Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

It was nice to see a bit about the GD Uk tour in the free newspaper that I picked up on the bus this morning. And it was great to see the elderly gentleman in the seat in front looking at the page too (if only for 10 seconds) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, letsdanceon said:

I also remember 2 of them getting beat up at a Petaluma party one time...prolly for "stealing" dudes' girlfriends, which they had a reputation for, even way back then haha."

Omg :lol: Thanks for sharing this! 

• Like 2

Yeah, that song would have been great around like after Youngblood in the set. AI or Welcome To Paradise should be the damn opener!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaraGreenDay said:

I didn't know where to post this, guess it could go in the fangirl's thread too lol, but I just wanted to say how much I love what this girl did, almost everyday I see so much love for Billie and Mike but not so much for Tré so this was very important, love how she basically ignored BJ and Mike to went directly to Tré :lol: Girl, I don't know if you're here but I wanted to say thank you and you rock! :wub:

I just showed this video to hubby because I, too, was so happy with the Tre love.

Now someone needs to hug Jason White too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaraGreenDay said:

I didn't know where to post this, guess it could go in the fangirl's thread too lol, but I just wanted to say how much I love what this girl did, almost everyday I see so much love for Billie and Mike but not so much for Tré so this was very important, love how she basically ignored BJ and Mike to went directly to Tré :lol: Girl, I don't know if you're here but I wanted to say thank you and you rock! :wub:

3:02-3:38

That was freakin' awesome.

• Like 1

Warning is probably the most adult album Green Day has done thematically. I feel like it's a bunch of wise older dudes talking to me when I listen to it. I mean this in the best way, I love Warning.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, End Of The World said:

Deadbeat Holiday is musically and lyrically fantastic. Cymbals in "Christmas lights in the middle of August" are perfect with that catchy guitar riff. :happy:

Favourite song off Warning! 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2017 at 0:51 PM, Marki. said:

Walking Alone is such a gem. The lyrics are great and I just love everything about that song.

Agreed.  That's one of those songs that I didn't pay much attention to at first, and then all of a sudden just fell in love with one day.

18 hours ago, lizziebix said:

I just showed this video to hubby because I, too, was so happy with the Tre love.

Now someone needs to hug Jason White too.

I found it funny that when the kid who went onstage to play WICA at the Aragon show last year went over to jam with Jason (at the end of the song), he had a look on his face like, "Why are you here?  No one ever comes by me".   :lol:

• Like 4

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:51 PM, Marki. said:

Walking Alone is such a gem. The lyrics are great and I just love everything about that song.

This song is perfect when you are like "my life is a shit, and so am I, but I'm still living".

It's a strange feeling. The song is also so quiet. I often use it as a soundtrack when walking to school (along with KYE). 113 BPM. My steps are 110/120 BPM (130 if I am nervous) so it fits. :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, End Of The World said:

Deadbeat Holiday is musically and lyrically fantastic. Cymbals in "Christmas lights in the middle of August" are perfect with that catchy guitar riff. :happy:

I will never ever tire of that exact line, musically and lyrically.

• Like 1

Sweet 16 is actually one of the better "softer" songs Green Day have released.

I love Billie's voice in it ☺️

• Like 2

Just listened to the whole of American Idiot and for me it trumps any other green day and for that matter any other album but for the life of me I cant seem to find an album that resonates with me as much as American idiot so if anyone could point me in the right direction and suggest artists albums songs whatever, I'm open to all suggestions

1 hour ago, Giusey said:

Just listened to the whole of American Idiot and for me it trumps any other green day and for that matter any other album but for the life of me I cant seem to find an album that resonates with me as much as American idiot so if anyone could point me in the right direction and suggest artists albums songs whatever, I'm open to all suggestions

What else do you listen to - how about the clash, the jam, talking heads, madness - even Billy Joel, black sabbath, RHCP, blondie, Van Morrison.   I listened to dookie & AI today & I understand what you are saying - but don't limit yourself. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Giusey said:

Philosophy of the World by The Shaggs.

Spoiler

I apologize in advance.

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic