Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

For the same reason Billie Joe says 99 Revolutions is the best song he has ever written and Horseshoes and Handgrenades almost never made the album because he thinks it sucks.

Lol why do people keep misquoting this?

Edit- didn't see your correction above :P

• Like 2

Lol why do people keep misquoting this?

Edit- didn't see your correction above :P

I guess because people rely on the previous wrong quotes to quote this haha :P

• Like 1

I guess because people rely on the previous wrong quotes to quote this haha :P

I just re-read the rolling stone interview earlier today, so I was quick to jump on this :P

I just re-read the rolling stone interview earlier today, so I was quick to jump on this :P

Ok, that explains it :P but my mistake won't change the fact what Billie Joe said was a sacrilege !

Ugh, it still baffles me that they used 99 Revolutions for the opener at every show on that tour...and using that title as the main theme. Nuclear Family would have been a faaaaaaar superior song to open with, IMO.

• Like 2

Ugh, it still baffles me that they used 99 Revolutions for the opener at every show on that tour...and using that title as the main theme. Nuclear Family would have been a faaaaaaar superior song to open with, IMO.

I didn't mind 99 rev as an opener but I sure did like we got nuclear family as a treat in Perth.

I didn't mind 99 rev as an opener but I sure did like we got nuclear family as a treat in Perth.

I actually think it is a decent opener. It is high energy.

• Like 4

Sometimes I wonder what the hell I would say to the guys if I ever got the chance to meet Green Day. I'm shy enough as it is, I don't know if I would have the balls to even talk to my favorite band. I'd probably try to act all cool and not embarrass myself. Hehe My question is, has anyone had the opportunity to meet the guys and if so, what exactly did you say?! How was it?! :)

Sometimes I wonder what the hell I would say to the guys if I ever got the chance to meet Green Day. I'm shy enough as it is, I don't know if I would have the balls to even talk to my favorite band. I'd probably try to act all cool and not embarrass myself. Hehe My question is, has anyone had the opportunity to meet the guys and if so, what exactly did you say?! How was it?! :)

I haven't met them but if I had the opportunity to do that I would probably try to not cry and act all fan-girly, cause then they would just think I'm annoying :)
  • Like 1

I'd probably do what I do every time I meet someone "famous" - be completely shy and try to say "thank you" loud enough to be heard lol :P

But I wish I could just be mad chill and say something like:

"You guys practically raised me, and even as an adult I'm still learning from you in other ways. I'm proud of you for always moving forward in your life and careers and I'll always support your decisions"

I sound like a parent :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I think I'd just try to completely play it cool - say hello, shake their hands, thank them for their great music, and try to control my breathing.

• Like 3

I meet tre (he was a lovely guy) but when I had the opportunity to chat to billie I just stood their like a goose

Seriously tempted to photoshop Billie talking to a goose.

• Like 2

Seriously tempted to photoshop Billie talking to a goose.

"There" sorry

I wonder if I had my time again would I say something but at the time I just couldn't. God he was hot though - sorry fangirl moment

• Like 2

"There" sorry

I wonder if I had my time again would I say something but at the time I just couldn't. God he was hot though - sorry fangirl moment

I wasn't commenting on the grammar error, just that I had a mental image of Billie looking confused while a goose stood there looking at him just as confused.

• Like 3

"There" sorry

That's funny. In my head, I would ask him to go for a drink. In reality I would be dumbstruck. I really wanted to get a picture when I met Hugh Jackman but I just couldn't. That could also be because he is 10x my size. I wouldn't have that issue with Billie.

That's funny. In my head, I would ask him to go for a drink. In reality I would be dumbstruck. I really wanted to get a picture when I met Hugh Jackman but I just couldn't. That could also be because he is 10x my size. I wouldn't have that issue with Billie.

So true - Hugh after men was buff & huge & well billie was teenie tiny but he was also talking to Chris from the living end (who I am really into as well ) - I didn't want to seem like a fangirl cause I was officially suppose to be there. I talked to tre - took a distant shot of Mike but well billie least I was very close.....

• Like 1

Really? What was it like live? :)

Really? What was it like live? :)

Exciting for me because it was the last show of the tour & it was a change up from the 3 sets I'd seen in the fortnight. Also he did it towards the end of the set.

What's up with Billie Joe willing to be friendzoned in the trilogy ?? I mean, Lady Cobra : "I just want to be your friend", Amy : "Do you wanna be a friend of mine ?", it's rather strange when all along the albums his libido is never satisfied.

What's up with Billie Joe willing to be friendzoned in the trilogy ?? I mean, Lady Cobra : "I just want to be your friend", Amy : "Do you wanna be a friend of mine ?", it's rather strange when all along the albums his libido is never satisfied.

The line in "Amy" could be a reference to Winehouse's "Rehab", where there's this line: "I don't ever wanna drink again, I just, oohh, I just need a friend".

• Like 4

I vote for mid-life crisis

• Like 1

There's so much wrong with this post that I don't even know where to begin.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic