Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

• They are not even touring.
  • They don't have the fan base they used to have.
  • They have nothing to promote.
  • The Foo Fighters thing is bloody stupid.

As to point 4, the Foo Fighters thing is an absolute masterclass in promotion.

• Like 3

1. They are not even touring.
  2. They don't have the fan base they used to have.
  3. They have nothing to promote.
  4. The Foo Fighters thing is bloody stupid.

Well maybe when they were touring they should have. I don't think it's stupid.

Exactly. Social media is getting all excited over it. They're collabing with other artists. It's genius.

• Like 2

There is a thing called too much advertisement, and they are doing it. I am sick of hearing their name on tv every few minutes. We don't even have letterman at a decent hour (its on at like 1 am or something here) and they are still flooding media outlets and tv. Just get this over and done with.

Makeout Party needs to be un-recorded. The worst Green Day song ever.

FINALLY someone agrees with me. Makeout Party not only is musically derivative and boring, also includes the worst set of lyrics Billie has ever written. Partying as a subject doesn't suit them in general and in their stupidness and predictabilitiness those lyrics beat even Fuck Time, which has the most disgusting line Billie has ever written, be it jest or not.

("I wanna fuck you till you're blue in the face") I'd insert the vomiting emoticon but I can't remember the code. Just no. :cry:

Honestly I thought they were above this kind of lyrics-making.

• Like 4

FINALLY someone agrees with me. Makeout Party not only is musically derivative and boring, also includes the worst set of lyrics Billie has ever written. Partying as a subject doesn't suit them in general and in their stupidness and predictabilitiness those lyrics beat even Fuck Time, which has the most disgusting line Billie has ever written, be it jest or not.

("I wanna fuck you till you're blue in the face") I'd insert the vomiting emoticon but I can't remember the code. Just no. :cry:

Wow That's Loud is the worst song they've ever written, but Makeout Party is a close second. I don't mind Fuck Time because it's so obviously meant to be over the top.

Wow That's Loud is the worst song they've ever written, but Makeout Party is a close second. I don't mind Fuck Time because it's so obviously meant to be over the top.

We are lucky though, since most of their terrible songs are on the same album. It's nice of them. After a while you kinda forget that they even exist :P

• Like 1

We are lucky though, since most of their terrible songs are on the same album. It's nice of them. After a while you kinda forget that they even exist :P

Yeah true. I do like Fuck Time and Nightlife but I can live without them so at least I can just not listen to Dos. It's more convenient than listening to Uno and skipping through the weak tracks.

Yeah true. I do like Fuck Time and Nightlife but I can live without them so at least I can just not listen to Dos. It's more convenient than listening to Uno and skipping through the weak tracks.

I thought I was the only one that went from Uno to Tre. I do adore Fuck Time and Stray Heart. I wish they had just replaced two of the weaker tracks on Uno or Tre and cut out Dos altogether. The whole record is just so immature.

• Like 1

I really don't mind most of Dos - sure, the lyrics for Fuck Time and Makeout Party are awful, but they're fun songs. Nightlife and Ashley are the only ones I don't like, and the Ashley on Demolicious isn't as bad (I still don't really like it, but it's bearable).

• Like 1

Although everyone hates on DOS, it's actually overall the most solid album of the three. It's diverse in sound, unlike UNO, but also cohesive in theme and tone, unlike TRE. I think if DOS had better lyrics we'd be looking at it as the best. The musical compositions throughout DOS are generally interesting and of high quality. If the lyrics were more like Stop Drop and Roll, I think this album would be a fan favorite.

Yeah, but unlike Stop Drop and Roll it's lyrics are probably the worst Billie Joe has ever written. So it's shite. Plus most of the riffs are horribly derivative ( Fuck Time, Stop When The Red Lights Flash), rehashes (Lazy Bones, Stray Heart), or just completely boring and uncatchy (the rest of the album).

I don't see what's that bad on WTL. It's not great but not awful either.

The lyrics are absolute shite and Billie's vocals are filtered to oblivion. I still like the guitar, though.

Yeah, but unlike Stop Drop and Roll it's lyrics are probably the worst Billie Joe has ever written. So it's shite. Plus most of the riffs are horribly derivative ( Fuck Time, Stop When The Red Lights Flash), rehashes (Lazy Bones, Stray Heart), or just completely boring and uncatchy (the rest of the album).

I think he must have written the lyrics to Dos while he was in a drunken stupor. I actually don't mind the lyrics to Fuck Time. I love the song. I see that song as being sung to one person as opposed to Makeout Party seems to be to a group, which is just nasty.

Songs that I wish were on Demolicious / would've sounded crazy awesome on it:

Stop When The Red Lights Flash

X-Kid

Dirty Rotten Barstards

Kill The DJ

Walk Away

X-Kid would have been so far improved on Demolicious. A little more edge on that hook and more distorted guitars would make it fantastic

• Like 2

Not that it makes the line that much better, but it's "choke you", not "fuck you"...

• Like 1

Although everyone hates on DOS, it's actually overall the most solid album of the three. It's diverse in sound, unlike UNO, but also cohesive in theme and tone, unlike TRE. I think if DOS had better lyrics we'd be looking at it as the best. The musical compositions throughout DOS are generally interesting and of high quality. If the lyrics were more like Stop Drop and Roll, I think this album would be a fan favorite.

When are you gonna part two of your trilogy review thingy?

The lyrics are absolute shite and Billie's vocals are filtered to oblivion. I still like the guitar, though.

Don't forget that horrible messy ending.

Not that it makes the line that much better, but it's "choke you", not "fuck you"...

He has used the fuck you line live before (or maybe the bad quality of the live recordings make it seem like he uses the f word)

It makes a lot more sense, at least.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic