Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Everything in my life circles back around to Green Day.

When I was a kid, one of my favorite GD live videos were the footage from Paint Factory '89. I was in love with the echo.
Flash forward to 2012, I'm in college and finally get to go to local punk shows like the ones I had watched and dreamed about for 7 years.
I became a regular at a famous underground dive bar/venue called the Brass Mug. The scenes were different by then, less punk, more post-hardcore at the time. Now it's all thrash/death metal. No complaints.
Well anyway the first time I went there, I stole my moms car and drove 2 hours into the city for the sake of it. It was a really horrible band honestly but what saved the night was my time spent with the old timers at the bar, who told me that they saw Green Day in this venue (but in a different part of town, it's changed locations 3 times now) back when they were my age.
Flash forward again to 2015, my boyfriend and I were watching random videos and I pulled up the Star Club vids and he goes "you know this was here right? This is what the Mug was called back then."
And to this day I can't believe it. 12 year old me would have never guessed that her favorite video (16 @ Star Club 89) was the same show that her friends would reminisce about 20+ years later. She never thought that she'd be booking local shows at the same venue, being friends with the same owner, and falling in love with someone who was playing on the same stage the night we met (well, not really. I'm sure a different stage was put up or modified by that point but still).  And it's all thanks to Green Day.
Anyway rant over. Enjoy the video :)
(Green Day Brazil also uploaded a better version of the full show, but it's labeled as 1990 instead)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tinkle said:

Foreverly is so relaxing - it's a very good album😊

It's beautiful...their voices are beautiful. And the best thing about it is that I could listen to it together with my grandma. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Private Ale. said:

"You Lied" is such a kickass song. it's a hidden gem. 

I just put on my Shenanigans record cuz of your post

Just now, Kyle Serlington said:

I just put on my Shenanigans record cuz of your post

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Shenanigans is fantastic.

• Like 4

Just now, Tinkle said:

That's certainly random:lol:

what, they're amazing! pay attention to them, there's so much expression... :D 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

what, they're amazing! pay attention to them, there's so much expression... :D 

Just googled 'Mike Dirnt eyebrows'.  They're a good set of eyebrows, but I wouldn't say they stand out as a defining feature :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Second favourite son said:

Just googled 'Mike Dirnt eyebrows'.  They're a good set of eyebrows, but I wouldn't say they stand out as a defining feature :lol:

you can't see it in pictures, really :D look at this part right here!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billie Hoe said:

you can't see it in pictures, really :D look at this part right here!

Now I see it!  That actually made me feel a bit funny, kinda like ASMR.  Very expressive indeed.  I'll never see his eyebrows the same again :lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

He always does that! :DHis eyebrows are so unique, like he doesn't just raise them, they shift in a 100° angle :D 

see, normal eyebrows being raised vs. Mike's eyebrows being raised:

sorry for the ugly painting :D 

I love this so much, not ugly :D Good to see I'm not the only person noticing such things and loving his eyebrows (and other features :lol:)

Edited by Second favourite son
Please remove images from quotes
  • Like 2

It's been almost a month since Bang Bang came out.. it honestly doesn't feel that long. August went by so fast.

• Like 1

And talking about songs.

September came so fast this year, idk, maybe is just me.

Also this month is special for me because i lost a loved one too a few years ago in sept.

September is here once again and so are the "don't make Wake Me Up jokes posts". They are the one and only reason someone still will make this joke for the 12th time. If I make one joke for every don't joke post, the internet will explode on October 1st. 

• Like 2

If someone makes a "Wake up Billie Joe" joke on Oct. 1 I swear I will strangle them. It not funny the first time or the hundredth time. :mad:

1 minute ago, unextraordinarygirl said:

If someone makes a "Wake up Billie Joe" joke on Oct. 1 I swear I will strangle them. It not funny the first time or the hundredth time. :mad:

:makes an alarm to make a wake up Billie post on oct 1st at midnight:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

:makes an alarm to make a wake up Billie post on oct 1st at midnight:

Smart ass! :P 

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic