Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

On 8/16/2016 at 4:40 PM, Maid Meringue said:

Because Metallica is the biggest band in the world. I just said that :lol:

They're more accessible, they paved the way for multiple genres of music and continue to do so, and by sheer record sales alone they blow Green Day out of the water.

Green Day is the Metallica of alternative music. But to say that Metallica is the Green Day of thrash/metal is an insult.

Metallica is not the biggest band in the world, they haven't been relevant in like 20 years

7 minutes ago, tdlyon said:

Metallica is not the biggest band in the world, they haven't been relevant in like 20 years

I don't even know what to say to that :lol: because i can't go one day without hearing their music, seeing their articles, or being within earshot of a conversation about them.

The Kerrang article that just came out even said that GD reached Metallica status. You don't see anyone saying that Metallica has reached Green Day status.

25 minutes ago, tdlyon said:

uhhh while I'm not a Metallica fan at all but they still sell out huge tours yearly bunch of fans still waiting for a new album plus the impact they made... come on now...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Billie Hoe said:

i can't believe i've been a fan of these fucking dorks for almost ten years now

Same! I just realized this a few weeks ago and I've been thinking I should celebrate my anniversary somehow :D Probably by buying myself all the Revolution Radio stuff :lol:

They just played The Simpsons theme by Green Day on TV while promoting a Simpsons best of :D Reminds me that I'll have to watch that scene again. 

16 hours ago, tdlyon said:

loool usrs

Metallica's self-titled album is still selling 5000 copies a week in 2016, 25 years later.

::notrelevant::

• Like 1

The radio announcer said this is Tre Cool of GD with Basket case:ermm: first time I have heard it announced this way.

Oh ok I get it they are playing great drumming songs.:lol:

• Like 1

Kinda bummed about this. Metallica released a new song today and I guess it's a back to their roots kind of thing. I listened to it and thought it was pretty boring, lyrics were nothing special and the vocals had no heart to em, and yet I've seen like at least 8 people post the song on facebook and rave about how great it is. Last week when green day released a fast punk song I only saw like 2 posts about it, and one was from a snobby old school GD fan ranting about the song being boring. Bang Bang is a million times better than that new Metallica song

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kyle Serlington said:

Kinda bummed about this. Metallica released a new song today and I guess it's a back to their roots kind of thing. I listened to it and thought it was pretty boring, lyrics were nothing special and the vocals had no heart to em, and yet I've seen like at least 8 people post the song on facebook and rave about how great it is. Last week when green day released a fast punk song I only saw like 2 posts about it, and one was from a snobby old school GD fan ranting about the song being boring. Bang Bang is a million times better than that new Metallica song

Part & parcel of being a GD fan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

Is it bad that when I heard the new Metallica song today, I though "these sound like Green Day lyrics" ? :lol:

btw if the song was on Kill em All nobody would be criticizing it

good for them, though. It's no secret that James and Billie are friends, and for both to be releasing comeback records at the same time may bring some interesting promos (or at the very least, social media shout-outs).

10 hours ago, Kyle Serlington said:

Comparing apples to oranges IMO.

Has anyone tried making a mashup of HLAHG and Time to Wake Up yet?
Cutting out the odd dance numbers and placing the various interview/recording/extras clips in order of appearance?
While watching HLAHG when it first came out, all i could do was think about where all of the other parts should have fit in.

Was just browsing Breitbart and saw an article which featured Billie's remark about how Trump is like Hitler. While I strongly disagree with Billie about Trump, I honestly don't know if I can scroll down to the comments section.

It would be nice if people could be more civil instead of resorting to calling each other names like "libtard", "Democrap", "Rethuglican", and the like. Something that really bothers me is that, when conservative commenters attack Billie for his outspoken remarks, they often act as if he's a nonentity in the entertainment world and bring up their age (e.g. "I'm 64 and listen to [insert respected classic rock/metal bands of your choice here]" not crap) I mean, I'm fine with people not liking Billie and/or Green Day; it's their opinion, but to act as if he and Green Day are inconsequential is laughable and makes you look foolish, as if you think that your opinion is the only thing that matters (because facts speak for themselves--GD is very influential and is not "just another crap band"). I also get pissed when people bring up his drug use in this context (e.g. "he's just another brainless drug addict"). I know how hard Billie's struggled with substance abuse, and I feel protective of him to an extent. I'm sure that we all do, so to have someone just write him off as merely another junkie really makes my blood boil.

EDIT: "He's not very good at playing guitar... and obviously completely unqualified to make political comments."

There are so many things wrong with that statement. He's a pretty good axeman, from what I've heard, which is GD's entire discography. Secondly...what "qualifies" you to make political statements? Is this user implying that you somehow need anything more than a working brain to comment on politics? Because if so, that's a steaming load of bullsh*t. Everyone should be able to voice their opinions.

I read through the FB comments under his last insta post, just because I never say no to an entertaining flame. Sometimes it was hard to say who was trolling and who wasn't. I must say that I'm glad he posted his clarification because tbh, the headline sounded lame as hell. What he actually said Trump in the interview made sense and it wasn't extreme by any means. There is this kind of people who can't stand different opinions. I really hate to say so, but this trait usually correlates with being dumb. It's not nice to get bashed by this kind of internet users, and it's not nice to watch them talk shit about others but it doesn't matter much. Reacting to a perfectly normal opinions you happen to disagree with hatespeech and degrading opponents indicates lack of arguments. No point in discussing, no point in sweating it too much. Your opinion sucks because I don't like you is a 4-year-old's logic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

Was just browsing Breitbart

There's the problem :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Libertine Angel said:

There's the problem :P

Hey, hey, hey, I actually read Breitbart :P

I'm just getting so tired of the mindless hate and vitriol spewed by both sides of the political spectrum.

5 minutes ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

Hey, hey, hey, I actually read Breitbart :P

I'm just getting so tired of the mindless hate and vitriol spewed by both sides of the political spectrum.

To be fair if you don't want mindless hate there's probably better things to read than a thing written by Milo Yiannopoulos :P

• Like 1

Just now, Libertine Angel said:

To be fair if you don't want mindless hate there's probably better things to read than a thing written by Milo Yiannopoulos :P

Agree to disagree on Milo :P 

17 minutes ago, Libertine Angel said:

Sure, if you can look past all this shit :P

Finally finished reading the article. 

Oh, I don't disagree that he says some nasty stuff (and that many of his followers do too. That remark on Twitter about Leslie Jones looking like a gorilla was very uncalled-for, and even I thought it racist. To be fair, she had a history of vaguely racist Tweets as well), but I have listened to some of his shows before on YouTube, and I believe that it's there that he shows his more reasonable side and where you see the method to his madness. He is self-employed as a provocateur who likes to push the boundaries of what's okay to say, his purpose is to do just that, and I think that that's what people should take him as. Not as some paragon of morality and goodness.

11 minutes ago, Maid Meringue said:

THANK YOU. This is exactly what I've been saying the entire time, only you've put it more eloquently. 

Billie is just speaking up about his worries and you can't really roast him for that, especially when his worries are justified. Trump and Pre-WW2-Hitler share a lot of similarities, and it's not wrong to compare them.

• Like 3

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic