Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

The more I listen to State Of Shock the more I wonder where it would have ended up if they kept it on the trilogy. Still not sure.

The more I listen to State Of Shock the more I wonder where it would have ended up if they kept it on the trilogy. Still not sure.

Not a great song just a so so with a recycled melody it'd been on ¡Uno!

• Like 1

The tambourine in the Fell For You demo is like nails on a blackboard. Why do they ever think tambourine is a good idea? :pinch:

The part in Cuatro where Tre talks about playing tambourine like it's an art came off very creepy. Probably a tambourine fetish.

• Like 1

The tambourine in the Fell For You demo is like nails on a blackboard. Why do they ever think tambourine is a good idea? :pinch:

Because.

Tre_Cool.gif

Anyway, the Fell For You demo is awesome and nothing matters beyond the snare sound :P

• Like 2

Because.

Tre_Cool.gif

Anyway, the Fell For You demo is awesome and nothing matters beyond the snare sound :P

Grr, that gif makes me so ANGRY because it's singlehandedly responsible for the trilogy's failing! :mad:

Ha, as if.

:P

But nah, I think I like Fell For You's studio version better, tbh. Sadly. I wanted to like the demo but the tambourine hurts my ears. :(

I actually like the tambourine in Fell For You... it adds a little flair to the song that I think makes it better than the hollow album version

• Like 1

I actually like the tambourine in Fell For You... it adds a little flair to the song that I think makes it better than the hollow album version

You should post that here and see what happens :P

How much does the bass/drum intro to Baby Eyes on Demolicious transform the song? It just sounds so much better.

How much does the bass/drum intro to Baby Eyes on Demolicious transform the song? It just sounds so much better.

It sets it up to sound way dirtier

It sets it up to sound way dirtier

Exactly. The upbeat 'Go Go Go!' intro from the original is not only stupid, but also doesn't fit the tone and vocal melody of the verses, which are anything but upbeat. Obviously the lack of production is so much better in the demo too.

I do like the studio version of Baby Eyes but the demo is way better. Why did they not keep that awesome intro and bass drum in the pause near the end? :(

(I have no idea if there's a "proper" name for the bass drum part but yeah)

• Like 1

plus there's not a single song on the trilogy that starts with just bass
  • Like 1

plus there's not a single song on the trilogy that starts with just bass

Is there even another Green Day song that does apart from Panic Song? Even in Stuart & The Ave there's a chord and one drum hit at the start :P

Is there even another Green Day song that does apart from Panic Song? Even in Stuart & The Ave there's a chord and one drum hit at the start :P

JAR and No One Knows :P

You should post that here and see what happens :P

And throw another log on the Trilogy hate bonfire that is that thread? mmm... pass.

• Like 2

I just finished watching one nine nine four. It was really good but yeah Billie seemed up his own ass in the interviews, not as bad as Tom from blink though lol.

There needs to be an epic crossover between AI and Fight Club where alternate-personality anarchist St. Jimmy meets alternate-personality anarchist Tyler Durden and they team up. "I am the son of a bitch and Edgar Allan Poe. I make and I sell soap."

• Like 1

Totally random. Ever since learning that the Cantonese word for 'dog' is gau2 (; Mandarin form is gǒu) Baby Eyes isn't the same. I mean, I can't help but imagine Billie shouting something like 'DOG DOG DOG' in Chinese.

• Like 2

There needs to be an epic crossover between AI and Fight Club where alternate-personality anarchist St. Jimmy meets alternate-personality anarchist Tyler Durden and they team up. "I am the son of a bitch and Edgar Allan Poe. I make and I sell soap."

Please, dear lord in heaven, let this happen. I watched Fight Club a few weeks ago and it was the best thing ever. To cross it with one of the best Green Day albums of all time would be the ne plus ultra.

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic
  • Hermione pinned this topic