Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Beautiful! I really wish they would go back to doing more harmonies.

• Like 2

Found this at hubby's estate sale this weekend.  Did not buy it though (too expensive!!) but really cute.

IMG_0285.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 7:22 AM, That Dude said:

This is new to me.  

I had no idea that song was that old.

• Like 2

So now there are Trump supporters who are thinking American Idiot represents their thinking

Link to tiktok video

I just imagine how pissed Billie must be.

It doesn't surprise me, though, since these are the people that think Rage Against the Machine represents their thinking. Idiots indeed

13 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

In hindsight, the line about the media was unfortunate.

If you are talking about American Idiot, I think it actually is still really relevant, probably more so than ever. It all depends on what media we are talking about. If we are talking about Fox News or social media, it's absolutely true. A big part of the reason we are in this mess is because people are buying into all the "alternative facts" from Trump's propaganda machine and a bunch of deranged Internet bigots. A lot of people out there are lacking both the critical thinking skills and the will to separate the truth from the nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

If you are talking about American Idiot, I think it actually is still really relevant, probably more so than ever. It all depends on what media we are talking about. If we are talking about Fox News or social media, it's absolutely true. A big part of the reason we are in this mess is because people are buying into all the "alternative facts" from Trump's propaganda machine and a bunch of deranged Internet bigots. A lot of people out there are lacking both the critical thinking skills and the will to separate the truth from the nonsense. 

Yeah but the problem is that Trump supporters would tell you the same. It’s just a matter of what media you’re against. It’s just a bit too open for interpretation.

Just now, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah but the problem is that Trump supporters would tell you the same. It’s just a matter of what media you’re against. 

This is true. And that's really the problem: there has been a fundamental breakdown of truth and no one can agree on what basic facts are. People are living in their own separate realities. 

4 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Just found online this poster of a three days punk/ska festival from 1991, at Ungdomhuset, a squat in Copenhagen. A US band called Green Day was the main act on a Thursday evening :P 

sj.P1991.10.31.jpg

I think this is the performance connected to the “crazy head-in-a-jar guy” 😄

the image doesn't load

On 1/19/2021 at 12:23 PM, Karol Oliveira said:

So now there are Trump supporters who are thinking American Idiot represents their thinking

Link to tiktok video

I just imagine how pissed Billie must be.

It doesn't surprise me, though, since these are the people that think Rage Against the Machine represents their thinking. Idiots indeed

This was my first and last sojourn into tiktok.    I feel icky, haha. 

It's cool if people who don't usually listen to lyrics suddenly discover that Green Day are deep, I guess.    Kind of cool.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go wash the tiktok from my body.    I'm more of a facebook and youtube are enough kind of guy, ya know?   

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

This was my first and last sojourn into tiktok.    I feel icky, haha. 

It's cool if people who don't usually listen to lyrics suddenly discover that Green Day are deep, I guess.    Kind of cool.  

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to go wash the tiktok from my body.    I'm more of a facebook and youtube are enough kind of guy, ya know?   

I totally get you. I'm past the age of being on tiktok and I'm not even 30 yet! Hahaha

(Dear Green Day, don't ever create tiktok accounts, please. I already joined instagram because of you!!!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Karol Oliveira said:

I totally get you. I'm past the age of being on tiktok and I'm not even 30 yet! Hahaha

(Dear Green Day, don't ever create tiktok accounts, please. I already joined instagram because of you!!!)

They have a TikTok account. I don’t think we’ll ever get anymore posts (seems like they were only using it for Hella Mega Tour), but it’s there.

• Surprised 1

7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yes, we are all healing and trying to forget

Lmfao, it wasn’t that bad.

I mean, at least they didn’t try any trends. I don’t think I want to see any of them crack a hip trying to do the renegade (no, wait, that’s a lie; that would be hilarious).

And I cannot lie, Mike actually got the hang of it. He was surprisingly good at it.

14 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

I just realized this place is back to Green Day Community LOL. 

Why is @pacejunkie punk sad about this? :( 

I loved The Network phase and I’m sorry it seems to be over both officially and unofficially (here)

6 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

And I cannot lie, Mike actually got the hang of it. He was surprisingly good at it.

He does have the youngest kids (baby Mickey excepted). 

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I loved The Network phase and I’m sorry it seems to be over both officially and unofficially (here)

I mean, I like that phase too, but I am hoping it's end means we will soon be getting more actual Green Day, and I am looking forward to that. :) 

3 hours ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

I mean, at least they didn’t try any trends. I don’t think I want to see any of them crack a hip trying to do the renegade (no, wait, that’s a lie; that would be hilarious).

It was very cringy. It’s one thing when teenagers make tiktoks and a whole another thing when old guys try to do the same.

3 hours ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

It was bad, but I'd love to see them try some trends. Watching them do the renegade would be the funniest thing ever. I need that in my life. 

I'm sure that Mike had some help in the tech department. You know that man is a dinosaur. I trust that you've seen his emoji usage.

21 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It was very cringy. It’s one thing when teenagers make tiktoks and a whole another thing when old guys try to do the same.

True. The only thing that made it bearable was the level of boomer energy that they posses. 

How come we don't have a Green Day tiktok posts thread so the people who aren't Gen Z can see them? Just like the instagram thread

Did they dance on one of the videos?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Karol Oliveira said:

How come we don't have a Green Day tiktok posts thread so the people who aren't Gen Z can see them? Just like the instagram thread

Did they dance on one of the videos?

I guess we all collectively figured that we didn’t want to see that :P Jk, there was a thread but they abandoned the tiktok account so the thread died out with it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I guess we all collectively figured that we didn’t want to see that :P Jk, there was a thread but they abandoned the tiktok account so the thread died out with it.

Thanks, I'll try to find it

• Liam unpinned this topic