Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

17 hours ago, Nightlife said:

This moment was so beautiful

Oh damn, yeah. Even a blackout can't stop Billie😍 Amazing how he handled that. I wasn't at the festival unfortunately, but I know some people who were there and they said many people cried because it was so beautiful.😭

• Like 3

On 9/28/2019 at 3:27 AM, Green Day In Seattle said:

I was watching the FOAMF performance on Jimmy Kimmel again for the umpteenth time and when Billie did his trill thing, my cat looked intently at the screen like "What is this strange and wonderful sound?" She was so interested! :lol:

You're gonna kill me... But I didn't really enjoy that performance personally. Especially with that little trill... I still love GD and Billie but I kinda cringed during that performance. 

@maryjanewhatsername I don't really get what's cringey about that performance. I thought it was really good! They all looked and sounded awesome and Billie's trill is nothing new. He's just a goofball and likes to do that occasionally. But, I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy it. I'm sure there will be another performance soon that you'll really like. :happy:

• Like 4

About the reputed cringe, I learned to play Youngblood on guitar and it's so damn fun. Cringe Billie is best Billie :wub:

One good thing about Jeff is that he's a normal guy who deserves to stay in Green Day. Another good thing is that the majority is against him, which is often a sign to leave the thinking herd

• Haha 1

I thought Jimmy Kimmel was the better performance of the new song. I don't love it but that's just because I don't like the song that much. The love for the iHeart performance was what surprised me. I didn't read the GDC thread, but elsewhere people were saying it's the best Green Day have ever been and all kinds. I found it very average. It's amazing that they did it at all, but that doesn't make it their best performance ever.

Other fans are making me feel like it's a massive deal that I don't like the song, but honestly - how many people, other than me, actually like Know Your Enemy or Oh Love? :P Even BOBD isn't that popular with hardcore fans. This is just one single. I might like every other song on the album.

Anyway, I came here to say that despite not being keen on this era's aesthetic so far, I want Billie's starry jacket

fb6887f966c3249b61d7e980f4e6029541092619

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, solongfromthestars said:

Other fans are making me feel like it's a massive deal that I don't like the song, but honestly - how many people, other than me, actually like Know Your Enemy or Oh Love? :P Even BOBD isn't that popular with hardcore fans. This is just one single. I might like every other song on the album.

fb6887f966c3249b61d7e980f4e6029541092619

Yeah that's my hope too: That I will like the other 23,5 minutes of the record. I still don't like the overall vibe of this era so far, so I really, really hope they will surprise me musically with the rest of the album. I love Know Your Enemy by the way and I always think it's the perfect opening song. Oh Love is okay too. Definitely better than Foamf 😛

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Yeah that's my hope too: That I will like the other 23,5 minutes of the record. I still don't like the overall vibe of this era so far, so I really, really hope they will surprise me musically with the rest of the album. I love Know Your Enemy by the way and I always think it's the perfect opening song. Oh Love is okay too. Definitely better than Foamf 😛

I feel the same way. I just can't get into it and it makes me sad because I want to be excited. But I guess even if we don't like any of it, there'll hopefully be another album and era soon. Disliking a whole era will be new for me, but not a huge deal considering the size of their back catalogue. I still hope it'll all grow on me if I like the rest of the album.

Know Your Enemy is a great opener! I actually hope they keep it. I'd like to see Oh Love back on the setlist too, although there are lots of other great trilogy songs that would be even better additions :D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Very random thought: Billie should hire Liam Gallagher's vocal coach. That guy has done wonders for his voice!

Oh Love drags to convey frustration until the narrator caves and comes to "...falling in love with you." But not many people like it and that's fine. I just wish fans would accept disliking the new song as easily as they accept disliking Oh Love :P 

8 hours ago, Master Roshi said:

I don't mind FOAM music video and I love the BITUSA one, but man I wish Green Day did something like this

Ohhh, I absolutely love Toten Hosen, so nice to see them popping up here :) I actually consider them the closest thing to GD we ever had in continental Europe. Awesome band, and they have really cool videos too, true! 

Working from home with this beauty on play made my day extremely productive 😶 (No bender involved) 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f290cbbec2fe12073bf93 

• Like 3

I'm not one of those people who feel let down by the easy going "let's have a party" vibe of FOAMF but this is a bit.. akward :lol:

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, herewegoagain said:

I'm not one of those people who feel let down by the easy going "let's have a party" vibe of FOAMF but this is a bit.. akward :lol:

That may be their message right now but Billie has also been known to kick the ass of an audience member or two when they deserved it, regardless of the brand message at the time. It’s cool what the Dropkick Murphys guy did but I have no doubt if such a thing happened at a Green Day show even now, that guy would end up with a guitar, bass and drumsticks broke over his ass.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Billie would say he respects the guy's opinion and that we should try to understand each other 

I would not be so sure :P 

0aa00c6c84f884d521d751b041b00cc3.gif 

Personally, once I saw a nazi being kicked out from a GD concert by the audience, maybe Billie does not really need to get involved in person :P 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bully Hoe said:

he'd be like "no place for nazis and racists at a green day show!" and then he'd collaborate with them

This immediately popped up in my mind 😂

B8-E1-D39-C-1-A69-4-A45-A115-44-BC47-A7- 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Liam unpinned this topic