Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I just want them to release uninterrupted footage from the secret shows :(

Wasn't there a pretty strict no phones/cameras policy at those shows? Of course, GD themselves may have recorded them. I remember at the time following people on Twitter who were providing updates about what was being played! 

The Red 7 recording (again if memory serves me correctly) was recorded in an alley next to the club by people unable to get a ticket! 

When we visited Texas in 2017 we made a point of stopping by Red 7 for a photo! I'll have to see if I can find it. 

About Cuatro I always think it's a shame so much was cut out of it for the official release. At the premier I think it was 2+ hours

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Wasn't there a pretty strict no phones/cameras policy at those shows? Of course, GD themselves may have recorded them. I remember at the time following people on Twitter who were providing updates about what was being played! 

The Red 7 recording (again if memory serves me correctly) was recorded in an alley next to the club by people unable to get a ticket! 

When we visited Texas in 2017 we made a point of stopping by Red 7 for a photo! I'll have to see if I can find it. 

About Cuatro I always think it's a shame so much was cut out of it for the official release. At the premier I think it was 2+ hours

There’s quite a bit of footage from these shows in Cuatro so my assumption is that they filmed them. But yeah, I remember phones were banned at these shows and people who managed to record something must have sneaked something in or recorded from the outside (which explains the quality).

8LtXKur.jpg

Seriously! What a fucking story! All while arguing on the phone with Adrienne. How have I never heard this?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

8LtXKur.jpg

Seriously! What a fucking story! All while arguing on the phone with Adrienne. How have I never heard this?

I never heard this either and now I demand to know more. 

Mine is not being a GD fan during the AI era. I'd give almost anything to go back in time and experience that era as a fan and see those shows. @RedundantIdiot when you figure out how to build that time machine, let me know!

• Like 2

Mine is assuming they would release more dates for the Trilogy and not seeing them between 2010 and 2017 😭 hence I but tickets the minute I can now if they even close to getting to. 

• Sad 4

As well as 21st CB, I also regret not being into GD as much as what I am now during the AI era. I'd love to travel in a time machine to an AI era gig, especially as there was one in my city in 2005 which was the last time they played here. So I'd go to that gig in my city, any gig from the 21st CB era, and I'd revisit my 1st GD gig which happened on the Rev Rad tour. 

• Like 3

I wasn't paying much attention during the 21cb or trilogy eras, and my regret is that I missed the Foxies gigs then.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

Mine is being 5-6 during the American Idiot tour.

CURSE YOU ME FOR NOT BEING OLDER!

I was 13 when AI came out and that was when I became a fan. But I was still a but young to be really deeply involved and not in a position to go to shows, etc. I regret becoming somewhat out of the loop in college/grad school (21cb and Trilogy eras) and then just getting back into them more heavily in the past couple of years.

I feel like I've missed out on a lot by becoming a fan in 2010. I just happened to miss the 21CB tour, because I was just getting into the band and if I became the annoying fangirl I am a little sooner, I probably would have tried to talk my parents into taking me to see a show. Then the trilogy tour was somewhat bare, and I wasn't able to travel back then. RevRad was a nice exception to the rule and now firstly I absolutely refuse to go to hella mega and also there's covid, so again, no show. I think I would probably get to see them more if I became a fan in any other decade.

• Sad 2

Just listened to Warning for the first time in a little while and I'm reminded of why that album is so great

• Like 4

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Static Age is criminally underrated. I know we bemoan the fact that they don't play Trilogy songs anymore but they put so much work into the 21CB album.  It's a freaking masterpiece and the only song to survive in the regular setlist is Know Your Enemy.  That too is a crime.

They played some trilogy songs as The Longshot. I think it's much more likely that we'll hear some more trilogy songs live in the future than hear any of the other 21CB songs live

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

They played some trilogy songs as The Longshot. I think it's much more likely that we'll hear some more trilogy songs live in the future than hear any of the other 21CB songs live

Billie played them as the longshot. Mike and Tre did not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Squashie said:

Billie played them as the longshot. Mike and Tre did not.

I'm curious why Billie played them for the longshot but they won't do it for Green Day. Is it because Mike & Tré don't want to? Is it because the albums weren't received as well from fans?

• Liam unpinned this topic