Random Green Day Thoughts

Fuzz

8 minutes ago, Jane Lannister said:

This is why I haven't told anyone :P

I couldn't do that. Everyone around me already knows. :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mary711 said:

I couldn't do that. Everyone around me already knows. :lol:

I don't know how I did it! My family and most friends aren't interested in them so I'm trying to not feed them with info they don't care about. If I managed to keep my mouth shut about HOF I can do anything. But I'm super excited and applied for a job :P

1 minute ago, Jane Lannister said:

I don't know how I did it! My family and most friends aren't interested in them so I'm trying to not feed them with info they don't care about. If I managed to keep my mouth shut about HOF I can do anything. But I'm super excited and applied for a job :P

What kind of job?

Just now, Mary711 said:

What kind of job?

A factory job putting stuff into cartons for $3,5 an hour. It has a three shift shedule and 12-hr shifts at the weekends. I'll look for something else first, this kind of sucks. 

My parents are clearing their room out and found Jon Ewing's Green Day biography and interview disc (well, there should be an interview disc, we don't know where that is) from just before JAR, so that's cool.

I think it would be really really cool if Green Day adopt this thing from Bruce Springsteen (I don't know if other artists are doing the same) during the next tour. Beeing able to collect and relisten all the concerts where you've been, entirely and in high quality, would be an amazing opportunity for the fans, and a great feature for Idiot Nation :) 

I  honestly hate when i see people in a green day shirt when they only know 1 song

6 minutes ago, zeldachick14 said:

I  honestly hate when i see people in a green day shirt when they only know 1 song

That's how I feel about Pink Floyd and Joy Division tees (both are very popular at my school) as well as GD tees. Of course, I can't tell if they actually like the band or not without first striking up a conversation with them. I try not to judge beforehand.

• Like 1

Just now, PurpleIron1039 said:

That's how I feel about Pink Floyd and Joy Division tees (both are very popular at my school).

No definitely RAMONES t-shirts - that pisses me off.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

Yeah, I don't see a lot of those at school, but I am slightly pissed when I see "pre-distressed" Ramones and Iron Maiden crop-tops or whatever being sold on popular clothing sites. It's petty and dumb, but it's how I feel. However, I'm okay with Hot Topic--my mom really doesn't like when I order band merch online straight from the band's site, but she will take me to HT in the mall. It's fucking impossible to find Overkill and Mercyful Fate merch there, though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BillyjoelxkidXx said:

I think it doesn't matter what band, if you don't listen to them you shouldn't be wearing their shirt.

• Like 1

Just now, PurpleIron1039 said:

Yeah, I don't see a lot of those at school, but I am slightly pissed when I see "pre-distressed" Ramones and Iron Maiden crop-tops or whatever being sold on popular clothing sites. It's petty and dumb, but it's how I feel.

Yes - I see them at K-Mart :mad:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zeldachick14 said:

I think it doesn't matter what band, if you don't listen to them you shouldn't be wearing their shirt.

I mean, they have a right to wear it, but I don't think that they should complain when fans get a bit angry that they don't even listen to the artist that they're sporting on their shirt. You chose to don the merch, deal with the consequences.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurpleIron1039 said:

I mean, they have a right to wear it, but I don't think that they should complain when fans get a bit angry that they don't even listen to the artist that they're sporting on their shirt. You chose to don the merch, deal with the consequences.

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Siddharth_471 said:

I remember once arguing with some of you over here that whether Whatsername is a dull song. I wonder why I thought so negative about it? So I must take my words back and agree that it is one of the best songs from AI that really sends chills inside and yeah, IT IS a powerful song with great music and lyrics!

To me, it's one of their best songs, period. Everything about it is perfection, especially Billie Joe's vocals. He delivers those beautiful lyrics from his heart.

• Like 4

On 8/2/2016 at 10:37 PM, zeldachick14 said:

Even if they do only know one song maybe they're wearing it because they like it and will later get into more of their songs.

I don't get being bothered if someone is wearing a t shirt with the name of a band on it even if they've never heard of them. Doesn't affect your life in any way and just means the band came up with a cool logo/name that people like.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Siddharth_471 said:

I remember once arguing with some of you over here that whether Whatsername is a dull song. I wonder why I thought so negative about it? So I must take my words back and agree that it is one of the best songs from AI that really sends chills inside and yeah, IT IS a powerful song with great music and lyrics!

Wow, I give you credit my friend.  

• Like 1

The people payed for the T-shirt and advertise the band by wearing it. If that's a problem for you, you should take a chill pill. Or you can rip the tee off of them screaming: "how dare you wear this if you're not a trufan! They are mine!!! Hands off my babies bitch!!"

Also, I'd like you know how you determine how many songs a person knows. 

Maria is a fucking awesome song.

Also I've just discovered the awesomeness of using YouTube to play Green Day at 1.25 speed, it's so fucking cool.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

Also I've just discovered the awesomeness of using YouTube to play Green Day at 1.25 speed, it's so fucking cool.

I absolutely love that song. 

Never tried this but I guess it increases the punk so I'm all for it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

Try Jaded at 1.5 speed.

• Like 3

Listening to Insomniac (again, it's been at least once a day all week) I've just really noticed Tre's cymbal work in Jaded, it's so cool.

And now Westbound Sign too, I can't un-hear it now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Libertine Angel said:

As is Poprocks and Coke. And of course Lights Out and Hearts Collide

• Like 2

• Hermione changed the title to Random Green Day Thoughts
  • Liam unpinned this topic