Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Anyone else feel really weird this time of year?   Not bad, just physically different.   It happens to me every September/October.  

Today, it feels very Green Day-esque.  Like a new album is about to drop or something.   Maybe I'm just getting waves of nostalgia for Revolution Radio or something.   But I'm definitley getting Green Day vibes today.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Anyone else feel really weird this time of year?   Not bad, just physically different.   It happens to me every September/October.  

Today, it feels very Green Day-esque.  Like a new album is about to drop or something.   Maybe I'm just getting waves of nostalgia for Revolution Radio or something.   But I'm definitley getting Green Day vibes today.  

Interesting you mention that because I've also been getting Green Day vibes lately. I was randomly listening to Nimrod and AI just thinking damn....they're so good.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Interesting you mention that because I've also been getting Green Day vibes lately. I was randomly listening to Nimrod and AI just thinking damn....they're so good.

19 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Rev Rad and AI season. It feels like something is going to happen… ❤️

I hope it’s not just wishful thinking… we are all feeling it. Something big I think? Big changes and a new hope… Maybe? Hopefully?

• Like 4

Cigarettes & Valentines came on the playlist the other day and damn that's a great song

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Rev Rad and AI season. It feels like something is going to happen… ❤️

I hope it’s not just wishful thinking… we are all feeling it. Something big I think? Big changes and a new hope… Maybe? Hopefully?

Big Changes/New Hope, the latest and greatest Green Day record of all time!   Coming Halloween 2021! 

With hits such as Bouncing From The Floors and Touche, Dominique. 

I'll stop right there while I still can.  Touche Domique has a nice ring to it.  I shall write it!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I always feel strange with the change from summer to fall to winter but if you guys think something big is on the horizon GD wise, I am here for it!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

I always feel strange with the change from summer to fall to winter but if you guys think something big is on the horizon GD wise, I am here for it!!

Me too. There’s a weird feeling when summer changes season and it gets darker/colder. I really hope it’s not just the pandemic making wishful thinking more wishful mixed with the change in season… I really hope there’s a big new interesting GD era.

Big changes/new hope 😆 but seriously 🥺

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

While we’re speculating, do you think this background music to this animation is a teaser for anything new? It sure has a GD sound

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVlM-QZLhF5/?utm_medium=copy_link

Can you just see GD’s next album being called Wake Up and Go? 😂

I don't know, do you think Oakland Coffee would outsource music from another band?

Plus Wake Up and Go sounds like a perfect name for a record of songs promoting coffee. :lol:

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, jengd said:

How is it possible that Hitchin A Ride has only 3.1m views on YouTube?? I could hardly believe my eyes!

Saw a car number plate today ending HAR :lol:

• Haha 2

The Basketcase live video has black Trilogy X's that pop up at seemingly random frames.

TRIGITAL BLACK, the new Trilogy from Green Day....Just as epic as the first, but this time....Billie is around to make you buy it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

The Basketcase live video has black Trilogy X's that pop up at seemingly random frames.

TRIGITAL BLACK, the new Trilogy from Green Day....Just as epic as the first, but this time....Billie is around to make you buy it!

It’s a common thing to do on photo negatives. Ex out the bad. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Squashie said:

It’s a common thing to do on photo negatives. Ex out the bad. 

Like Whatshernames face and name.

I was listening to 21CB and enjoying the album until this started:

qX7gHUc.jpg

But I fixed it:

4YBmXJu.jpg

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Saw this featured on r/nextfuckinglevel today and it made me proud.
Co4gKOb.png

• Like 2

Somewhat GD related...I've been listening to a lot of Ultra Q and they're quite good! 

This is my favorite song from them by far

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Somewhat GD related...I've been listening to a lot of Ultra Q and they're quite good! 

UltraQ are really amazing, I’ve had the opportunity to see them live twice (once as Mt Eddy). There’s a thread to talk about Jakob’s bands here

23 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

This is really cool. Sounds really Network-esque LOL

So I was sitting in the parking lot while my mom was grocery shopping at food lion? and I turned on the radio which was WMMR, green day “she“ came on and I immediately turn up the radio, so there’s that 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

There are songs called Mike Dirnt.   

This is one of them.  

Type Mike Dirnt into Spotify and see what the world has to offer.   

Thanks to Reddit for those thing I didn't knew.

In Homecoming, during Tré's section, there is a faint Don't wanna be an American Idiot in the background.
In the video at 6:02 with back vocal boosted

giphy.gif

The drum part after Tré says ''geez'' is a call back to the post-chorus drum part from American Idiot.
The drum fill for American Idiot leads us into Rock N' Roll Girlfriend from Nobody Likes You.

• Like 3

Huh. I've always noticed that about the backing vocals. Wasn't aware of the other stuff, though.

• Like 1

• Liam unpinned this topic