Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

From At the Library to Graffitia, baby!

From All the Time to Youngblood!  

I keep wondering what gd is going to do now that the Asia shows are postponed. Imagine rehearsing and being excited for this big tour just to being forced to cancel it for the moment. I really can't really imagine them do nothing lol I'm really hoping for a small club tour

Edited by billiesblue
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, billiesblue said:

I keep wondering what gd is going to do now that the Asia shows are postponed. Imagine rehearsing and being excited for this big tour just to being forced to cancel for the moment. I really can't really imagine them do nothing lol I'm really hoping a small club tour

Same. It was enough of a bummer there were no shows the entire time before and after the album came out and now with the cancellation, it's as dead post-album drop as it's been with Trilogy, but this time it doesn't have to be this way.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Same. It was enough of a bummer there were no shows the entire time before and after the album came out and now with the cancellation, it's as dead post-album drop as it's been with Trilogy, but this time it doesn't have to be this way.

I wasn't here during that era but I can imagine why... but yea, I mean I feel like they did a little more to promote RevRad. I remember there was a club show in LA, I didn't get tickets but anyways... I thought something similar was going to happen but oh well things could still change :D even if its been a month since foam's release

I don't remember what thread I read this in, but someone said the setlist should include some of the more party-like songs from the trilogy, that's whole point of the tour anways ! I just want to include this just in case Billie comes to creep 👀

• Like 3

Yesterday night I've played American Idiot in his entirety on the guitar. The nostalgia kickkkkk in

19 hours ago, billiesblue said:

I keep wondering what gd is going to do now that the Asia shows are postponed. Imagine rehearsing and being excited for this big tour just to being forced to cancel for the moment. I really can't really imagine them do nothing lol I'm really hoping a small club tour

They should play Greenville, South Carolina every day from now until China is safe again.

And then after that too. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Yesterday night I've played American Idiot in his entirety on the guitar. The nostalgia kickkkkk in

oh shit you play guitar too?

23 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

oh shit you play guitar too?

Yeah a lot

8 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

oh shittt what guitars do you have?

Blue

Well not THE blue but same model without all the stickers ahah

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Blue

Well not THE blue but same model without all the stickers ahah

is it a fender? I got a Fender fat strat, the one with the extra pick up

My main guitar right now is an Ibanez hollowbody 

buttt I also got an Epiphone Les Paul with Seymour Duncan pick ups (my van halen-esque beast) and a Rickenbacker as well as a Gibson Les Paul Junior 

then I also got an acoustic and a classical

41 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

is it a fender? I got a Fender fat strat, the one with the extra pick up

My main guitar right now is an Ibanez hollowbody 

buttt I also got an Epiphone Les Paul with Seymour Duncan pick ups (my van halen-esque beast) and a Rickenbacker as well as a Gibson Les Paul Junior 

then I also got an acoustic and a classical

Yes fender strat. 

An acoustic for me too. We're the same.

3 hours ago, Little Boy Named Airplane said:

Yes fender strat. 

An acoustic for me too. We're the same.

bro let's make a Canadian band 

28 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

bro let's make a Canadian band 

What's our band name?

A friend of mine and I were talking about concerts in Italy and even numbers
2010 Heiniken Jammin Festival was canceled 
2012 Idays was canceled
Now it's 2020 and we have Coronavirus 🙃

I went to an important match of my favourite soccer team yesterday and the minute I entered the stadium, "Basket Case" blasted through the place😍 It was a good omen I guess, my team won.

• Like 3

When I went to a baseball game "See the light" was playing during the warmup. Not a song that we hear often.

I've was at Waves.com buying some new plug-ins and I am sure you guys have seen this but I never have so maybe not.

In the demo of the CLA (Chris Lorde Alge), the engineer for Vig and one of the greatest rock engineers (not producers) of today.

If you go to waves.com and watch any of the "CLA" video tutorials for the VST (virtual effects and plug ins) (CLA being Chris Lorde Ange) he uses BOBD as the thing to show how he likes to track his vocals.

I thought some of you would be interested in watching the tutorials even though they probably use mostly hardware but nowadays the VSTs are getting almost as good as the hardware.  I would say it's not far off from being standard.  He certainly makes a case for it here in showing off some of his techniques.

Here is the vocal CLA plug-in but there is also one for bass, guitar, and mastering.  It's pretty cool to watch him.  Vig also has a deal with Waves and if you go to his plug in package (just search for it on the site) you can hear him make the very similar sound to what many call that thin sound which is a VIG signature in some other artists, including his own band Garbage, sound exactly like many of the tracks that he produced for GD.

Here is Chris talking about his vocal plug in.  Go to the site if you want to see more (if you are an aspiring producer/engineer), this is a good guy to listen to.

He won Grammys for AI and TCBD.

• Like 2

I think about American Idiot on Broadway all the time. I was getting work done this morning and I got distracted by reminiscing about this fucking thing again! It was and probably always will be one of my most amazing experiences. Every time I'm in New York I go and stand outside the theatre and remember crying when the show ended. I even have a recurring dream about it returning to Broadway for a week with Billie as St. Jimmy and being back there looking at the American Idiot sign (not Frozen... it's Green Day's theatre! :mad:) again. I'm such a fucking saddo, help :lol:

It was a liberating experience though. I was in this big city on the other side of the world and that mirrored the show I had the privilege of keep seeing. There was no lining up or related drama. It would've been easy to abuse the lack of security but no one tried. They just enjoyed the show. We met so many kind and normal fans who weren't after anything more than seeing a life-changing album come to life as a Broadway musical.

I'm so happy I have the theatre tattooed on me :wub: I still love the soundtrack but I do wish there was a version with Billie as St. Jimmy.

DYC2uAqWsAYx4p4?format=jpg&name=large

(We Were Here is a Lights reference)

tumblr_otlle5qUdx1wnd24ho1_1280.jpg

• Love 2

• Liam unpinned this topic