Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

13 hours ago, I don't care said:

Just listened to Working Class Hero (Green Day version, obviously) and I just realized that I grew up (well, I was seven when it was released) thinking that it was a Green Day song. If have no idea when or where I learned that it was made by John Lennon.

I cannot believe you were seven when that was released! I remember posting on this thread around that time...insane :o:D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jenn. said:

I cannot believe you were seven when that was released! I remember posting on this thread around that time...insane :o:D 

Oh my god, teenagers make me feel so ancient :cry: It is unfathomable that anyone can exist and not recall exactly where they were when they found out about 9/11.

2 minutes ago, Wretched & Divine said:

Oh my god, teenagers make me feel so ancient :cry: It is unfathomable that anyone can exist and not recall exactly where they were when they found out about 9/11.

My niece was 3 when I joined this forum. She's now almost 14 and that freaks me out :tired: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jenn. said:

My niece was 3 when I joined this forum. She's now almost 14 and that freaks me out :tired: 

:lol: I only joined in 2010 so I don't have quite the same scale.

To keep this on topic: I've booked two of my five flights for Green Day's tour around the country and I am too exhausted to be excited 😂 I could not bloody fall asleep last night because I got too psyched about tennis in January and the tour in April/May, so now I'm a corpse :wacko:

• Like 1

Just now, Wretched & Divine said:

:lol: I only joined in 2010 so I don't have quite the same scale.

To keep this on topic: I've booked two of my five flights for Green Day's tour around the country and I am too exhausted to be excited 😂 I could not bloody fall asleep last night because I got too psyched about tennis in January and the tour in April/May, so now I'm a corpse :wacko:

Five flights!! That's epic:dance:

I am planning on going to the concert in Leeds and then getting a bus to London and staying there til the London gig. I'm a bit of an organisational freak and it's killing me that I can't book my bus ticket til mid December :lol: I also need to book my Hyde Park flight but I'm broke atm, lol.

3 minutes ago, Jenn. said:

Five flights!! That's epic:dance:

I am planning on going to the concert in Leeds and then getting a bus to London and staying there til the London gig. I'm a bit of an organisational freak and it's killing me that I can't book my bus ticket til mid December :lol: I also need to book my Hyde Park flight but I'm broke atm, lol.

:runaround: I cannot beliiiiieve I'm seeing them five times. Still too tired to muster actual excitement physically. But omg, I feel you about needing to have everything organised! I'm traveling with two other fans and I just made us all figure out our transportation to the airport in Perth because there are two terminals which are a pain in the ass to travel between. Made us figure out something that isn't happening until May 2 😂😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wretched & Divine said:

:runaround: I cannot beliiiiieve I'm seeing them five times. Still too tired to muster actual excitement physically. But omg, I feel you about needing to have everything organised! I'm traveling with two other fans and I just made us all figure out our transportation to the airport in Perth because there are two terminals which are a pain in the ass to travel between. Made us figure out something that isn't happening until May 2 😂😂

Hyde Park will be my 7th Green Day show which is insane to me! I'm only doing one show with two friends (who aren't superfans but we're friends from another fandom and they've let me drag them to the musical already so they knew it was coming :P ) but hoping to maybe see some GDCers at the other shows :happy: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jenn. said:

Hyde Park will be my 7th Green Day show which is insane to me! I'm only doing one show with two friends (who aren't superfans but we're friends from another fandom and they've let me drag them to the musical already so they knew it was coming :P ) but hoping to maybe see some GDCers at the other shows :happy: 

I have only seen them twice before! Mildly hyperventilating whenever I think about seeing them five times in 10 days (or something mad like that) :runaround: I think it helps a lot that the people I'm touring with are GDCers themselves and this is going to be the first time any of us meet each other haha. I gathered us up mainly to keep down accommodation costs, and it has snowballed from there and I'm almost as excited about my time with them as I am about my time with the band.

Maybe you should PM a few people who are going to the same shows as you? Tends to get the ball rolling much quicker than trying to organise in a thread :lol:

• Like 1

I was searching for a book called "Unbroken Brain" in a library catalogue and the search engine found that all-album bundle that was released in 2012 with the Trilogy and a Ringo Starr record.

The library algorithm runs on black magic.

• Like 1

On 24.11.2016 at 1:20 AM, I don't care said:

Just listened to Working Class Hero (Green Day version, obviously) and I just realized that I grew up (well, I was seven when it was released) thinking that it was a Green Day song. If have no idea when or where I learned that it was made by John Lennon.

I thought for like year or two that it was Elton John's one :)

• Like 1

Stop When the Red Lights Flash is actually a line of Elvis' That's All Right, a song they covered for the iTunes Deluxe Version of 21st Century Breakdown. It does refer on a metaphorical level to Billie going off the rails, as does the whole of Dos!

• Like 1

I feel like I need to buy everything in their merch right now because of weight gain i've grown out of like 70 percent of my green day t shirts :(

2 hours ago, Dakke said:

Stop When the Red Lights Flash is actually a line of Elvis' That's All Right, a song they covered for the iTunes Deluxe Version of 21st Century Breakdown. It does refer on a metaphorical level to Billie going off the rails, as does the whole of Dos!

Then clearly Elvis also had a habit of sitting behind buses in traffic.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

coincidentally i'm wearing this one right now :D they were at primark a long while ago... or just very very similar ones

I know! I was so bummed we don't have primark. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Marki. said:

I've wanted that grey Dookie shirt for the longest time, I should finally buy it for myself for Christmas :P 

I'd also want this one if they sold it in a different colour - http://greenday.warnerartists.net/eu/apparel/photo-collage-women-s-t-shirt.html

Yeah, I like that one too but it looks a little weird in this color, even though I normally like menthol green. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RougeRogue said:

Then clearly Elvis also had a habit of sitting behind buses in traffic.

Why couldn't it be when red lights flash in traffic lights?! You stop the car when you see the red light

3 minutes ago, Shahd said:

Why couldn't it be when red lights flash in traffic lights?! You stop the car when you see the red light

I don't think it makes any difference what kind of lights it is, the meaning is always the same...the phrase is written on buses, when I googled it, all I found were pictures of buses and the song so I guess it's usually used in that context. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't think it makes any difference what kind of lights it is, the meaning is always the same...the phrase is written on buses, when I googled it, all I found were pictures of buses and the song so I guess it's usually used in that context. 

Yeah what I meant is that it could be anything :lol:

• Like 1

He guys does someone know how the type of jacket is called billie weared during the beginning of a trilogy show? 

green-day-billie-joe-armstrong-green-day

Edited by ThmFortin
  • Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic