Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

23 hours ago, Robbie1039 said:

Bang bang was supposed to get into the mind of a school shooter, but Having a Blast on Dookie does a much better job of this, even though it’s not specifically about a school shooter.  

Having a blast is underrated. I always thought it was about a school shooter. Every time I listen to it I wonder if they could get away with that song now.

• Like 4

On 3/14/2024 at 7:24 AM, The Grohl said:

Having a blast is underrated. I always thought it was about a school shooter. Every time I listen to it I wonder if they could get away with that song now.

Yeah I’m not sure they could, but it’s hard to say.  I think Having a Blast’s feel is that of a band that had nothing to lose, was young, and frustrated.  Bang Bang is much more metaphorical and doesn’t spell it out like the younger, less famous version of Green Day.  And I think as a song itself, Bang Bang feels like it was more of a song that was written with its audience in mind and is more self-conscious, as opposed to Having a Blast.  And yes it’s underrated for sure!

• Like 3

Just a reminder of all the films you needs to watch to be a real Green Day fan.   

Blood Rage, Corvette Summer, The Outsiders, Rumblefish.   You can't see a film of version of Catcher and the Rye because the owners of that property are punk rock and won't allow it.  Gotta read that one my guys.     I'm probably gonna check out Blood Rage since I'm on a horror kick right now.   BLOOD RAGE.   Imagine if Billie never discovered punk but became a heavy metal guy inspired by van Halen, ozzy, def leppard, iron maiden.   

(oh and I just read that Cigarettes and Valentines sounded like Kerplunk and Insonmniac.   WHAT??????)     From the Nobody Likes You book.

❤️

14 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I love that! He NEEDS to do more of those. 

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Blood Rage, Corvette Summer, The Outsiders, Rumblefish.   You can't see a film of version of Catcher and the Rye because the owners of that property are punk rock and won't allow it.  Gotta read that one my guys.     I'm probably gonna check out Blood Rage since I'm on a horror kick right now.   BLOOD RAGE.   Imagine if Billie never discovered punk but became a heavy metal guy inspired by van Halen, ozzy, def leppard, iron maiden.   

(oh and I just read that Cigarettes and Valentines sounded like Kerplunk and Insonmniac.   WHAT??????)     From the Nobody Likes You book.

Really? Cigarettes and Valentines doesn't sound like Kerplunk at all, haha. I can see that it sounds a little (tiny bit) like Insomniac, but I really have to imagine him singing it to get the thought. That's crazy 😄

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GreenDayJunkie86 said:

❤️

I love that! He NEEDS to do more of those. 

Really? Cigarettes and Valentines doesn't sound like Kerplunk at all, haha. I can see that it sounds a little (tiny bit) like Insomniac, but I really have to imagine him singing it to get the thought. That's crazy 😄

Cigarettes and Valentines the song was probably going to be the lead single since it was deemed good enough for them to share, because they hardly ever perform unreleased stuff live.    So it would be the more poppy, accessible side of that album.     

• Like 1

Just now, That Dude said:

Cigarettes and Valentines the song was probably going to be the lead single since it was deemed good enough for them to share, because they hardly ever perform unreleased stuff live.    So it would be the more poppy, accessible side of that album.     

If they remember some of the songs they recorded, I would love to hear what they were going to make. I know they confirmed that Too Much Too Soon was recorded during the album, but I would love to hear more. 

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

C&V would probably be a mix of pop-punk and straight punk rock. 

Tre :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I love seeing different bands interact. It's like a crossover episode :lol:

Someone reposted the clip of Green Day on the Chris Isaak show today and that's like exactly that 😄

I'd like to see the return of BLOOD RAGE.   That's a pretty a cool name for a band that's a lot heavier than Green Day.    

According to wikipedia, the 2017 Greatest Hits Album went Platinum in the UK with over 300,000 sold units. I didn't know that it was that successful 😄

• Like 3

Every band has a "Father of All" in their catalogue.   The one album that never gets played live anymore.   

Fall Out Boy - Mania

Sum 41 - Screaming Bloody Murder

Blink-182 - NINE

You guys are on top of the streaming numbers for Saviors.   But how about Green Day's TOTAL streaming numbers.    

10,104,918,537 Streams.      (I'm estimating $40,419,674.15)  

3,591,315,767 Youtube views (I'm estimating 110,000,000 dollars in adsense)

And....someone else can do the other platforms.   I don't know how this money is distributed, but if adsense got my account and Green Day's confused for even a single day, I'd be thrilled.    I'd be honest about it and see if Billie would help me out.   Since I returned the $25,028 their channel generated in one day no questions asked, Billie writes me a personal check for half.   I then have his personal account numbers removed and sell the check for 10,000 dollars and eventually, become the kazoo player for Green Day in concert for their 18th album.   Yeah. 

• Like 2

Stevie uses my "Legweak" joke.   The War of the Youtube Nerds Begins tonight!!!!! 

Also, McKenty is cracking Green Day jokes:

• Haha 1

Some details I found about the departures of former members: 

Sean Hughes wasn't that serious about being in a band.  When Al Sobrante joined as drummer, Billie and Mike had been discussing Mike going to bass and Sean decided this was a good time to politely step out.  (Sean is the only person to ever been in the band that didn't sing backing vocals).  

Raj Punjabi was a fill in drummer and stopped filling in for them because (redacted) and he was focusing on construction.  

Sean apparently didn't play in the Rod's show though, so I doubt it was when John joined.

• Like 1