Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

You know they rerecorded 409 in your Coffeemaker post-Dookie? I would love to hear Paper Lanterns done like that.

• Like 1

You know they rerecorded 409 in your Coffeemaker post-Dookie? I would love to hear Paper Lanterns done like that.

No, I don't :D Where can I hear it?

I just saw Emily's Army and another band on the bill played God awful covers of When I Come Around and Amy. Joey cracked up and left. Also the guitarist was playing a baby blue strat with stickers on it, one being a heart grenade. So why the hell would you play Green Day covers at an Emily's Army show?

• Like 4

I just saw Emily's Army and another band on the bill played God awful covers of When I Come Around and Amy. Joey cracked up and left. Also the guitarist was playing a baby blue strat with stickers on it, one being a heart grenade. So why the hell would you play Green Day covers at an Emily's Army show?

Because 99% of EA fans are GD fans
  • Like 1

Was this in Bloomington? Are going to the Chicago show tonight?

Was this in Bloomington? Are going to the Chicago show tonight?

It was, and I'm working unfortunately, it was a miracle I got the day off for last night.

I never knew there was supposed to be a "fucking" there until after I got into Nimrod. :P

GET OUT OF ME

• Like 1

Ahh I want to listen to the post-Dookie version...but alas I am on mobile so it will have to wait :/

I'm currently obsessed with J.A.R., again. I love that song so very much.

EDIT: esp. the version from AAF where Billie asks the audience "what's in your heart, Michigan?". So rad. I'm from Ohio :P but I would have loved to have been at that one

Edited by nimrosomniac

I saw a picture of a hippie van today with GD written on it and I was excited for a second until I realized it stood for Grateful Dead and not Green Day :(

• Like 1

Why did they play iheart radio in the first place? Couldn't they cancel the gig? There was no chance the show would come off well. I wonder if is a part of the contract that bands can't cancel the shows at the last minute.

Why did they play iheart radio in the first place? Couldn't they cancel the gig? There was no chance the show would come off well. I wonder if is a part of the contract that bands can't cancel the shows at the last minute.

Well hell, they cut short their set at the last minute :lol:

• Like 1

This is sarcasm, right? :)

Yes :P

A lot of what I say is sarcastic; I'm just terrible at portraying it in text

:) Was just checking before I ranted about the time not changing, yadda yadda yadda!!
  • Like 1

I know how you feel; my sarcasm almost always gets misunderstood :D this one was pretty apparent, tho.

Bands can cancel any time but they could be ordered to pay money for it

And they show could have went well if Billie wasn't overly intoxicated

Bands can cancel any time but they could be ordered to pay money for it

And they show could have went well if Billie wasn't overly intoxicated

That's right, but I doubt nobody noticed. Everyone backstage must have known the wasn't able to pull off a show.

That's right, but I doubt nobody noticed. Everyone backstage must have known the wasn't able to pull off a show.

He was meant to be getting gradually worse throughout the night but it wasn't clear just how bad he was until they were on stage. Mike said that's when he really noticed something wasn't right. Plus it's not like Billie was the first guy ever to play a show in that state.

Listening to the Having a Blast demo for the first time and those harmonies sound like they're off the Trilogy, and the intro to Pulling Teeth sounds kind of like State of Shock (before you ask, that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned). Also, that version of Welcome to Paradise is great.

EDIT: Not just Welcome to Paradise, I generally love the guitar sound on these demos.

EDIT AGAIN: Why did the end of Basket Case lead into 16, and why didn't they carry on? That sounded really good!

ANOTHER EDIT: The Instrumental one reminds me of another song, but I can't figure out what.

• Like 1

He was meant to be getting gradually worse throughout the night but it wasn't clear just how bad he was until they were on stage. Mike said that's when he really noticed something wasn't right. Plus it's not like Billie was the first guy ever to play a show in that state.

You're right. It's no big thing anyway :)

• Like 1

Listening to the Having a Blast demo for the first time and those harmonies sound like they're off the Trilogy, and the intro to Pulling Teeth sounds kind of like State of Shock (before you ask, that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned). Also, that version of Welcome to Paradise is great.

EDIT: Not just Welcome to Paradise, I generally love the guitar sound on these demos.

EDIT AGAIN: Why did the end of Basket Case lead into 16, and why didn't they carry on? That sounded really good!

ANOTHER EDIT: The Instrumental one reminds me of another song, but I can't figure out what.

Dude, don't feel the need to put up that wall to protect yourself. Don't let other people's opinions make you fear your own.

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic