Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

That could literally be the same day I got properly into them haha, it was definitely around that date.

• Like 1

Apparently, Wake Me Up When September Ends was going to be on Shenanigans according to https://genius.com/Green-day-wake-me-up-when-september-ends-lyrics

Imagine AI without it. It's not my favourite song on AI but it would be so weird for it not to be on that album. And if it was on Shenanigans, it probably wouldn't have been one of their more well known songs

On 6. 4. 2017 at 2:30 AM, stories and songs said:

Today is the day I consider my Green Day anniversary. There were months leading up to it where I was getting more and more interested in Green Day, but April 5, 2005 was the official day that they wore me down and I decided they were my favorite band. :lol: I resisted for such a long time—I was all emo at the time and thought their music was too punchy and upbeat for me. I'm glad they finally broke me, lol. Happy Anniversary, Green Day. The past 12 years with you have given me so, so much happiness (most of the time ;)), and you've only gotten better with age. :wub: I'm so proud that they're my favorite band. Wouldn't have it any other way.

18 hours ago, Hermione said:

That could literally be the same day I got properly into them haha, it was definitely around that date.

How can you remember the exact date??? :o

I only remember what year it was.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

I roughly remember what year it was, it was either 2006 or 2007, all I know is that they were part of my emo phase and that it started with music class :D 

• Like 1

I have no clue what day I officially became a GD fan. But I wonder how many crazy fans have kept the receipts that they were given whenever they bought a GD album from the record store ? (I've still got all of mine). It might seem crazy keeping the receipts, but I've put them alongside my concert ticket and newspaper cuttings from my gig. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't actually know the exact date but I know it was between other events (when my workplace moved and my dad's wedding) so I know it was around April 2005. Being 19 at the time rather than a child probably makes it easier to remember.

• Like 4

My anniversary is between March and April, don't remember exactly the day, but it was between those months on 2005 when I saw the Holiday video for the first time on MTV and it was love at first sigh. I can't believe it's been 12 years! I'm so happy I fell in love with them and stuck with them, it's been a lot like a marriage lol, a lot of happy moments and hard, sad ones, but I wouldn't change that for anything. They helped me a lot to be who I am today and I'm still learning. I'm just so happy they still around making beautiful music, I seriously can say that they're the love of my life haha, and I'm so proud of them.

Happy anniversary, my boys :wub: we will renew our vows when I finally see you live :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jane Lannister said:

I used to journal when I was younger, so I'm able to track that stuff fairly easily. It's also my parents' anniversary, so I guess the date just sticks out.

• Like 4

That bow guitar sound in Troubled Times is from Stairway To Heaven. I just realized it omg :unsure:

Edit: it bugs me so much now :lol: 

49 minutes ago, stories and songs said:

I used to journal when I was younger, so I'm able to track that stuff fairly easily.

That's really cool 

5 hours ago, MysticManiac said:

Apparently, Wake Me Up When September Ends was going to be on Shenanigans according to https://genius.com/Green-day-wake-me-up-when-september-ends-lyrics

Imagine AI without it. It's not my favourite song on AI but it would be so weird for it not to be on that album. And if it was on Shenanigans, it probably wouldn't have been one of their more well known songs

Is this right though? I thought the story that Billie ran to his room after his father's funeral had been debunked and dies Mike not say, in Heart Like a Handgrenade something like "it's about time you write that one".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jengd said:

Is this right though? I thought the study that Billie ran to his room after his father's funeral had been debunked and dies Mike not say, in Heart Like a Handgrenade something like "it's about time you write that one".

I'm not sure it's right. But it's still interesting to think about, if it is true

6 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

I'm not sure it's right. But it's still interesting to think about, if it is true

The thing about the funeral is complete shite made up by some emo teen or another :P. I know Billie's said he wrote it or started writing it in 2002, I'm assuming whoever wrote that doesn't know Shenanigans is just a b-sides compilation album and made the jump that it was "supposed to be on there" from that because I really can't imagine it was. Don't know if the part about it being too emotionally difficult to record yet is true or not.

Just now, Hermione said:

The thing about the funeral is complete shite made up by some emo teen or another :P. I know Billie's said he wrote it or started writing it in 2002, I'm assuming whoever wrote that doesn't know Shenanigans is just a b-sides album and made the jump that it was "supposed to be on there" from that because I really can't imagine it was. Don't know if the part about it being too emotionally difficult to record yet is true or not.

Well Ha Ha You're Dead was a new song put on Shenanigans. Maybe there was going to be 2 new songs on it. But it's completely possible and quite likely that it's made up crap

28 minutes ago, MysticManiac said:

Well Ha Ha You're Dead was a new song put on Shenanigans. Maybe there was going to be 2 new songs on it. But it's completely possible and quite likely that it's made up crap

Just doesn't seem like the type of song they'd use for that though (whereas a fun upbeat one like Ha Ha You're Dead makes more sense).

• Like 1

I was given American Idiot and International Superhits on my 14th birthday in January of 2006, but that was after having been exposed to them and becoming a fan earlier in the school year (2005). And then my GDC date is June 2006, not long after that.

On 4/4/2017 at 1:17 PM, TracksAtChristieRoad said:

One of my local radio stations posted the Stephen Colbert version of good riddance and in the comments on Facebook some one thought one of the guys looks like Ryan stiles. I'm assuming it was Mike.  Random. 

Ryan stiles is best known for

Whoose line it's it anyways. 

This is a long running joke, actually. If you google it there are lots of comparisons. I swear, one of them (either Ryan or Mike) has acknowledged this at some point and I have a strong sense that it was on a Whose Line episode, but I could also be making this up completely. They have done Green Day "songs" in their "Greatest Hits" segments before, though. One was a Beekeeper one.

• Like 1

Huh, this is an interesting topic to discuss. I can't come anywhere near an exact date for my green dayversary, but I can narrow it down. If Dookie was released in February of 1994 it was sometime between Feb-Sept of 1994. I'm almost positive it was summer, although it might have been spring before sixth grade let out for me as well. I know for a fact that I was already in deep by September when they played in my city because my parents wouldn't let me go and I cried for days. Longview was on heavy rotation on MTV/local alternative rock stations when I first discovered them, so if anyone knows when it first gained some steam that might help narrow it down even further...

• Like 4

I used to journal when I was younger too, and it made me remember for example how I felt around the time 21st CB was coming out, which is really cool. I wish I had some kind of a Green Day anniversary date though, I only know I became a fan during 2006.

I regret that I wasn't around when 21CB came out. 

Or for Foxboro Hot Tubs. :cry:

It must have been a wonderful time

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I regret that I wasn't around when 21CB came out. 

Or for Foxboro Hot Tubs. :cry:

It must have been a wonderful time

Impossible you would have been minus 4:P

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tinkle said:

Impossible you would have been minus 4:P

I know :cry:

(10 actually, not that small but maybe still too young for that kind of fun anyway :P come to think of it, I don't remember when and how I first heard fbht, I must have been 12 or 13)

• Like 1

Haha now I'm obsessed with figuring out this puzzle...I saw that Woodstock '94 was in August and I watched that in real time and was already a huge fan, so that narrows it even more from feb 94-July 94. My cousin seems to think she remembers buying Dookie at the mall the day she went to her aunt's house for her birthday, which would have been May (and we discovered them at the same time). 

Now I'm digging into all my old scrapbooks and journals trying to find more answers! :lol:

Speaking of AI's the Musical 

I'm I the only one doesn't look like the Al musical on Broadway, I thought it was bad idea it really destroy the true Billie Vision 

and what happen to movie AL that HBO producing.

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic