Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

The most exciting (or more like, comforting?) Green Day related thing for me at the moment is I've just listened to Foam album again and some lines struck me as so meaningful in regard to what's happening now.

If people weren't so touchy about different views on this particular matter of the epidemic and the confinement, this would appear just like a banal lyrics analysis with nothing at stake. There is still nothing at stake. This is nothing else than my own hearing of the lyrics in application to the situation.

"We are rivals in the riot inside of us." because the outside field is not practicable anymore. Also, general competition for the most miserable situation and or/ the most patronizing attitude. 

"Feed the creeps with a stick and bone." Fear and health-wise baits over our heads. Encouraging not solidarity but selfishness although it's being pretended otherwise.

"Rip it off on retribution, turn it up sideways." Retribution for the ones who won't obey, and perhaps inverting what should really be done about the epidemic.

"I am alien visitor." Mask face? The irony is now the ones not wearing a mask are aliens. Visitor as we can only furtively stay outside.

"My path don't follow." People have to stay away from each other. There's no more place for individual paths but only one which everyone must follow.

"As we watch the world burn." what can I say? apart from that I'm not sure I see the cause of the burning as what we are being constantly told. Is it the virus or is it what we're tying to do to control it? Anyway, medium Billie

"Reach for the sky with your face in the dirt." Not sure what is the dirt. It was already the devices on which you can live your whole life now (and "reach for the sky" as "take all the pleasures you want that way" and now it has become the only way). Now the dirt could also be the massive information to give people the impression we know something and to motivate the measures. And the masks over your face that are maybe not even necessary and are a symbol of people cutting themselves not only physically from each other but also perhaps obstructed from seeking else than what they're told.

"Reach for the sky" could also be a way to say "take some height" as if "try to find the truth" while you take in all these information and instructions that are now everywhere on devices (either or both of the information and device being the "dirt").

And most of all:

"Nobody move and nobody gonna get hurt." Nobody move... out, and nobody is gonna get infected... for getting infected is what is to be avoided (for everybody).

• Like 1
  • Love 2

For some god (Satan) forsaken reason, I found myself listening to their new album and thought "boy, why is it every time Green Day get back on pills they think they're a garage rock revival band from 2001?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

What I like about this sentence is that it could open any kind of statement about the band51c1cbc9bbfb876cc7fd4c5145de34aa2ee92cf0

Right to the point about Billie's height, I like it.

• Like 1

I miss them and I wish this stupid virus would just go away so they can go back to promoting FOAM and performing. I really need some new pictures and videos right now. 😥

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I miss them and I wish this stupid virus would just go away so they can go back to promoting FOAM and performing. I really need some new pictures and videos right now. 😥

I think he heard you 🙂

• Love 2

I'm not saying that Green Day should do anything they don't want to do, but Dubioza Kolektiv got together to play a show from five different cities. They're a fun band, if you're into ska, check them out!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Montclare said:

I like that in more then one interview I've seen him described as "the pocket sized frontman". :lol:

I also like pointy haired frontman :lol:

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

What I like about this sentence is that it could open any kind of statement about the band51c1cbc9bbfb876cc7fd4c5145de34aa2ee92cf0

Isnt this from the book Nobody Likes You, where it talks about BJA and Mike being Gilman security guards or something? Omg, I used to hoard that book. I would check it out of the library and keep renewing it to the max, and then return it, pick it up again, and yknow, the cycle continued. Good memories :P  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 21st_century_gloria said:

Isnt this from the book Nobody Likes You, where it talks about BJA and Mike being Gilman security guards or something? Omg, I used to hoard that book. I would check it out of the library and keep renewing it to the max, and then return it, pick it up again, and yknow, the cycle continued. Good memories :P  

it is! i'm reading it at the moment

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

it is! i'm reading it at the moment

There was a point in time where I probably had the good majority of that book memorized. :lol:  It's a nice record of their pre-AI years.

• Like 1

Concept album about the Corona Virus.  

Isolation.   

Loneliness. 

People losing jobs. 

factories shut down.  

politicians not doing the right thing....

Wait, that's all stuff Billie sings about already.   

• Like 3

I listened to "I'll Be Back" by the Beatles this morning and I had forgotten what beautiful song it is. :wub: I think it would be a great one for Billie's voice. I miss the lovely harmonies that used to be so prevalent in old GD songs and I think this would be perfect for them to cover. Billie has a stunning voice for harmonies and I'd love to hear him cover this song.

Hint, hint, Billie while you're stuck in your house doing covers for us. ;)

You prompted me to listen to it with this post - great song. And I agree it would be great for Billie’s voice and harmonies.

Also, noticed the vocal reverb? I guess this is the 60’s sound Billie is going for with his.

• Love 1

I listened to "I'll Be Back" by the Beatles

And it makes great television watching the world end

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I know, I immediately thought of Governator with a title like that too. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Those guys were smart - always wearing masks wherever they go....

....you know I won't be there....

I'll go nowhere....

...so I won't see you there.

EVERYTHING REMINDS ME OF SOME GREEN DAY TUNE! Haha (you're dead!)

The Network is definitely what the world needs right now.   They didn't tour that much, wore masks and sang about robots, which as everyone knows aren't virus bags like us stupid human beings.   

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Those guys were smart - always wearing masks wherever they go....

....you know I won't be there....

I'll go nowhere....

...so I won't see you there.

EVERYTHING REMINDS ME OF SOME GREEN DAY TUNE! Haha (you're dead!)

The Network is definitely what the world needs right now.   They didn't tour that much, wore masks and sang about robots, which as everyone knows aren't virus bags like us stupid human beings.   

Viruses from Mars and we are scared

On 3/24/2020 at 11:58 AM, That Dude said:

Wait, that's all stuff Billie sings about already.

Exactly...

I also thought of Graffitia (which wasn't one of my fave at first but is becoming one! damn that album is good): "if we're going down for a good time, life during war time, it's a perfect crime", it could (as always) be interpreted in several ways. Going down for a good time could be: the mass of people have nothing else to enjoy than what will bring them down (drugs, alcohol, what will give them a good time), but it could also, and it's glaring in the current situation:

We're going down (we're forced not to really live anymore) for promises of a better time afterwards. The masses have to make this effort so that better times will come (whatever anyone thinks of it... I bet in Billie's way it's a critic of it, even if he wasn't writing it about the coronavirus of course. It's a critic of something general that is happening even more acutely now). It struck me even more as here in France our president said we are in war against the coronavirus. All is said. I don't dislike him and I understand his posture. Strategic choices had to made... Now we'll see what happens. But I'm hopeful!

• Like 3

Am I the only one who is freaking out from watching/listening to the 90s stuff as you’ve come into that age?

I mean, I’m about the same age as Billie when Dookie came out and putting aside the fact that my music career is quite a bit behind schedule, it’s relatable, but at the same time it all seems insane... where’s a career, where’s a girl/guy who’d want to marry me on a whim, what the fuck. He was five years older than I am now when Nimrod came out and look at those lyrics he was writing at the time. It’s increasingly  freaking me out the older I get.

• Like 3

Why doesn't Green Day come to the Maritime/Atlantic province's of Canada when they plan a tour?

• Liam unpinned this topic