Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

Just Murder City would be better than KYE. I hope t hell they at least keep Christie Road and one other track from Kerplunk. We should get a minimum of two Insomniac songs and one better be Armatage Shanks. Anything but just Brain Stew, that'd be boring.

I really hope they keep playing Christie Road with that beautiful intro Billie played at the beginning on the last shows. 

I still have all my old 90s Green Day tshirts in a box in my attic. My favorite was always the chef doggie one where he's holding a bowl of liquid shit 😆 For the longest time my parents wouldn't let me get the one that said "eat your parents" on it, and I think I eventually found it at a thrift store years later. I never realized until recently when looking at some sold auctions just how much those old shirts go for sometimes. I probably have next month's mortgage payment sitting in my attic (not that I want to sell them!) 😜

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dakke said:

Christie Road is a staple this tour and both 2000 Lightyears Away and Private Ale should be represented. Not sure about Holden since they played it often during the 21CB tour, but definitely possible since it's Billie's favorite. I always forget about Bab's. Anyways, Walking Contradiction would be a worthy substitute. Personally I'd love to have something else from Warning besides Minority and Waiting. Mopefully they also perform 21CB songs aside from Know Your Enemy. Personally, I was very pleasantly surprised they played Murder City live during the 1-2-3-4 Records benefit show.

As long as there's some kind of representation for all aspects of their discography (e.g singles, deeper cuts, rarities, new material) I'll be happy!! :lol:

I'd love to hear Private Ale live as well! It was nice to hear it during one of the RevRad promotion shows! 

16 hours ago, Dakke said:

Private Ale, Christie Road and No One Knows. Android or 80 would also fit and why not a live cover of My Generation?

Foxboro Hot Tubs have played My Generation a couple of times so they're definitely capable of it! I'm also a big fan of Private Ale and No One Knows, would love to see them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Foxboro Hot Tubs have played My Generation a couple of times so they're definitely capable of it! I'm also a big fan of Private Ale and No One Knows, would love to see them.

I hope they keep Private Ale. It's a song I almost completely forgot about but a while ago I saw a video of it from iheart and fell in love with it. It's so fun live! 

• Like 3

First off, the title of this thread should be called 'random thoughts about Green Day' because the current title suggests that the actual band will post their own thoughts.  My random thought is WTF are we gonna do when WWIII happens.  About two weeks ago, my sources (none of the main stream media) said we were within 2 minutes of WWIII.  Illuminati.  Paris warned us. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 6:11 PM, Dakke said:

Hey, what about Amanda and Olivia?

There are sooooo many names from Green Day songs.   Christian, Gloria, Jimmy, Amanda, Amy, Whatshisface, Gabriela, Maria.  

I miss 90's green day shows. I love the simple power trio setup without the super big show production, it just seemed more intimate and a little more chaotic, they could just pull out any song at any time per request, even though they do that at times now it still seems more rehearsed. I doubt we'll see another tour like this show here:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I miss 90's green day shows. I love the simple power trio setup without the super big show production, it just seemed more intimate and a little more chaotic, they could just pull out any song at any time per request, even though they do that at times now it still seems more rehearsed. 

giphy.gif

I couldn't agree with you more!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

I miss 90's green day shows. I love the simple power trio setup without the super big show production, it just seemed more intimate and a little more chaotic, they could just pull out any song at any time per request, even though they do that at times now it still seems more rehearsed. I doubt we'll see another tour like this show here:

That's why I love small club/benefit/surprise shows. They can play old stuff like Dry Ice, Judge's Daughter and 409 In Your Coffeemaker without the obligation to play the 'mainstream' Dookie and AI hits.

• Like 4

Damn, I'd love them to play Knowledge again. They really should do that on the European summer tour with Rancid. Tim + Billie + Knowledge = Rage and Love

• Like 1

The other night, me, my mom and my younger brother were in Dominos, and my brother taps me and says "It's Green Day"

I take out my headphones and hear Good Riddance on the radio and have a tiny meltdown that both worried my mom and the other customers. :lol: It was great haha

6 hours ago, Too Dumb to Die(s) said:

There are sooooo many names from Green Day songs.   Christian, Gloria, Jimmy, Amanda, Amy, Whatshisface, Gabriela, Maria.  

Don't forget GI Joe in pantyhose :P lol

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

The other night, me, my mom and my younger brother were in Dominos, and my brother taps me and says "It's Green Day"

I take out my headphones and hear Good Riddance on the radio and have a tiny meltdown that both worried my mom and the other customers. :lol: It was great haha

At least your brother was kind enough to tell you! My brother would make a serious bee-line to the nearest exit :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

So you are suggesting Billie starts pilling and drinking again.  I agree.  

I saw them in 1998 when they were probably on drugs. Billie for sure, he was insane. I was only like 9 , but I remember it quite well. They destroyed the drums and lit them on fire at the end before Billie did Good Riddance. I'm pretty sure Billie pissed on the fire too. KFAD was killer back then, don't remember it being extended, Billie had a leopard thong and fought the guy playing trumpet, dressed as a bee. Yeah, they had some wild shows in those days.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tresexy101 said:

So you are suggesting Billie starts pilling and drinking again.  I agree.  

not at all.

11 minutes ago, St. Jonny said:

I saw them in 1998 when they were probably on drugs. Billie for sure, he was insane. I was only like 9 , but I remember it quite well. They destroyed the drums and lit them on fire at the end before Billie did Good Riddance. I'm pretty sure Billie pissed on the fire too. KFAD was killer back then, don't remember it being extended, Billie had a leopard thong and fought the guy playing trumpet, dressed as a bee. Yeah, they had some wild shows in those days.

I also saw them in 98, it was awesome. Honestly, I've never done a drug in my life, so I'm no expert, but I think the nimrod days were just alcohol fueled. I feel like I remember hearing Billie say that he gave up drugs once Joey was born. watch Jaded in Chicago from December 94 (I think they were on meth) and compare that to the MTV Live at the 10 Spot performance from April 98. VERY different.

7 hours ago, 21guns&novacaine said:

Don't know why, but I'm enjoying the hell out of imagining that scene:lol:

It's completely bizarre, but today I've been listening to some GD I haven't heard in a while, (Redundant, Pulling Teeth, Good Riddance, JOS) and it's affecting me so weirdly it's kinda funny. I mean seriously, lately I've been listening to RevRad, Weezer's new album, some Nirvana, TOP, and some other random stuff, and BAM! All of a sudden I'm experiencing a feeling so intense it's like a flavor. It's like I'm back in spring again, just before summer, and I feel amazing like I did then. Apparently I've had Green Day with withdrawal. Green Day is the cure for depression dear world!  :dance:

• Like 4

Woke up to the news that Green Day will be playing near Cleveland this summer...great! Just like I had hoped!

...then realized I will be almost 9 months pregnant, due to give birth any day 😳 Mosh pit is out 😂 But I could still do seats...maybe...if I'm not in the hospital at the time...fml

29 minutes ago, letsdanceon said:

Woke up to the news that Green Day will be playing near Cleveland this summer...great! Just like I had hoped!

...then realized I will be almost 9 months pregnant, due to give birth any day 😳 Mosh pit is out 😂 But I could still do seats...maybe...if I'm not in the hospital at the time...fml

Imagine giving birth at a Green Day show, though.

• Like 4

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic