Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

I finally made peace with Revolution Radio, and I’m in love with this record again. Very happy about this. 
Trilogy you are next in line. 

• Love 1

36 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Listening to RevRad and wow it hit me that Say Goodbye is more relevant than ever. From the chorus to “the sick and suffering” to the “cops on patrol/ones in control” it’s like he had a time machine 🥺

I feel like so many Green Day songs are strangely prophetic.

1 minute ago, Flashback said:

Can we just appreciate Xmas Time of the Year for a second? I got really into it, great song actually 😄

YES! It's the only holiday song I actually like. 🤣

I remember people complaining about the song, but I like it! It's a cute holiday tune and I'm happy to have an excuse to add Green Day to my holiday mix.

• Like 3

Just now, jengd said:

They totally want to do a Christmas album, listening to those phone messages @pacejunkie punk shared, they are just holding back! :lol:

They actually reminded me of the Beatles’ Christmas messages that they did for their fan club back in the sixties. 

• Like 2

unpopular opinion here: restless heart syndrome is the only song off of 21st century with genuine heart to it. i like 21st a lot but most songs on it feel uninspired to me

5 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

unpopular opinion here: restless heart syndrome is the only song off of 21st century with genuine heart to it. i like 21st a lot but most songs on it feel uninspired to me

Restless heart is one of my favorites of 21CB. I don't have too many off that album either.

21CB is my most lukewarm GD album.  It took me awhile to like both that and Insomniac, but I lost interest in 21CB pretty quickly after I did come to appreciate it.  When ranking GD albums, I can never decide whether or not to put it above or below the trilogy.  I liked the trilogy instantly, but feel there's more artistry/thought put into 21CB.  There are times when I put 21CB above it, but feel like I'm only doing that because I'm "supposed to" since so many others love it.  Favorites would be RHS, H&HG, Peacemaker, Viva La Gloria? and 21 Guns, but none are in my top 25.

• Like 1

I'm surprised by your reaction about 21st.

21stCB is probably the album I have the more fun and nostalgia to listen to.
Murder City is just the perfect song for me. I would love to hear this song live once in my life.

Doomer Green Day

I don’t think it works that well slowed down, but anyway, I was surprised reading the comments - apparently people thought the original song was too upbeat!

We may never hear them, but I don’t believe for one minute that Billie Joe is not having spells of furiously writing angry songs spitting fury about the current situation in the US.

• Like 1

So every time the custodial crew where I work cleans my office, they knock down the Green Day posters, especially the big one. They are held up by masking tape so as to not damage the walls, but they are stuck on pretty well and they don't fall down except on days when the cleaning crew comes (twice a week). I am not sure if I should say anything or not. I mean, I know the cleaning crew is working super hard and their work is needed now more than ever, but I am worried about the posters getting damaged; the big one is already getting more crinkled. I am starting to think about just not putting out the doorknob hanger requesting cleaning on the cleaning days. (The cleaning crew only cleans private offices if requested because some people are still working from home because of covid, but since I am here every day I do want it to be kept clean.) 

37 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

So every time the custodial crew where I work cleans my office, they knock down the Green Day posters, especially the big one. They are held up by masking tape so as to not damage the walls, but they are stuck on pretty well and they don't fall down except on days when the cleaning crew comes (twice a week). I am not sure if I should say anything or not. I mean, I know the cleaning crew is working super hard and their work is needed now more than ever, but I am worried about the posters getting damaged; the big one is already getting more crinkled. I am starting to think about just not putting out the doorknob hanger requesting cleaning on the cleaning days. (The cleaning crew only cleans private offices if requested because some people are still working from home because of covid, but since I am here every day I do want it to be kept clean.) 

Have you tried using sticky tack? It won’t damage the walks and holds better than tape.

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Have you tried using sticky tack? It won’t damage the walks and holds better than tape.

No, what is that? Never heard of it.

Also, I wish they could just pick them up and put them on my desk if they fall. But no, they just leave my babies in a crumpled heap in the corner.

6 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Also, I wish they could just pick them up and put them on my desk if they fall. But no, they just leave my babies in a crumpled heap in the corner.

you can get it at walmart or any office supply store.

https://www.staples.com/3m-Scotch-Adhesive-Putty-Removable-White-2-oz-860/product_602158?cid=PS:GooglePLAs:602158&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=602158&KPID=602158&gclid=CjwKCAjwh7H7BRBBEiwAPXjadvdeYHC4wVoyVkNOXjtuTLlfLOO-pUgYhF3S0v_fmjZN4UD3QV2L3BoCJ5kQAvD_BwE

6 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Sometimes it’s called mounting adhesive putty. It’s this stretchy stuff you roll into balls and stick the corners of a poster with to the wall. Just make sure it’s white don’t buy the blue stuff because that can stain:

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Mounting-Adhesive-Putty/?N=5002385+3293369391&rt=rud

Also Scotch brand

https://www.scotchbrand.com/3M/en_US/scotch-brand/products/catalog/~/Scotch-Mounting-Putty-Removable-2-oz-White/?N=4335+3294529207+3294602205&rt=rud

4 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Thanks @pacejunkie punk and @Squashie! Does this stuff remove easily? Because I am hoping to start a PhD program next spring which will mean leaving this job and hence this office, so I will need to take the posters down without damaging them.

Yes, removes easily and is reusable so just squish the little balls together and save them to use again. Doesn’t dry out. You can buy one pack and have it for the rest of your life it lasts so long.

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yes, removes easily and is reusable so just squish the little balls together and save them to use again. Doesn’t dry out. You can buy one pack and have it for the rest of your life it lasts so long.

Wow, I definitely need this in my life now LOL. Thanks so much!

Maybe the cleaning person just doesn’t like Green Day :P In my old school, someone put up a slightly political poster. There were loads other stuff on the wall, but the only one they kept removing was this one. Eventually it got ripped down for this reason. (The alt-right propaganda in another room that this poster was protesting never got taken down lmao)

• Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Maybe the cleaning person just doesn’t like Green Day :P In my old school, someone put up a slightly political poster. There were loads other stuff on the wall, but the only one they kept removing was this one. Eventually it got ripped down for this reason. (The alt-right propaganda in another room that this poster was protesting never got taken down lmao)

Well, the custodial crew actually works for an outside company (because heaven forbid the school actually has to pay its own people for this LOL), and most of them are African or Nepali immigrants. I have met many of them and they are great people; in fact, a couple of years ago the daughter of one of them was a student at the local high school and took part in a college-prep program where I was the tutor; I loved working with her. One day after I finished tutoring her at the high school I missed the bus and she gave me a ride back to the college. I was a little scared when she said she had just gotten her license but she was actually a really good driver LOL. Anyway the point is that I doubt any of these people would have a reason to have anything against Green Day (though that kid DID play Ariana Grande in the car LOL). 

Anyway, fuck the alt-right. 🖕

• Liam unpinned this topic