Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

5 hours ago, stories and songs said:

You Lied randomly popped into my head today. I haven’t listened to Shenanigans in years honestly, but I listened to it alllll the time when I first got into Green Day. Such a great album!

I had the Australian version of Nimrod for quite a while before Shenanigans was released that I think of You Lied and Suffocate Do Da Da and Desensitized as Nimrod tracks it’s still weird to see any of those songs listed as Shenanigans 

For me it's weird to think of those as Nimrod tracks, I own Shenanigans, an EU 3-song Good Riddance and Brain Stew/Jaded and I don't have much rarities at all come to think of it.

• Like 1

I hereby solemnly admit that black-haired Billie is the best imo. Also I think I think I deciphered a few lyrics off What About Today
"[unintelligible] stupid fucker, [insert Billie screaming] ol' boy now"
"[unintelligible] what about today, [unintelliglble] I wanna see your face, [unintelligible] it's all conspiracy"

I am like 5 sailors combined. I swear too much for the human brain to handle. It'll become stew within the next 15 minutes. 1-day blinding brain stew.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

As someone who also swears like a sailor yet uses words like "malarkey" I can relate :lol:

Are you secretly Joe Biden?

I smile at the oh goshes too.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Are you secretly Joe Biden?

I smile at the oh goshes too.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523u6ppraethistycck8

• Haha 2

I’ve always thought his “goshes” are hilarious, I feel like he worked hard a few years ago to clean up his language and it’s natural now.  I’ve done the same but seem to say “holy moley” or worse (?) “cheesie peeps” which I picked up from a colleague 😂😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, jengd said:

I’ve always thought his “goshes” are hilarious, I feel like he worked hard a few years ago to clean up his language and it’s natural now.  I’ve done the same but seem to say “holy moley” or worse (?) “cheesie peeps” which I picked up from a colleague 😂😂

Cheesie Peeps....I'm gonna file that one away for later!

• Haha 1

Absolutely love the Green Dudes podcast, but Connores....I was screaming at the stereo as you guys said "computer room" instead of "office" so many times. 😄  There were other thoughts and comments I had, but since I'm always driving when listening, I never remember the email to reach Green Dudes.   

Are you guys doing every Green Day song in existence?    

@Clockwise

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Absolutely love the Green Dudes podcast, but Connores....I was screaming at the stereo as you guys said "computer room" instead of "office" so many times. 😄  There were other thoughts and comments I had, but since I'm always driving when listening, I never remember the email to reach Green Dudes.   

Are you guys doing every Green Day song in existence?    

@Clockwise

Thanks Dude!

I just asked the other Connor about this one, this is what he had to say: "Depends on the room, I’d say all offices are computer rooms but not all computer rooms were offices. Like your computer room was definitely NOT an office." 

& yes we will 100 percent be covering every Green Day song in existence. Come hell or high water. 

• Like 2

On 2/19/2024 at 12:55 PM, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I was remembering the first time I saw X-Kid live. It breaks me every time I hear Billie's voice crack around 2.45 in the video

A magical song.   How do people not like the trilogy again?  I can't fathom it.   This and it's cassette tape video should have taken tv and radio in 2013.    #1 song , #1 video.       Just epic.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Thanks Dude!

I just asked the other Connor about this one, this is what he had to say: "Depends on the room, I’d say all offices are computer rooms but not all computer rooms were offices. Like your computer room was definitely NOT an office." 

& yes we will 100 percent be covering every Green Day song in existence. Come hell or high water. 

I suggest you cover Coffee and Repent for April Fools.

• Like 1

Do any of you guys know who Shuttlecraft is? He plays Green Day songs live and he does a thing where he covers one Green Day song a day (from the beginning of course). He does an amazing job! I believe Billie posted Shuttlecraft on his Instagram before. He also makes his own music as well! If you guys don't know who I am talking about go check him out on YouTube or Tiktok! This is not an advertisement lol, just a random Green Day thought. 

PS: I am not Shuttlecraft

I've seen Shuttlecraft on YT! I don't like the vocals but awesome covers.

• Like 1

Currently watching Bullet in a Bible. May God bless his favorite band. Legendary🤘.

• Love 1

Just got done watching Bullet in A Bible. I can not even express how much I love Green Day. They really saved my life. Thank you. 🤘❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I am uncovering many weird and wonderful things in my quest to upload all the digital Green Day stuff I've collected over the years to the GDA Tumblr. Today's discovery is this 2010 relic from when we were trying to work out the lyrics to Oh Girl.

aac804a758edb13b1fd2921338b927be9ffdc823

• Haha 1

Damn I wonder if Oh Girl ever ended up as a trilogy outtake like Dreamcatcher, some may doubt, but some theorize.