Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

42 minutes ago, JJ1964 said:

I love Nightlife.  It's a really fun song.  I can't wait until they tour so I can get pulled on stage to sing the Lady Cobra part.

Not even in your wettest dreams HAHAHAHA

1 minute ago, StefanoBras said:

Not even in your wettest dreams HAHAHAHA

Actually a most definite yes to that scenario 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yes to trilogy love. Kill the DJ is still such a badass song to walk around town to, I love it.

i heard it in the morning on the radio. what a good song to wake up to.

• Like 1

John Roecker is so desperate for attention now that his film is out. It's quite incredible actually :mellow: It's the third time I've opened Facebook and seen some "NEW GREEN DAY... no, joke, check out this video etc".

I dont know if this has been already discussed, but what are the speculations for #otis right now? I didn't even notice it, my boyfriend brought it up the other day and now it's bothering me. It's appeared in a few random Instagram tags dating back to February, and most recently the "Otis Lounge" pic.

Just now, Maid Meringue said:

I dont know if this has been already discussed, but what are the speculations for #otis right now? I didn't even notice it, my boyfriend brought it up the other day and now it's bothering me. It's appeared in a few random Instagram tags dating back to February, and most recently the "Otis Lounge" pic.

Otis is a recording studio located someplace near 1-2-3-4 Go! Records in Oakland. I believe Jakob Danger and SWMRS recorded there too.

• Like 1

On 5/3/2016 at 8:14 PM, JJ1964 said:

To add to the Trilogy love, Walk Away is an underrated song

I love Walk Away so much. The melody is soothing, idk why.

• Like 3

My thought for the moment is Nimrod is the best Green Day album.That's what i'm listening right now.Then i'll hear insomniac,may be kerplunk or even warning and i'll give up trying to rank as always.

But the more i can't choose,the more i want to choose. I also think 1039 sosh can be the best.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, inthehallwaynow said:

Just listened to Dos in its entirety and its still my favorite of the Trilogy. I think it would have been better if the demo version of baby eyes was on it and also if the songs were in a different order but yea I sang my lungs out to it with pure bliss

The demo of baby eyes is so much better!  I think dos has the best and the worst songs of the trilogy on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Second favourite son said:

The demo of baby eyes is so much better!  I think dos has the best and the worst songs of the trilogy on it.

I know, right? The bass intro is everything! 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Why has it taken me this long to realize what a great song Maria is?

Maria's hugely underrated. I'm listening to it for the first time in ages now that you've said that, and now I can just imagine what they'd look like playing it, and now my head's reminding me they're probably releasing this year and that means touring and I've not listened to them for so long GREEN DAY ARE SO FUCKING COOL.

Yeah, that got kind of off-track :P

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JOE THE X-KID said:

Talking of Maria, poprocks and coke is actually really underrated. forgot it was even a thing.

This is actually one of my favourite Green Day songs

• Like 2

On 5/12/2016 at 6:49 PM, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Why has it taken me this long to realize what a great song Maria is?

Yes! Have you heard the original version? I think I prefer the International Superhits one but the rough one that was a Waiting b-side is cool as well

On 5/12/2016 at 8:15 PM, GenXIdiot said:

Nimrod Love: All the Time and Prosthetic Head are just great songs!  Nimrod is amazing.

Totally agree! One of my joint favourites. I love the wordplay in All the Time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

Yes! Have you heard the original version? I think I prefer the International Superhits one but the rough one that was a Waiting b-side is cool as well

I hadn't heard that! Thanks for sharing! More and more I'm starting to think I'd be OK with the new album taking on a true Nimrod/Warning era vibe. The trilogy had a touch of Warning, but not enough of it to make it good. The songwriting is some of my favorite. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

I hadn't heard that! Thanks for sharing! More and more I'm starting to think I'd be OK with the new album taking on a true Nimrod/Warning era vibe. The trilogy had a touch of Warning, but not enough of it to make it good. The songwriting is some of my favorite. 

I'm so glad you're ok with them making music they want to make. Glad you greenlit the new album. Now they can start promotion!

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

You're really reaching for an excuse to talk shit. Literally just saying she would enjoy that sound, not even a hint of giving "permission" as you're implying. Why not take the post as it was very obviously intended?

Read Pikachu's old blog post on fan entitlement and how frustrating it is.

9 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Read Pikachu's old blog post on fan entitlement and how frustrating it is.

Not nearly as frustrating as your trolling attempts :P

• Like 4

Just now, Jane Lannister said:

Not nearly as frustrating as your trolling attempts :P

I'm not trolling. It's straight up annoying.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Hermione pinned this topic
  • Liam unpinned this topic