Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

7 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I started reading Nobody Likes You yesterday since I've got time and I've been meaning to read it for a long time and @Beerjeezus made me remember that. Super good read! I didn't know that GD had a song named "Slappy". Was there ever a recording of that? Supposedly it was on the 39/Smooth EP, but I haven't heard it before. I have the 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours deluxe version and it's not on there.

Not sure about that fact specifically (maybe @Todd can answer) but I do know from when I read it that there were a lot of facts that book got wrong.  Good read overall but not perfect. I can’t wait for the memoir or authorized biography we are due some day.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I started reading Nobody Likes You yesterday since I've got time and I've been meaning to read it for a long time and @Beerjeezus made me remember that. Super good read! I didn't know that GD had a song named "Slappy". Was there ever a recording of that? Supposedly it was on the 39/Smooth EP, but I haven't heard it before. I have the 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours deluxe version and it's not on there.

I remember that in a very old show Billie said "This song is called Slappy" and then playing Paper Lanterns. So maybe Slappy was the original name of that song. Don't ask me what show was because I don't remember it :lol:

19 hours ago, greendepent said:

I remember that in a very old show Billie said "This song is called Slappy" and then playing Paper Lanterns. So maybe Slappy was the original name of that song. Don't ask me what show was because I don't remember it :lol:

Hmm. Could be. I hadn't thought about it being an alternative title to an existing song.

12 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The Longshot EPs are down from Soundcloud :(

They are on Spotify and Apple. Have been for a while. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

The Longshot EPs are down from Soundcloud :(

He’s changing his channel to rap. It’s coming 😱😜

• Haha 2
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I can feel the trap beats

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

competition coming my way.   

I am ready.   

I am Rock.   I am Island.  

7 hours ago, Thatsername said:

I still hate the fact that we never got any decent pro-shot live-footage from the RevRad era. Now that we're all on shutdown I re-watched Bullet in a Bible, Awesome as Fuck, their Reading 2013 performance, Rock am Ring 2013 and more and they're all excellent in their own ways. But the level of happiness, love, joy, passion and positive energy they showed on stage during RevRad remains unexcelled for me.

It may not have been Billie's best era vocally, but it was definitely the most genuine, honest, cute, lovable and happy Green Day I have ever seen in my life and that's why it will probably always be my favourite era. I wish they would just release some footage of that time, for example their Hyde Park London performance 2017 which was filmed, but never released (some artists released stuff like that recently). One of the best days of my life. Damn I miss them and I'm so sad that we most likely won't get any live Green Day this year:(

I keep saying they should release Jaded in Chicago Part 2 since they played the Aragon on the RevRad tour.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The 90’s interviews really were something - just saw one where they were all in bed together with the interviewer who asked Billie Joe and Mike to spit on each other and they said no that’s gross.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

The 90’s interviews really were something - just saw one where they were all in bed together with the interviewer who asked Billie Joe and Mike to spit on each other and they said no that’s gross.

Things change. Little did they know they'd one day be spitting into each other's mouths.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Things change. Little did they know they'd one day be spitting into each other's mouths.

I think the request was inspired by them doing exactly that :lol: but they said it prompted people to spit on them from the audience and that was too much even for Billie.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I think the request was inspired by them doing exactly that :lol: but they said it prompted people to spit on them from the audience and that was too much even for Billie.

Oh, that makes sense then. :lol:

3 hours ago, kaylubd said:

I don't want to put this in news, since it's old, but this is a repost of an interview I did with Broadway Idiot director Doug Hamilton back in 2013. It was previously shared here, but since the website it was posted on no longer exists, I wanted to share it in case anyone is interested. It's one of my favorite interviews and I didn't want to let it sit on my harddrive forever.

https://radionotfound.wordpress.com/2020/04/14/interview-going-behind-the-scenes-of-broadway-idiot-with-director-doug-hamilton/

Wow, what a great interview! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Funny that he said they "focused more on Billie Joe's story." :dry: Yeah, sure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

Oh, that makes sense then. :lol:

Wow, what a great interview! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Funny that he said they "focused more on Billie Joe's story." :dry: Yeah, sure.

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

RIGHT?! I was looking over the interview and I was like....it's not about Billie's story at all!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, kaylubd said:

RIGHT?! I was looking over the interview and I was like....it's not about Billie's story at all!

I think it partly is, he clearly got more and more involved as the process went on, and then his performances were amazing. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jengd said:

I think it partly is, he clearly got more and more involved as the process went on, and then his performances were amazing. 

Yeah, we're just greedy with how much we want to see Billie :P

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, kaylubd said:

It was. I read another interview where they talked about finding the story and being surprised by it because it wasn’t about the conflict they expected, but in how Billie gradually became more invested in the project and grew closer to the cast and crew in a way that surprised him, learning things about his craft and making friends like he hadn’t since Gilman, culminating in his decision to join the cast onstage.  That’s the story that comes through when you watch it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It was. I read another interview where they talked about finding the story and being surprised by it because it wasn’t about the conflict they expected, but in how Billie gradually became more invested in the project and grew closer to the cast and crew in a way that surprised him, learning things about his craft and making friends like he hadn’t since Gilman, culminating in his decision to join the cast onstage.  That’s the story that comes through when you watch it.

Of course you're right...I'm just greedy with Billie time lol. It's still a good documentary, but one I don't really revisit often. 

Yeah, I can see that the documentary is telling a story about Billie's gradual investment and involvement in the play, but I still wish they had shown more of his growth as an actor specifically. It would have been so cool to see that process of working with him for that part.

• Like 2

I feel bad to Tony Vincent when I say this but I really wish Billie was St. Jimmy on the official soundtrack. Of course it wouldn't even make sense or be fair since Tony was the original St. Jimmy, but I'm being selfish here :P

• Like 4

• Liam unpinned this topic