Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

8 hours ago, Giusey said:

Just listened to the whole of American Idiot and for me it trumps any other green day

Had to read this twice because at the first look I thought, what the hell did Trump do now and what does it have to do with AI? :lol: This guy is really spoiling our language.

I'm sorry, never mind, carry on.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MMwhatsername said:

Had to read this twice because at the first look I thought, what the hell did Trump do now and what does it have to do with AI? :lol: This guy is really spoiling our language.

I'm sorry, never mind, carry on.

Pftttt your the one that mentioned Trump

7 hours ago, Tinkle said:

What else do you listen to - how about the clash, the jam, talking heads, madness - even Billy Joel, black sabbath, RHCP, blondie, Van Morrison.   I listened to dookie & AI today & I understand what you are saying - but don't limit yourself. 

This was helpful thanks

• Like 1

Scattered has the ability to get stuck in your head and make your fucking day. I'm glad GD haven't tried to create a similar song simply because Scattered is and needs to be unique. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, I don't care said:

"Scattered" is "Stuck With Me" "All The Time".

Sorry

Hey, "Extraordinary Girl" after your sentence I've got "No Pride", but "That's All Right", I feel like a "Basket Case" "All The Time".

No problem. :lol:

• Like 1

so, do guys think that in Amitage Shanks Billie really meant "deviant" instead of "deviot"? Deviot isn't really a thing haha

• Like 1

I realized after looking at those new GD pins, that the one thing I don't like about the RevRad era is everything with the goddamn masks everywhere! They freak me out :lol::unsure:

• Like 2

I love all the shit going on in the solo of Dominated Love Slave! That subtle "ohhh shiiiiiit" and then the "pick-up truck" line, make me laugh hard every damn time. Another one I thought they'd pull out once in a while on this tour.

7 hours ago, bouncingoffthewallbja said:

Restless Heart Syndrome has the power to make you reflect and make you want to burn down a barn at the same time. It's so poignant, yet it speaks the truth in such an emotional, almost frantic, way. It's a masterpiece.

I always listen to RHS when I get bad marks at school. "I am my own worst enemy"... :lol:

• Like 1

Personally, I would be over the moon if GD released a sequel to American Idiot. I want to know what the Jesus of Suburbia is up to, as I think his story isn't finished yet.

• Like 1

When you force yourself to listen to a different artist to prepare for a concert but you would really really really rather just listen to Green Day instead because at least their music makes you feel something.:mellow:

This feels like an assignment and I feel stressed. But I'm seeing ADTR on Friday and I have only ever listened to WSMFY, oops...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mrduckygoosy said:

I assume it is a wordplay, mixing "idiot" and "deviant".

Interesting way of looking at it! I'll believe this theory from now on!

• Like 1

I ended up listening to the live in Japan ep on Spotify last night. Don't know how I'd never before, Billie's voice sounds great on it, his 21CB vocals were just perfect tbh. 

It's definitely got me excited to see them again in July!! 

Just watched Brodway Idiot again. 1) realised I the one time I've been to the US and New York was right after it premiered:fuckyou::cry: and 2) Billie and Adrienne (+Tré) as they hear LAst Night on Earth for the first time is too intense for words :wub:

• Like 4

No one knows is the proof that GD had already reached their musical maturity in Kerplunk. What a fucking great bassline.

I actually find difficulties while playing that. My fingers are too little. I need to grow up! :lol:

• Like 1

On 2/8/2017 at 8:01 AM, herewegoagain said:

Just watched Brodway Idiot again. 1) realised I the one time I've been to the US and New York was right after it premiered:fuckyou::cry: and 2) Billie and Adrienne (+Tré) as they hear LAst Night on Earth for the first time is too intense for words :wub:

I actually still haven't seen it. =/

• Like 1

Just now, RougeRogue said:

I actually still haven't seen it. =/

It might be on Netflix. I mean I saw it on Netflix but it's not available in my country anymore. :( 

22 minutes ago, Billie Hoe said:

It might be on Netflix. I mean I saw it on Netflix but it's not available in my country anymore. :( 

It used to be but it hasn't been on Netflix for a long time.

1 minute ago, RougeRogue said:

It used to be but it hasn't been on Netflix for a long time.

it has to be available in some online stream somewhere 

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic