it has nothing to do with sound.

• Like 3

On 7/12/2021 at 6:06 PM, solongfromthestars said:

It's on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362830066819

I've resisted the urge to buy it :P Very cute but I really don't need any more Green Day merch.

I couldn't resist - it was like $60 at Emirates. 

Also noticed they had this (also ridiculously cheap compared to the at least $120 price tag on tour):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREEN-DAY-MENS-BLACK-HOODED-DENIM-VEST-WITH-PATCHES-MSRP-129-99-/362830063167?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Also noticed they had this (also ridiculously cheap compared to the at least $120 price tag on tour):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GREEN-DAY-MENS-BLACK-HOODED-DENIM-VEST-WITH-PATCHES-MSRP-129-99-/362830063167?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I'll "borrow" it from you then :lol:

• Haha 3

On 7/15/2021 at 8:57 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I may have to get one of these for myself 👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

I may have to get one of these for myself 👀

It's so cool and so cheap! 

• Love 1

My uncle works for the Cisco corporation and according to him Billie Joe was playing a couple songs on their company wide zoom meeting this morning but he couldn’t get any recording of it. Has anyone else heard of this? He said he was playing with gum hanging out the side of his mouth lmao. Also apparently Michael Phelps was in the meeting too.

Edited by Jrem
Meant gum not guy
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jrem said:

My uncle works for the Cisco corporation and according to him Billie Joe was playing a couple songs on their company wide zoom meeting this morning but he couldn’t get any recording of it. Has anyone else heard of this? He said he was playing with guy hanging out the side of his mouth lmao. Also apparently Michael Phelps was in the meeting too.

Weird. What does “guy hanging out the side of his mouth” mean? I wonder how many of these little corporate things he does privately on the side

26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Weird. What does “guy hanging out the side of his mouth” mean? I wonder how many of these little corporate things he does privately on the side

Whoops meant gum not guy lmao. He said he played Basket Case and “2 other songs” but he’s not as big as a fan as me so he couldn’t tell me what the other 2 were. He showed me a screenshot. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post it here. They had a strict policy against recording the performance itself but maybe just a screenshot isn’t bad. Just your average Billie joe dressed up on his couch holding a guitar picture. He played the song’s acoustically.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So I’m reading Trouble Boys, the biography of The Replacements and I learn that the band had a name for their Ford Econoline van that they used for their first national tour and it was Otis. Knowing how much Billie loves these guys I wonder if that’s where he got the idea from to name his studio that.  (The ‘Mats got the name Otis from the drunk on The Andy Griffith Show) The trashed Otis van also appears on the back of their album Let It Be so it had to be pretty legendary and known to fans.

That's so cool!  I bet that's where the name came from!  Thanks for sharing that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Grohl said:

On a similar note, the building where my boyfriend's friend lives has an elevator that says "Otis" on its branding, so of course I thought of Green Day  🤣

I used to know someone who worked for Otis (the elevator people of course)! 

• Haha 1

Share your friends with bread you don't know

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

The openings to many of the songs on Insomniac are so good! Very punchy and iconic. I get excited every time I hear those first few notes of songs like Stuart and the Ave, Westbound Sign, and Bab's Uvula Who?.

• Like 4

On 7/26/2021 at 11:34 PM, Slave To The Network said:

The openings to many of the songs on Insomniac are so good! Very punchy and iconic. I get excited every time I hear those first few notes of songs like Stuart and the Ave, Westbound Sign, and Bab's Uvula Who?.

The opening to Stuart and the ace makes my ears orgasm 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/26/2021 at 10:34 PM, Slave To The Network said:

I'm sure I'm thinking Nimrod here but the way you talk about the songs makes me think of the opening to Haushinka or Prosthetic Head. They get me every time!

• Like 3

Just watched Irving Plaza 2012 concert from start to finish for like 834th time, but last time happened years ago. Here are some of my random thoughts during it:

- Man, Welcome to Paradise is such a good opener.
- Fuck I'm so glad I heard Murder City live back in 2013. Someone give Billie Joe his cigarettes ASAP!
- Oh, this is where ''all i got to do tonight is to fuck my wife'' line came from, completely forgot it.
- Kill the DJ was surprisingly good live, minus weird ''oh-oh'' after solo.
- Holy shit Oh Love was horrible live song. It simply was too boring.
- Please bring back Stop When the Red Lights Flash for even one more show. That song is a banger.
- Burnout really works on E Standard, just like other Dookie songs.
- Man, Billie Joe was feeling REALLY good during Brain Stew.
- I can understand very clearly now why most of the oldies don't get played too often; they're easily forgettable, especially 409 In Your Coffeemaker.
- Trying to remember how 86 goes was very fun part during the show.
- At the Library is simply amazing.
- During Paper Lanterns I started to notice how Billie's voice is starting to wear down. No wonder, they've already played 30 songs at this point.
- F.O.D was fucking amazing and I don't even like that song.
- Jesus how annoying King for a Day is. Not the song itself, but it just kept going on for hours.
- Wake Me Up When September Ends was simply sad mess. Only one who played it well was Mike.
- That infamous ''billie vomiting during american idiot'' is still weird. It just looks like a big spit.
- 99 Revolutions was a great opener, but horrible encore, especially with its dull lyrics which were already outdated when this show was played (September 2012).
- That being said, I love how chaotic that ending was. Billie Joe never wanted to stop.

Aaaand here are some overall thoughts after I was done watching it:

- The Boys™ were fucking rocking it.
- Even with Billie's problems, he managed to remember most of the lyrics for (debatable) 40 songs, he shredded with guitar from start to finish and never stopped engaging with the crowd. Gotta respect that.
- Wait, they didn't play Basket Case? I always remembered that they didn't play Boulevard and Jesus of Suburbia on this show, but seems like I misremembered it.
- I still don't buy that story that multi-millionaire and very famous Billie Joe woke up in some random park in New York goddamn City and no one seemed to care/notice/etc.
- That room was hot as hell, I wonder how many celsius were inside during the end.

All in all, my favorite show from my favorite era. Simply amazing setlist with very little annoying parts, like King For A Day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Liam unpinned this topic